[name_f]Marise[/name_f]
[name_f]Milani[/name_f]
[name_f]Minka[/name_f]
[name_f]Naiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Nikolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nolana[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]

I adore [name_f]Minka[/name_f]! It’s one of my favorite names and a character in my novel…because the fiancé doesn’t like it. I also like [name_f]Adara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], Isana, [name_f]Milani[/name_f], and [name_f]Nikolia[/name_f]. I knew an [name_f]Abra[/name_f] growing up and she was a brat. Everyone called her [name_f]Abra[/name_f]-Cadabra…so that association has turned me off that name, but it’s still cool and spunky. Abrana is a bit discordant to my ears. I don’t like [name_f]Nolana[/name_f] (I just don’t like names with no together I guess) or [name_f]Oona[/name_f] (has a weird sound and look). Ardra rolls off the tongue weird. [name_f]Alia[/name_f] is not unique at all, I hear it everywhere…especially my students aged 14-18. Kiersey sounds like a baby mispronouncing [name_f]Kirstie[/name_f] or [name_f]Chrissy[/name_f]…[name_f]Marise[/name_f] and [name_f]Naiara[/name_f] and [name_f]Nicia[/name_f] aren’t awful…they just don’t sound super pleasant.

The ones I love are: Isana, [name_f]Milani[/name_f], Kiersey, [name_f]Minka[/name_f], [name_f]Marise[/name_f], [name_f]Abra[/name_f]
The ones I like are: [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Nolana[/name_f] (only because it gives a perfect nn, Noly, otherwise - no), [name_f]Naiara[/name_f], [name_f]Adara[/name_f]
The ones I don’t like are: [b][name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Alia[/name_f], [name_f]Nikolia[/name_f], [name_f]Nicia[/name_f], Ardra

[/b]I think the top names are really sweet, beautiful girls names and not too common. The names I don’t like I think are too common or just too hard for a girls name.

I like:
[name_f]Adara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Marise[/name_f]
[name_f]Minka[/name_f]
[name_f]Naiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Milana[/name_f] or [name_f]Milena[/name_f] to [name_f]Milani[/name_f] and [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] to [name_f]Nikolia[/name_f].

I would caution against [name_f]Abra[/name_f] since it sounds like abracadabra.

Awesome – Thank you all for your inputs.

I’m so glad someone pointed out the abracadbra thing-- took [name_f]Abra[/name_f] and Abrana off my list.

I also had to remove [name_f]Minka[/name_f] because I realized that my sister in law’s dog’s name is [name_f]Meeka[/name_f]. Too similar.

I really like [name_f]Oona[/name_f], my partner does a little bit too – but everyone else is saying NO way! My sister in law is doing the Oo Na Na song and the [name_f]Oona[/name_f], Dos, Tres thing… i think I’m going to have to let it go :frowning:

Awesome – Thank you all for your inputs.

I’m so glad someone pointed out the abracadbra thing-- took [name_f]Abra[/name_f] and Abrana off my list.

I also had to remove [name_f]Minka[/name_f] because I realized that my sister in law’s dog’s name is [name_f]Meeka[/name_f]. Too similar.

I really like [name_f]Oona[/name_f], my partner does a little bit too – but everyone else is saying NO way! My sister in law is doing the Oo Na Na song and the [name_f]Oona[/name_f], Dos, Tres thing… i think I’m going to have to let it go :frowning:

I’m 2 months pregnant with my first, by the way! We don’t know if it’s a girl or boy yet but I’m hoping for a girl, my partner is asking me where are the lists for boy names, ha… I’ll have to get to it eventually.

I added a few more names to my list:

[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] (a combo of my and partners name. [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_u]Lee[/name_u]) - REALLY need your opinions on this one and maybe other suggestions for blending [name_m]Eric[/name_m], [name_u]Lee[/name_u], or [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] somehow)

[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Serra[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f] (changed Ardra to this… i think its better looking?)

[name_f]Naiara[/name_f] is one of my favorite names, I think it’s so beautiful, it reminds me of the sea and shimmering waves.
I also like [name_f]Adara[/name_f] (but prefer [name_f]Atara[/name_f]), [name_f]Alia[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Marise[/name_f].
And from your new choices I really like [name_f]Selah[/name_f].

[name_f]Oona[/name_f] is acdorable. I know a couple and I simply love both this spelling and the [name_f]Una[/name_f] spelling. It’s simple yet sweet and perfect for a firstborn.

[name_f]Minka[/name_f] is lovely, and I have personally considered Minke so I find it very usable.

[name_f]Marise[/name_f] and [name_f]Marisa[/name_f] are pretty common names in my family and old neighborhood (in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]). I happen to adore this name, and would consider using it myself, if it didn’t rhyme with my DD’s name. It’s a really pretty and sophisticated choice for a girl today, and my favorite of your list.

The rest are not really my style, but I don’t see any that are un-usable.

[name_f]Adara[/name_f] - simple and straightforward.
[name_f]Abra[/name_f] / Abrana - the least pretty of the bunch, and the most likely to be picked on by other parents (AbraCadabra)
[name_f]Alia[/name_f] - [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t like this alternate spelling to [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f]… but it is a reasonably pretty name, and bonus points for being short.
Ardra - Not aweful - but I know a couple boys named [name_f]Arda[/name_f] so the sound is ruined for me on girls.
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] - i don’t know any, but I know of a few girls with this name. I am sure at least two of my high school classmates (a while ago) named their daughters this. I prefer [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]… but this is pretty too.
Isana - Actually, this is quite lovely and simple. Would love to meet one.
Kiersey - NMS. I can’t like it. Sorry.
[name_f]Marise[/name_f] - commented above.
[name_f]Milani[/name_f] - Eh, nms. I don’t hate it, but it seems annoyingly hipster chic.
[name_f]Minka[/name_f] - commented above.
[name_f]Naiara[/name_f] - a little vowel-y for me, but pretty. There are better alternatives like [name_f]Naya[/name_f] and [name_u]Nima[/name_u] that I prefer.
[name_f]Nikolia[/name_f] - Never heard of this. I know [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] (a boy’s name) and I keep reading that in my head.
[name_f]Nicia[/name_f] - Hmm… sounds like an ancient Judean place name. Not aweful, but I personally see no appeal.
[name_f]Nolana[/name_f] - pretty. Looks almost Hawaiian. I wouldn’t use it myself, but I love the sound and the balance of vowels to consonants. I hope this is after the flower and not just adding an -a on [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]… because that would be repelling a bit.
[name_f]Oona[/name_f] - commented above. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it.

I like [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] a lot, and it is entering mainstream use - so It shouldn’t pose a realistic problem if you decide to use it. Plus - it’s got sweet imagery and a good connection though your names.

Some other names with the letters in [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_u]Lee[/name_u]:
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], [name_f]Marielle[/name_f], etc… these all have “RI” and “[name_m]LE[/name_m]” for your names.
Erlea (a real name, meaning “little bee”). Pronounced like early.

I really like oona, naiara, eliana and [name_f]Alia[/name_f]