Unique Names for Sextuplets - What do You Think?

I watched a TLC show last night about a couple having sextuplets and the names are [name_u]Blu[/name_u] (b), Tag (b), Layke (b), [name_m]Rawlings[/name_m] (g), [name_f]Rayne[/name_f] (g) and [name_m]Rivers/name_m. They already have three boys - [name_u]Saylor[/name_u], [name_m]Bridge[/name_m] and [name_m]Wales[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering what you all think of these unique names?

My thoughts:
[name_u]Saylor[/name_u] - ok
[name_m]Bridge[/name_m] - prefer Bridges
[name_m]Wales[/name_m] - conflicted feelings on this
[name_u]Blu[/name_u] - not a fan
Tag - no
Layke - better for a girl imo
[name_m]Rawlings[/name_m] - kind of like this one but would never use it
[name_f]Rayne[/name_f] - okay
[name_m]Rivers[/name_m] - meh

Sorry if this is the wrong forum or has already been discussed.

I really like [name_m]Rivers[/name_m] on a girl. I know of a teenager with the name and it fits her really well. I’m really meh about the other names. They definitely walk the line of refreshingly eclectic and just plain weird.

i do like how they all match in a way but it is probably too matchy for me… i also looove unisex names on girls but prefer Layke for a girl especially with the ‘y’.

here is what mine would look like (following the same genders):

DS: [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
DS: [name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
DS: [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]

sextuplets:
DS: [name_m]Byron[/name_m] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
DS: [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Kellan[/name_m]
DS: [name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
DD: [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
DD: [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
DD: [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_u]Ever[/name_u]

• [name_u]Van[/name_u] - [name_m]Ax[/name_m] - [name_m]Seb[/name_m] - [name_m]Byron[/name_m]/[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] - [name_m]Shep[/name_m] - [name_f]East[/name_f] - [name_m]Fletch[/name_m] - [name_f]Loa[/name_f] - [name_f]Adrie[/name_f] -

here’s my thoughts

[name_u]Saylor[/name_u] - if you’re gonna name your kid something this lame and hipsterish, SPELL IT RIGHT
[name_m]Bridge[/name_m] - i think they must’ve just picked a random noun for this one
[name_m]Wales[/name_m] - one of them probably said to the other, “honey, y’know what’s SUPER cool??? place names!! but let’s name our spawn after a country nobody gives a shit about because we’re edgy and original like that”
[name_u]Blu[/name_u] - SPELL IT RIGHT YOU COWARDS. also better for a girl :slight_smile:
Tag - why do they hate their child
Layke - why would they do this??? it’s like the pick a random noun thing but they made it worse by spelling it wrong!
[name_m]Rawlings[/name_m] - SICKENING…
[name_f]Rayne[/name_f] - hipsterrrr
[name_m]Rivers[/name_m] - good lord

Sorry for my saltiness but this shit pisses me off because a) these people are from my state and b) YOU HAVE A ONE IN A MILLION [name_m]CHANCE[/name_m] OF GETTING SEXTUPLETS AND YOU NAME [name_f]EM[/name_f] THIS SHIT???

My thoughts:
[name_u]Saylor[/name_u]- Not my style but do prefer the spelling [name_u]Sailor[/name_u].
[name_m]Bridge[/name_m]- It’s okay but prefer [name_m]Bridger[/name_m]
[name_m]Wales[/name_m]- Not fond of it.
[name_u]Blu[/name_u]- A colour name I do not like.
Tag- Cute as a nickname for [name_m]Taggart[/name_m].
Layke- I like it on either gender but prefer the spelling [name_u]Lake[/name_u].
[name_m]Rawlings[/name_m]- I’ve played baseball for way too many years that all I can think of is a baseball mitt. Not a fan, especially for a girl!
[name_f]Rayne[/name_f]- I do love this name.
[name_m]Rivers[/name_m]- I prefer just [name_u]River[/name_u] but [name_m]Rivers[/name_m] is cute as well. I do however, like the name only for a boy

There are some… strong opinions on this post. Maybe too strong for real life, living children. I think calling existing children’s names ‘shit’ is inappropriate, but maybe that’s just me.

None of them are offensive, and while the spellings are off in places and some would be better as a nickname, they aren’t completely horrific.

ETA: I think the fact they are sextuplets makes them more shocking. If I heard of a single child called [name_m]Rivers[/name_m] or Tag, I probably woudn’t think twice about it. But hearing them together makes the uniqueness of them a little more obvious. I don’t think they’re as bad as they initially seem to be. People think my children’s names are awful but they make me happy, so I don’t care. And I’m sure these names make their parents happy.

[name_u]Saylor[/name_u] - No.
[name_m]Bridge[/name_m] - No.
[name_m]Wales[/name_m] - No. [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] if they’re plus size and kids bully them with “whale.”
[name_u]Blu[/name_u] - It’s pretty on a girl if you spell it right.
Tag - This is an actual name?
Layke - I’m thinking of latkes because of the spelling.
[name_m]Rawlings[/name_m] - Raw wings.
[name_f]Rayne[/name_f] - Hate it.
[name_m]Rivers[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u], hate [name_m]Rivers[/name_m]. Probably the most decent out of the 9.

Out of the thousands of beautiful names in the world why would you burden your child with something like “[name_m]Rawlings[/name_m]?”

1 Like

[name_u]Saylor[/name_u]: I prefer [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], because [name_u]Saylor[/name_u] just seems like a misspelling of [name_u]Taylor[/name_u].
[name_m]Bridge[/name_m]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] no. It’s like naming your kid ‘Chair’ or ‘Table’.
[name_m]Wales[/name_m]: I kinda like this but it reminds me of whales.
Tag: No. Too similar to hashtag.
Layke: The ‘y’ makes it seem like a girls name.
[name_m]Rawlings[/name_m]: I really don’t like this.
[name_f]Rayne[/name_f]: I used to love this name but I don’t like it anymore for some reason.
[name_m]Rivers[/name_m]: Why name your kid [name_m]Rivers[/name_m] if you could just name them [name_u]River[/name_u] which is a pretty cool name?

Why in the world would you name your kid these awful names. I’m so sorry if I offend anyone but I just can’t wrap my head around these names.

I don’t care for any of their names. The only name that’s all right is [name_f]Rayne[/name_f], but I prefer [name_u]Rain[/name_u].