Unisex names outdated for girls, but PERFECT for boys???

delete

Please note that I am not trying to offend anyone who has chosen any of the names below for their baby girl. I like all of these names, but I am an “80s baby” so I know tons of girls with these names. It would be nice to see these names on guys since they have become too popular on baby girls.

Probably the most likely way that these kinds of names will turn back to the boys is by attrition - the names become dated and fall in popularity on the girl’s side and the gender ratio gets closer (or in some cases reverses) again since they don’t have the same dated feel for boys. It’s already happening (verifiable thanks to the SSA’s extended lists now available) with names such as [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Kerry[/name], [name]Robin[/name], and [name]Shannon[/name]. Probably the toughest ones to reclaim for the boys are those which got very popular for girls but never got a close gender ratio at the same time (examples being [name]Ashley[/name] and [name]Madison[/name]). Many newer names to the unisex realm are holding out for boys more than in the past, with names like [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Riley[/name] dropping only slightly if at all for boys while also being used for girls. I think it’s the sign of the new generation - slowly but surely becoming more comfortable with androgyny in males.

As a female ‘[name]Leslie[/name]’ myself (with my middle name being ‘[name]Dana[/name]’), I cringe when I hear any boy named ‘[name]Leslie[/name]’. It seems far too feminine to me for a boy. [name]Lindsay[/name]/[name]Lindsey[/name] as well!!
[name]Dana[/name] does have the more feminine ‘a’ ending, so that is also something to consider…
In regards to the name ‘[name]Ashley[/name]’, I think it was very overused for girls and might be able to make a successful comeback for boys. I sort of like it for a boy, actually!
‘[name]Taylor[/name]’ is one unisex name I wish would float back over more to the boy’s side again.
It seems I’m always hearing it for girls anymore, but I have always liked it for a boy!!!

Also, I really like ‘[name]Avery[/name]’ better for a boy, as well as ‘[name]Alexis[/name]’ (my paternal great-grandfather’s first name).

I want to see [name]Robin[/name], [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Channing[/name] and [name]Ashley[/name] to return to the all male side of things!