Unisex/Gender Neutral Name for little Sister

21 weeks and expecting another little girl. [name_f]Sister[/name_f]'s name is [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Brienne[/name_f] ([name_u]Doctor[/name_u] Who and Game of Throne references).

Looking for a gender neutral name with a more feminine middle name. Husband and I are super into 2 syllable first names. Nerdy/Geek/Superhero names are a plus but not unique spellings. I’m a personal fan of surnames as first names but haven’t found one I liked. Here are some names we like but aren’t sold on:

First Names
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisey[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]

Middle Names
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Clarke[/name_u]

Suggestions?? Thanks in advance :blush:

1 Like

Wentworth
[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]
[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]

Brynn
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_m]York[/name_m]

P.S. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the middle name [name_u]Clarke[/name_u]! Is that a Survivor reference?

1 Like

[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Finnley[/name_u]

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
Reya
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u]
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_u]Clarke[/name_u] was actually a reference to both [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Kent[/name_m] (Superman) and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_u]Clarke[/name_u] ([name_f]Daenerys[/name_f] Targaryen GOT) :joy: Although I love the Survivor.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I particularly like [name_u]Rory[/name_u] but wonder if the [name_u]Doctor[/name_u] Who reference is too strong. :joy:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband not so much. Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] is my favorite movie but I can’t get him on board😔

1 Like

The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] has the best names! [name_f]Liesl[/name_f], [name_u]Maria[/name_u], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_m]Kurt[/name_m], [name_f]Gretel[/name_f], and the list goes on!

2 Likes

I didn’t think of [name_f]Liesl[/name_f]!! Now I’m adding it to the list!

1 Like

Zelda
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Yara[/name_f]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Rocket[/name_u]
[name_u]Pepper[/name_u]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretel[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_u]Hero[/name_u]

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] because we’re [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] fans. Would that be too far fetched as an adult?

I like it too! I think it would work fine as an adult. Definitely peppy and quirky though! :slight_smile: Maybe as a middle if you’re hesitant?

Lex/Lexi ([name_u]Lex[/name_u] [name_m]Luthor[/name_m])
[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]/Cain (Batgirl)
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Ronnie[/name_u]/Ray (Firestorm)
[name_u]Scottie[/name_u] ([name_u]Green[/name_u] Lantern)
[name_u]Lane[/name_u] ([name_f]Lois[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u])
[name_m]Olsen[/name_m] ([name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] [name_m]Olsen[/name_m])

3 Likes

Lexi is cute. I also like [name_u]Lane[/name_u].

I also thought of these three : )

Stevie ([name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_u]America[/name_u])
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]/Holland (Spiderman)

And I love [name_u]Clarke[/name_u] for a middle or first : )

3 Likes

I love both [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband associated [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] with [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_u]Nick[/name_u]’s and now I can’t unsee it. I’ll definitely add both to my list. I love [name_u]Clarke[/name_u] as a middle name. I just need a first to pair it with.

:joy: I didn’t even think of the [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_u]Nick[/name_u]'s association but maybe it could be a nickname for something. Let me know if you want anymore name suggestions because I looked through my DC encyclopedia for ideas. ( [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] more names from less know characters in there as well) :slight_smile:

We talked about [name_u]Rogue[/name_u] for a while but my husband and I plus our daughter all have two syllables and it sounds weird with a single syllable name. Our last name is [name_m]Williamson[/name_m] if that helps. I’m always looking for Superhero names and variations.

Thoughts on Danvers? I’m not a fan of [name_f]Carol[/name_f] but love [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_f]Marvel[/name_f].

I actually like Danvers as a name (It could also be in reference to [name_f]Kara[/name_f] Danvers rather than [name_f]Carol[/name_f])

I’ll post a few more names as well : )

1 Like

Nicky ([name_u]Nick[/name_u] Fury)
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]/Miriam/Jessie (Spider Woman)
[name_u]Grey[/name_u] ([name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u])
[name_f]Sable[/name_f]/Nova ([name_u]Silver[/name_u] Sablinova)
[name_u]Max[/name_u] ([name_f]Wanda[/name_f] Maximoff)
[name_f]Tula[/name_f] (Aquagirl)
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]/Aero (Arrowette,[name_u]Green[/name_u] [name_u]Arrow[/name_u])
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] (Arsenal)
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m] ([name_m]Black[/name_m] Lightning)
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] ([name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] [name_m]Jr[/name_m].)
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]/Billy ([name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_f]Marvel[/name_f])(The original)
[name_f]Crimson[/name_f] ([name_f]Crimson[/name_f] Avenger)
[name_f]Vickie[/name_f]/Stone (Cyborg) ([name_m]Silas[/name_m]/Cyrus) has the [name_m]Cy[/name_m]
[name_m]Nelson[/name_m] ([name_u]Doctor[/name_u] [name_m]Fate[/name_m])
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] ([name_u]Doctor[/name_u] Polaris)
[name_m]Parson[/name_m] ([name_u]Golden[/name_u] [name_u]Arrow[/name_u])
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u] ([name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_f]Queen[/name_f])
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]/Hayden ([name_f]Jade[/name_f])
[name_f]Trixie[/name_f] (Trickster)

1 Like

I’ll have to show my husband this list. I love [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as a middle name.

I didn’t think of [name_u]Max[/name_u] being associated with [name_f]Wanda[/name_f].

1 Like

Glad to help. Plus [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Grey[/name_u] have so many longer versions that could work as well : )

If you need anymore ideas feel free to ask…
I might not reply until the morning though.

2 Likes