Unique First Names for the Middle Name Grace?

I liked the name [name]Neveah[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but people say it is too “teen momish”, so I am looking for other suggestions. I am looking for unique/unusual first names. Any ideas? Thank you! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I definitely don’t like [name]Neveah[/name]. I think “heaven” spelled backwards is kind of cheap, and [name]Neveah[/name] isn’t even heaven spelled backwards- it’s heaven misspelled backwards. And I think the middle name [name]Grace[/name] definitely needs an interesting first name, and [name]Nevaeh[/name], the 25th most popular girl’s name in [name]America[/name], isn’t. I think some more interesting alternatives for [name]Grace[/name] as the middle are:
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Briallen[/name]
[name]Noemi[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Junia[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Isannah[/name]
[name]Damaris[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]

I agree with [name]Daisy[/name]

Some suggestions:
[name]Iselin[/name]
[name]Alyona[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Adora[/name]
Azelea/Azelia/[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Skyla[/name]
Am”lie/[name]Amelie[/name]/[name]Amalie[/name]/[name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Sonia[/name]
[name]Briella[/name]
[name]Adelina[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]/[name]Teresa[/name]

Please tell me what you think

I agree with the other two. What is it you like about the names? I’m assuming it’s important to you to keep [name]Grace[/name] because of the post title, so let’s focus on [name]Neveah[/name]. Is it the sound or the ostensible meaning that attracts you, or something else? If it’s the sound, you might like:

[name]Niamh[/name] – Pronounced Neev. I know the pronunciation is a little bewildering for non irish folk, but it is a legitimate and distinctive name that starts almost the same was as [name]Neveah[/name].
[name]Geneva[/name] nn [name]Neva[/name] – [name]Geneva[/name] is beautiful, and [name]Neva[/name] would make a nn wonderfully close the [name]Nevaeh[/name], without being tacky.
[name]Nova[/name] – very lively and modern
[name]Nieves[/name] – means snow in spanish. Pronunciation here: Pronunciations for Nieves (from San Cristóbal y Nieves to año de nieves, año de bienes)
Nevena – south slavic name meaning marigold.
[name]Maeva[/name] – french/ Polynesian name (meaning “welcome” in Tahitian) pronounced, apparently, MAH-ay-va. There is also the Irish [name]Maeve[/name] (may-ve).
[name]Veda[/name] or Vaida – [name]Indian[/name] of some nature, meaning knowledge and apparently pronounced Vay-da.

If it’s the meaning that attracts you, there are oodles of names with such divine / idyllic nature. Maybe:
[name]Ambrosia[/name] – miles from [name]Neveah[/name], and perhaps a bit too frilly, but it does mean food of the gods and I couldn’t resist.
[name]Diantha[/name] – [name]Heavenly[/name] flower
[name]Eden[/name] – fairly obvious meaning to a westerner, and has the sweet nn [name]Edie[/name].
[name]Avalon[/name] – Name of an arthurian paradise; this sounds modern, and the short form [name]Ava[/name] is very trendy.
[name]Celia[/name] or [name]Celine[/name] – from a roman male name meaning heaven
[name]Leilani[/name] – heavenly flower, this time a Hawaiian one.

[name]Nevaeh[/name] is SO trashy…please don’t use that name. [name]Grace[/name] is SO overdone. I’d try to pick something else.

I would like to start off by saying that I absolutely detest the term ‘teen mom-ish’ to describe a name. I’m going to be honest - [name]Neveah[/name] is awful. However, I am offended, as a 13 year old myself, that teens are labelled as ghastly namers. I know for a fact that my list is miles off from [name]Neveah[/name], [name]Aaliya[/name], [name]Makayla[/name] or whatever.

But that’s beside the point. These are just a few which have the same vibes, without being tacky:

[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Nevara[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Callista[/name]

[name]Grace[/name] is OK. It’s a bit overused though. If you want something similar, what about:

[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]May[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]

I hope you find something lovely for your little girl!

Please don’t use [name]Nevaeh[/name]! Babylemonade’s list was great! From it, my favourites are:
[name]Nova[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (fresh, lively, not common, but very recognizable!!)
[name]Avalon[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (more delicate than [name]Nova[/name], but still fresh & fun!)

:shock: [name]Don[/name]'t use [name]Nevaeh[/name]!!
I agree with oliviasarah, I’m a teen and I would NEVER use [name]Nevaeh[/name], and my mother was a teen mom, and she picked [name]Charlotte[/name]… so that proves that teen’s aren’t tacky, it’s just the ones you see on TV that are… :stuck_out_tongue:

Some great names for the MN [name]Grace[/name] are…

[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] (I think the double virtue thing would be great :smiley: )
[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] (love it)
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Letitia[/name]
[name]Honoria[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Raphaela[/name]

…hope I helped! (:

I also don’t like Naveah, but i [name]DO[/name] really love the idea of giving your daugther a name that shows her how much she means to you. I think calling your child [name]Heaven[/name] really shows how happy you are to have her!

I agree that these two are awesome choices:
[name]Evangeline[/name] (Sort of a heaven theme with the word “angel” in the middle
[name]Serena[/name] (very peaceful name)

You may also want to consider
[name]Angelica[/name] (again an “angel” name)
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] (the meaning is “wonderful” and nn can be [name]Mira[/name] or [name]Belle[/name])

Good luck!

[name]Beth[/name] [name]Ashley[/name]