Unpopular Name Opinions:

Hi everyone!!! Post your unpopular name opinions below!

For me, I really can’t get on board with the name [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], or [name_f]Candice[/name_f]!!! I know so many people love those names right now, but they seem too old for me…

1 Like

I have a near-embarrassing amount of these, so I’ll try to stick with the ones I think are likely to be least popular on Nameberry. Absolutely no offense meant to anyone who’s a fan of these names!

I can’t seem to get on board with the following:

Girls

• Daisy
  • Violet (I just hear “violent…” it’s a me problem)
  • Maud
  • Hazel
  • Clementine

Boys

• Silas
  • August
  • Arlo
  • Otis
  • Most boys names ending in -a ([name_u]Ira[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u])
2 Likes

Popular Names I Hate:

• Charlotte
  • Hazel
  • Adelaide
  • Bryony
  • Bellamy

A lot of these names are just a bit too white for me if that makes sense, as someone from a different culture I just have strong associate with the whole “white name trend” mean no harm of course I think it’s generally just cultural difference

Also really have the leigh trend! I think a name sounds feminine without needing to add leigh as that’s more tacky for me!

4 Likes

We have a very popular thread called “Hot Takes” that serves the same purpose! To avoid posting near duplicate discussions, you might consider moving the conversation over to this thread:

8 Likes

I dont like:
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

I just don’t get it.

I don’t like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

3 Likes

I don’t get the hype of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], any variation of [name_f]Lily[/name_f], made up names, and any name that ends in [name_u]Lyn[/name_u]/Lynn or [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]/Lee.

Bellamy or [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] on a boy, I’m not sure why but I just don’t get the appeal.

1 Like