unisex names gone too far!

I was just reading the vital statistics name page for my province (in [name]Canada[/name]) and I wouldnt believe it when I saw the following…

21 girls named [name]Jayden[/name] (a few diff spellings but same name)
5 named [name]Luca[/name]
10 named parker
5 named [name]Sawyer[/name]
8 named [name]Tyler[/name]

But the worst i saw was that 5 poor little baby girls were names [name]HUNTER[/name]!!!

WDYT of these BOY names on little girls?

Ick. I’ve known a little girl named [name]Hunter[/name]. It’s not feminine at all.

Uhm they’re fine. You’re overreacting, in my opinion.

[name]Jayden[/name] - is very popular for girls and perfectly fine on a girl
[name]Luca[/name] - I only like this on a girl, way too feminine for a boy
[name]Parker[/name] - better on a boy
[name]Sawyer[/name] - better on a boy
[name]Hunter[/name] - boy
[name]Tyler[/name] - boy

but none of them are horrible.

I just posted about this earlier. I [name]LOVE[/name] unisex names, or names that are traditionally boys that work on girls. [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name] I think are two that work really well on both. They aren’t di-masculated at all and still make great boys names.

I also love [name]Owen[/name], [name]Winslow[/name], and [name]Ryan[/name].

I even met a woman named [name]Bruce[/name] once! That might even be a little far for me but she was CEO of the company!

Most of these names I prefer for boys but I have met a female [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Luca[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name]. [name]Hunter[/name] is way too masculine for a girl [name]IMO[/name].

I don’t like them on girls at all, personally, but they don’t really phase me anymore. I saw some more obscure SSA statistics that there were like, 5 girls named [name]Oscar[/name] one year. After that [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Jayden[/name], and such don’t really phase me, lol.

[name]Jayden[/name] I think seems very unisex to me, [name]Luca[/name] has a feminie sound and is a lot like the femine names ([name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lucia[/name]) I’ve heard of a few [name]Sawyer[/name]'s used on girls since it was a baby name on [name]One[/name] Tree [name]Hill[/name]. [name]Parker[/name] is better on a boy, but it’s not horrible. [name]Tyler[/name] will always be all boy too me, too classic to switch over.

[name]Hunter[/name] is awful for a girl, [name]IMO[/name], I will agree there. But all in all, I was expecting a much more horrifying list.

I do hate the name [name]Jayden[/name], on either sex. To me it is more feminine than masculine actually though…

I love love love [name]Luca[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Tyler[/name] and [name]Parker[/name] on girls! I would only use [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name] as middle names more than likely. I think on boys [name]Tyler[/name] is nothing special but on a girl it’s fresh. I like [name]Luca[/name], and [name]Parker[/name] is a good girls name in my opinion.

Definitely not a fan of [name]Hunter[/name] on either sex either.

I was expecting a much crazier list. [name]James[/name] is being used on a girl now often, I think that’s a little strange though it does have the soft a.
Masculine names like [name]George[/name], [name]Bruce[/name], [name]Greg[/name], [name]Kent[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]Alan[/name], would be bad. Surname and unisex names used on girls is not bad!

I agree with what people are saying… [name]Jayden[/name] and [name]Luca[/name] not horrible… but the big one was [name]Hunter[/name]! I couldnt beleve it!

To be honest I always thought [name]Luca[/name] was a girls name, because of the [name]Suzanne[/name] [name]Vega[/name] song. I mean it’s sung by a girl, so I thought it was about a girl… turns out it’s about a boy but growing up I didn’t know that bit.

So in my mind that works on both. But the others do feel like boys names to me.

These are AWFUL except [name]Jayden[/name]-I just don’t like that name period, be it for a girl or a boy. [name]Luca[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Parker[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name] are not feminine in the least, especially [name]Luca[/name]!

Generally, if I love the sound of a name, particularly a surname or trade name, I like it for boy or girl.

I was also expecting much worse.

[name]Jayden[/name] - don’t mind. I actually know more girl Jaydens than boy Jaydens.
[name]Luca[/name] - also don’t really mind. I know it’s a boys name, and I probably wouldn’t use for a girl but just sounds femme to me.
[name]Parker[/name] - definitely a boy name, but not the craziest “unisex” name in the world
[name]Sawyer[/name] - I’ve also only met girl Sawyers so to me this is a girl name.
[name]Hunter[/name] & [name]Tyler[/name] - both definite boy names, but they could’ve been worse.

I’ve heard of some much worse boys names on little girls. Like -[name]Bruce[/name], [name]Gary[/name], [name]Howard[/name], [name]Douglas[/name], [name]Kyle[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Heath[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], etc.
So, in comparison [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Parker[/name] are actually quite mild!!

I’m slightly annoyed with the idea that just because a name ends in a vowel sound that it’s feminine. [name]Luca[/name] is the Italian form of [name]Luke[/name]. [name]Luke[/name] is not a feminine name. Personally I find [name]Luca[/name] on a girl to be culturally ignorant.

Yuck. I don’t like any of them on a girl personally. Funny thing is my friend considers [name]Jayden[/name] a girl’s name because she only knows girls with the name. Guess she doesn’t pay attention to the SSA list at all since it’s a top 10 boy’s name and it comes from [name]Jadon[/name], a biblical name.

I hate a large majority of boy names on girls. [name]Just[/name]… no. sigh

I adore [name]Hunter[/name] on a girl. As it’s a word name it can go for either.

[name]Sawyer[/name], and [name]Luca[/name] are cute too. I also adore [name]Parker[/name] on girl

I don’t see the problem with [name]Hunter[/name] for a girl. Girls can hunt. It is a word name, and not particularly traditional as a first name for boys, either. I know quite a few girl [name]Harpers[/name] and what’s the difference?

Far more irritating to me personally is using names that specifically mean “son of” for girls, but that doesn’t seem to stop anyone from using [name]Emmerson[/name] and [name]Addison[/name] for girls. I just personally can’t see the appeal. [name]Madison[/name] is incredibly popular but personally I’d rather use [name]Hunter[/name].

Okay, I tell a lie, I wouldn’t really use either, but why is [name]Hunter[/name] some big line in the sand for can’t be used for girls? I don’t get it.

[name]Love[/name] unisex names for girls…especially. if they can have a more feminine nn…like
[name]Ty[/name] for [name]Tyler[/name] or [name]Ella[/name] for [name]Elliot[/name]. Met a little girl named [name]Evan[/name] as a twist on her grandmas name [name]Ann[/name]. Loved it!
Really don’t see a problem with it!

I know most Berries hate boy names on girls, or unisex names, but I really support it in principle. There are too many girl names that I love for me to personally use boy names, but I think it’s a little offensive to insist that boy and girl names cannot mix. That being said, I did meet a little girl named [name]Derrik[/name] recently, and it was jarring everytime I heard her name