Unique middle names

My baby girl is due 1-3-11,I like [name]Persephone[/name],but my husband likes [name]Priscilla[/name].Last name is [name]Hunt[/name], I’m looking for a unique middle name that can go with either one.[name]How[/name] does [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Snow[/name] [name]Hunt[/name] sound? Or [name]Priscilla[/name] Elinka [name]Hunt[/name]? Any advice?

I like [name]Snow[/name] much better than Elinka personally. But I think something else might sound even better; “[name]Snow[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]” sounds a little abrupt to me. [name]How[/name] about [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Rain[/name]? [name]Faye[/name]? [name]Mae[/name]? [name]Niamh[/name]? [name]Pearl[/name]? [name]Saoirse[/name]? Akiko? (interestingly I believe this means white as snow) [name]Pia[/name]? [name]Anona[/name]? [name]Acacia[/name]? Kalika? [name]Juniper[/name]? [name]Anastasia[/name]? [name]Anatolia[/name]? Okay that’s just what came off the top of my head, I don’t really know what you would like!
~ fuzzycub (:

Also, I like [name]Persephone[/name] better thab [name]Priscilla[/name], although [name]Priscilla[/name] [name]Thisbe[/name] [name]Hunt[/name] just popped into my head and that seems kinda cool.

I really prefer [name]Persephone[/name] to [name]Priscilla[/name]. With [name]Priscilla[/name], I can’t get past the “priss” sound–and (though this may just be me), the look of the name when it’s written also reminds me of penicillin.

I don’t really like [name]Snow[/name] with your surname. Something about the fact that both [name]Snow[/name] and [name]Hunt[/name] are word-names throws me off.

Other ideas:

[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Avalon[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Ismay[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Vera[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Gillian[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Harper[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Rhea[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Arden[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Una[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Petra[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Linden[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Orla[/name] [name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Hunt[/name] (still sort of two word names, but this one doesn’t bother me)
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] [name]Hunt[/name] (ditto)

I sort of dislike [name]Priscilla[/name], it at once sounds prissy (har har) and like a Disney villain.

On the other hand, I sort of love [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Snow[/name] :slight_smile:

I actually have [name]Priscilla[/name] [name]Snow[/name] on my long list. It was once at the top…but that’s a longggg story. Anyway, I love the name [name]Priscilla[/name], and I think it will be easier for other to pronounce. I LOVEEE the nn [name]Prissy[/name] as well. I’m sorry, but there i nothing wrong with being prissy imo.

To me, “prissy” is a negative/derogatory version of “elegant.” I’ve only ever heard it used with a negative connotation.

To me, “prissy” is a negative/derogatory version of “elegant.” I’ve only ever heard it used with a negative connotation.[/quote]

I think of a cute feminine southern belle. I don’t think it is a negative version of elegant at all. I think of a woman with confidence actually. She’s smart, well rounded and makes heads turn as she walks into a room. She’s also very girly.

Thanks this really helps alot and FYI i would try to have her NN be Pria (Pre-A) instead of [name]Prissy[/name].

To me, “prissy” is a negative/derogatory version of “elegant.” I’ve only ever heard it used with a negative connotation.[/quote]

I think of a cute feminine southern belle. I don’t think it is a negative version of elegant at all. I think of a woman with confidence actually. She’s smart, well rounded and makes heads turn as she walks into a room. She’s also very girly.[/quote]
Everyone’s experience is different. :expressionless:

http://www.google.com/dictionary?q=prissy&langpair=en|en&hl=en&sa=X&ei=K1EFTYuMDoeosQPP-czxBg&ved=0CBkQmwMoAA

pris”sy Adjective /?pris?/

(of a person or their manner) Fussily and excessively respectable
“her prissy mother”

(of clothes) Overadorned with details such as ruffles and bows
“prissy little dresses”

excessively prim, proper, particular or fussy

priggish (A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.)

prim, prissy, prudish, puritanical, square-toed, straitlaced, strait-laced, victorian (exaggeratedly proper), excessively fastidious and easily disgusted