Under a new username and Spanish names

Hello everybody, I’m posting under a different name. I want this pregnancy experience, when I do find out to be a bit different. I already have my short list. [name_f]My[/name_f] previous username was scurbro, and now I’m going by scblovesnames.

This is just me making a clean break for my next pregnancy, under a fresh new moniker.

I do love names. There are thousands of them out there.

Spanish middle names I’m considering:
[name_f]Estela[/name_f] the Spanish version of the french [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] I love
[name_m]Jose[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregorio[/name_m] or [name_m]Pedro[/name_m] (We love [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] but since I’ve decided Spanish middle names, [name_m]Gregorio[/name_m] works but [name_m]Pedro[/name_m] goes very well with the name I have chosen as a first)
[name_f]Carla[/name_f] - not the most popular on nameberry or indeed in the world, but I have a cousin named [name_f]Carla[/name_f] and this is the feminine version of my husbands middle name [name_m]Carl[/name_m]. He has expressed his want to use this at some point, but I’m not sure I want to use it over [name_f]Estela[/name_f], so I put it on the list with a different first name, but it would be an option. And I could love it at the end of this next pregnancy (whenever it will be), as much as I currently love [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Estela[/name_f].

So I probably won’t be posting under my previous username much anymore. The comments I did post under that, I hope that people here appreciated them. Naming is so objective, and we all have our preferences. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to introduce myself under my new username, and I look forward to many more conversations about names.

I love Spanish (& Portuguese) names, too. [name_f]Carly[/name_f] or [name_f]Carlena[/name_f] or [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] are also options :slight_smile: If you want other boy’s names, I love [name_m]Paulo[/name_m] and [name_m]Pablo[/name_m]. Or [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m].

Thanks, the by Spanish names are family names but not all have to be. I like [name_m]Pablo[/name_m]. I’m not a big fan of [name_m]Edward[/name_m] as a name nor [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m]. I have an [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m] in the family, he’s a second cousin. However the name is just not one I’d pick.

Well welcome to you and your new username. Since I’m not sure if you wanted suggestions I’ll just go ahead and rate your picks because I could come up with a very long list of suggestions but I’m not sure if they’d be appreciated.

[name_f]Estela[/name_f] - I like it a lot, the meaning is a plus too and it’s frilly yet strong at the same time.
[name_m]Jose[/name_m] - Perhaps a little on the plain side but a classic I guess as well so nothing particularly wrong with that
[name_m]Gregorio[/name_m] or [name_m]Pedro[/name_m] - [name_m]Gregorio[/name_m] is a bit long but pleasant nevertheless a bit more out there than [name_m]Jose[/name_m] and for that reason I’d prefer it over [name_m]Jose[/name_m] and also over [name_m]Pedro[/name_m] but that’s just because I’m not big on most traditional P names
[name_f]Carla[/name_f] - I much prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] myself, but you have a very good reason to use [name_f]Carla[/name_f] as a middle I’d say.

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] is similar to [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] which is a family name in 2 maternal lines (maternal grandfathers maternal grandmother and maternal grandmother maternal grandmother) and I was thinking of using it and it’s on the list since my husband liked it.
[name_f]Carla[/name_f] is more to honor my husband but I know my cousin would be happy since she lives in Germany. Her husband is stationed there and had been for quite sometime.
[name_f]My[/name_f] son’s middle name honors my maternal grandfather who’s still alive but I don’t know how long he has. [name_m]Joaquin[/name_m] is the name.
Choosing spanish middle names is basically a duh since I realised that is what I like about my son’s name. It honors my Puerto Rican heritage. I’m part Puerto Rican through my mother’s side. It also will tie together the names and I like themes. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother chose bible names to give both my brother and I and I’m choosing spanish middle names to give my children allowing my husband to choose first names, but he want me to suggest them since names are something I like more.

Oh and suggest away!