Undecided!

Help!

I’m torn between two very different names:
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]- Very feminine, delicate and musical. I like the history, and the nickname [name_f]Bella[/name_f].
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]- Quite the opposite, unisex and strong, a bit more dated but I really do like it. The nickname [name_u]Tay[/name_u] is also pretty.

I love them both but can’t decide! Thoughts?

3 Likes

I much prefer [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]! [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] isn’t my style.

Love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]! It stands the test of time. The oldest [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] I know is 96 and the youngest is 2- it suits both perfectly.

I personally find [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] a bit plain and dated by comparison. Nothing wrong with it- just not my style. If I hear the name [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] I assume the person was born in the 90s/00s.

I like both names! I think I like [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] a bit more because of the fun nn options :blush:

1 Like

You didn’t ask for suggestions but [name_f]Taya[/name_f] feels kind of like a cross between the two styles to me.

Isabella- timeless, multiple NNs, strong
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]- try hard. I have no negative associations with this name but I just can’t like it. The “T” sound is harsh but not in a strong way. It doesn’t age well and already sounds outdated.

I prefer [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]! It seems timeless and feminine.

I grew up with a female [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]. She hated the nn [name_u]Tay[/name_u] or TayTay, and I could see her point. Maybe it’s a cute nn for parents, but it felt juvenile and kids tend to want to be older (no matter how much we tell them that you really DON’T want to grow up :sweat_smile:)

Bella is very Twilight but that seems to be a fad that isn’t resurfacing (thank goodness).

i think both names a simple and very well-known. Since they’re so different, this may be a “let the baby decide” situation. Sometimes kids come out and you look at them and know which style is the one you want for them.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], nn [name_f]Bella[/name_f].

My favourite is [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] it’s just pretty and I prefer gender specific choices over unisex names.

I prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], just know too many Isabellas. It is a lovely classic, though!
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is tired, but nothing wrong with the sound of it. Pleasing to the ear and you like it :slight_smile:
The mn consideration or which sounds best with your ln would help me choose in this case because the fn choices are stylistically different.

Someone who likes both [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] might like:
[name_f]Tabatha[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]India[/name_f], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], or [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]

Best wishes!

I much prefer the name [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]! [name_m]Even[/name_m] if it’s popular right now, I think it’s a name that ages well. I completely agree about it sounding musical & feminine :blush:

The name [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] has never popped much to me, and I think I have met more [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]'s than [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/Isabella’s in my lifetime.

1 Like

I much prefer the elegance of [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]

I definitely prefer [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]! Classic and beautiful.

Isabella is lovely and feels very versatile. You have [name_f]Bella[/name_f], which you like, but also [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], [name_u]Isa[/name_u], [name_f]Zibby[/name_f], [name_f]Zazie[/name_f], [name_u]Bell[/name_u], [name_f]Bee[/name_f]… I’m sure there are more options out there too!

I much prefer [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]! [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is starting to feel a little dated, tbh. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is timeless and classic.

1 Like

I much prefer [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] - such a beautiful classic! [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] feels like a dated 00’s trend to me.

Isabella for me! I remember loving [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] the second I heard it, and in a way, it led to my overwhelming love for [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (my own favorite girls’ name!). It’s popular, sure, but it’s GORGEOUS, and [name_f]Bella[/name_f] is sweet (I also like [name_u]Issy[/name_u]/Izzy and Isby and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]). [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is nice but I’ve never known one that really made me LOVE it; I am also not overwhelmingly fond of unisex names, having one myself and disliking that aspect of my name. I’ve honestly not met that many Isabellas, all things considered, so I would be happy to know one, my love for [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] aside. :wink:

I’d do [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (le)

Though I’m usually a fan of neutral names, [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] wins this one for me!