Unexpected Names

What do you think of these names:

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]- I like it. It sounds kind of trendy, but not too much. I imagine a very pretty girl for this name.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]- All I hear is tinsel.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]- I don’t care for this- way too heavy and masculine to me.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]- I think of lace. A pretty name for a very girly girl, but I don’t know how it would sound on a tomboy.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]- [name_f]Adore[/name_f]. The name of one of my favorite people ever. This is so gorgeous!
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]- Incredibly beautiful! I love [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]!

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - Dislike. Feels a bit dated and expected.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - I used to love this name, there’s something so festive and sparkly about it. It’s lost some of it’s shimmer for me, but still a great name.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - I like this one but don’t love it. Unexpected and interesting, but feels a little awkward in my mouth.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - Cute and unexpected, but would be hard to wear for the wrong type of person. I think I’d prefer it in the middle.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] feels like an obvious feminization of a masculine name, which is always somewhat of a turn-off for me (I struggle with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] for this reason also).
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - Beautiful. Feels a bit hippy-dippy but not in a bad way. I imagine parents who love being outdoors and incorporate a lot of cultures into their life naming their daughter this.

I love [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f], it’s one of my favorites. [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] is also awesome.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] is alright, but not my cup of tea.

I don’t like [name_f]Brenna[/name_f], [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] (Tinsel?), or [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]. They all sound like they’re trying too hard to be unique, they fail however to be appealing.

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - [name_f]Brenna[/name_f] is so so cute! I think it’s sweet for a little girl and would age well, and it’s also a little mysterious in its own strange way.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - I don’t like [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f], it feels made up to me. [name_f]Tindra[/name_f] is similar and has a really great meaning.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - Beautiful and strong, my favorite on this list.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - Very cute.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - Not my style.
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - Gorgeous name, wonderful meaning, great nicknames, still a little sweetness to it.

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - I knew a [name_f]Brenna[/name_f] who was kind of shrill and mousy, so that’s all I can see. Otherwise I think I’d like it.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - Feels annoying and trendy.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - Edgy but NMS. The kind of name that inspires respect.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - An annoying Northern [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] town (near where I live.) I wouldn’t be able to contain my laughter if I ever met a [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f].
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] nice. [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] looks more complete/is more my style.
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] it. So elegant and bold.

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]–a bit too cute. [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]? or [name_f]Bree[/name_f]?
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]–like fingernails on a chalkboard
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]–unfortunate…makes me think Haggred (from [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]) might have found a girlfriend.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]–too tied to the song (’[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] lace and a pretty face and a pony tail, hanging down…’)
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]–rather back-country, but [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] is a cute nn
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]–irksome…not sure why. [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] as a nn is also bad.

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - I’m undecided on this one. It’s got kind of a nice sound but also seems kind of trendy
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - sorry, I really dislike this one. Apart from sounding like tinsel, it just sounds like part of the ley/lee/lie/leigh trend (like [name_u]Brinley[/name_u], Tinleigh, [name_f]Kayley[/name_f], [name_f]Hayleigh[/name_f] etc)]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - some people could pull this off, some couldn’t but I think it’s pretty awesome. It also makes me think of [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m] :slight_smile:
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - like [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] cream? kind of cute, but maybe a little too cute
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - I like this
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - can’t decide, [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is a bad nn but [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] sounds happy and, well, bright!

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Brenna[/name_f]!
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - This feels trendy to me, I know a couple little Tinsleys.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - I like this one, I’m not sure I’ve seen it before. Kind of exotic but soft & sweet.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - I think I prefer [name_f]Chantelle[/name_f], though I’m not crazy about either.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Gina[/name_f].
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - I don’t mind [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] but [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is a very common [name_f]Indian[/name_f] nickname & with the heavy [name_f]Indian[/name_f] population around here I hear it a lot.

I love…

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - lush and aristocratic
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - magical and exotic

I like…

[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - strong and Scandinavian

I don’t like…

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - dated along with [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - reminds me of tinsel. Overly cutesy.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - place name, fabric name, overly cutesy. Three strikes and it’s out! :slight_smile: I can see her sisters being named [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], [name_u]Paisley[/name_u] or similar sounding names like [name_f]Chablis[/name_f] and [name_f]Chardonnay[/name_f]. Not my style.

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]- Like it. A modern-Irish sounding version of [name_f]Breanna[/name_f].
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]- tooo cute. Like it should be the name of a lap dog instead of a little girl?
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]- dark and mysterious sounding
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]- southern and sweet
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]- also southern and a bit royal, too
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]- makes me think “son of a gun…” but I’m probably mis-pronouncing it anyways.

I really love… [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] and [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f].

I like… [name_f]Brenna[/name_f].

The others I am not too fond of.

[QUOTE=sorceress;2181681]What do you think of these names:

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] I don’t like it much b/c it seems overused.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] Interesting.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] I like it.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] I would avoid this one. Check it out on nameberry.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] I prefer [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], but it is fine.
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f][] Sounds like a software or pharmaceutical company to me.

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - Meh. Might be a bit trendy, but it’s fine.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - It’s alright. Interesting. I prefer [name_u]Tiernan[/name_u] or [name_u]Tierney[/name_u], far as unisex-feeling T names go.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]. Always seemed underrated to me. [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is another lovely name that’s quite similar.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - Eh. I don’t really like it - seems kinda overly frilly - but it’s not too terrible. What about something like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_m]Chance[/name_m] or [name_m]Chance[/name_m] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]?
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - Fine.
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]! Gorgeous. And such a lovely meaning.
So my favorites are [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f].

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]- meh. it’s okay. just doesn’t do it for me.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]- reminds me of [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] [name_m]Mortimer[/name_m]… so I’m not a fan.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]- love
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]- this is the sort of stagename I’d expect of a stripper (no offense intended but I can totally hear “Let’s make some noise for [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] [name_f]Lace[/name_f]!”)
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]- lovely
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]- pretty

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - I like this just fine.
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - A little to close to tinsel for me. Though I always liked [name_u]Tierney[/name_u] which is similar.
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - Like this for a middle name maybe. A little harsh for a first name.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - Not a huge fan of [name_u]Chan[/name_u]- names.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]. Prefer it over [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - I pronounced this [name_f]SUN[/name_f]-ee-va before I checked and saw that it was really SOON-ee-va. That makes me like it a little bit better.

I think [name_f]Brenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] are the best of these, [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] and [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] being my least favourites.

My favorite is [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]. It’s fun and cheerful and has very pretty images come to mind. I think everyone else brought up good and valid points about it, but it’s so unusual that a little [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] could own her name and really make it hers. I could see one being a ballerina or a baker or pretty much whatever she wants.

I also like [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] (only prn the legit way, soo-nee-va). [name_f]Brenna[/name_f] is a solid name but also does nothing for me.

I like [name_f]Brenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]. The other ones not to sure about.

My definite favourite from your list is [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]. There’s so much understated beauty in that name. It’s built up beautifully as well, it’s so nice to look at. [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] is my second favourite, but I prefer [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] which is much prettier to me - [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] for me.

I’m feeling ambivalent towards [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]. In Denmark, it’s an old-fashioned name which has gotten a comeback during the last ten years along with all of the other old, Scandinavian names. I don’t love it. I don’t think it’s one of the most flattering -rid endings and the English pronunciation of [name_m]Sig[/name_m]- doesn’t help (alas why a lot of people immediately think of [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m]). In Danish, we pronounce it SEE-rid - only with a soft D in the end (like with all other -rid endings). I don’t hate it either though, it has a lot of lovely Scandinavian history to it.

I don’t care for [name_f]Brenna[/name_f], [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] and [name_f]Chantilly[/name_f]. With all due respect to those who like these sort of names, they sound absolutely heinous and try-hard yooneek to me.

[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] - It’s an ok name, I guess. I just find a bit unremarkable
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] - I don’t really like [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f], I’m not sure why… maybe because it reminds me of tinsel (being so close to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] and all that)?
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - It’s not my style, but I can see the appeal. Very nice and distinctive.
[name_f]Chantilly[/name_f] - Reminds me of the topping on a desert I just made for a friend’s birthday party. Delicious to eat, not really as a name.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] - Beautiful. My favourite of them all. I think it’s really pretty and classy.
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - My second favourite. Like [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f], it’s not really my style but I do think it’s gorgeous.