Unobjectionable Names

I was thinking about names that most people generally view favorably or don’t object to, names that most families could find favor with. Maybe we should make a list?

[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Nate[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]

What do you think? Are these unobjectionable? Please add more!

[name]Margaret[/name] - I think people would say this was more old fashioned.
[name]Harper[/name] - A little modern and unusual (for the UK anyway)

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Nate[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
All would be considered quite camp where I come from

Yes, I was realizing that about [name]Margaret[/name] as I posted. Perhaps [name]Anna[/name] would have been a better choice. And, I think [name]Harper[/name] is one of the most tame of the unisex names.

What does “camp” mean?

Yes, I was realizing that about [name]Margaret[/name] as I posted. Perhaps [name]Anna[/name] would have been a better choice. And, I think [name]Harper[/name] is one of the most tame of the unisex names.

What does “camp” mean?[/quote]
[name]Anna[/name], laura, lucy, charlotte, samantha, jane - all quite familiar names that no one seems to have a problem with.

Camp means not very masculine. It’s usually associated with gay men who are rather effeminate. [name]Bennett[/name] could become [name]Ben[/name] which would be ok but kids called [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carson[/name] would pretty much get made fun of for being girly by other boys and having names that were too fancy and not strong enough.

I think that, while this is a good idea, there will never be a name that EVERYONE likes. There are many names on your list that I really dislike, and I’m sure that others will dislike any suggestions that I would make.

There’s no such thing as a completely unobjectionable name because everyone has different taste, and likes different things.

Yes, it is true there is obviously no one name that everyone likes. Everyone has different taste - that is what makes things interesting!

Yeah, [name]Jane[/name] is a good one! (And, I don’t personally like all the names on this list, either…)