Unpopular opinions

I feel like the title is pretty self explanatory so I will cut it short and just say they can be about anything!

Evander, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] are not names I understand the hype for. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t get me wrong, I think some berries can pair them with another name that could work with it, but in general, I really don’t care for them. (Sorry, everyone :frowning: )

1 Like

I hate it when people give their daughters traditional boys names. (Example: [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]).
I really do not like the name [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but I can’t quite put my finger on why. (Except for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]- a girl with that name bullied me in elementary school and junior high.)

2 Likes

Oof, that hit me right in the heart!!! :scream::skull:
But you are entitled to your opinion though :slight_smile:

1 Like

@allroundthesun Don’t apologize! Everyone has their own preferences :slight_smile:

I am a diehard crazy fan of Harry Potter, but the Percy Jackson series never appealed to me…which I know a lot of people love!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your [name_u]December[/name_u] baby by the way!!! :tada::smiley:

1 Like

I agree [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] sucks!

Which everyone I know will be appalled at me saying because everyone I know loves [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]

4 Likes

I hate the name [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] too!

I don’t find Anime interesting in the slightest. I’ve tried several times but the cut aways, fades, the way they run… it’s just not for me.

7 Likes

I really dislike cartoons. They all seem to have underlying violence and as a kid they always scared me. Especially adult cartoons like [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_u]Park[/name_u]. I just don’t see the appeal. Sorry to any fans. :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you! It had to be said and you did!

1 Like

There is a thread, somewhere in here, where many fans have shared what they would have wanted to happen in [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], and dark hearted, small person me whated to write “I wish the author had stuck to the (obvious) initial plan to write a children’s episodic series, of self-contained tales based on charming world building. Instead of attempting and failing at writing an anti-racist manifesto of wizard Nazis against the WASPiest kids that ever WASPed”… but that was mean, disrespectful and nasty.

I dislike the series with a peculiar depth because I read them all along with my oldest son, as I do with everything the children read. A Series of Unfortunate Events? Downed them, His Dark Materials? Done, [name_m]Captain[/name_m] Underpaints? Of course. We like to talk to the children about the books they pick, to nurture their interest in literature and keep them engaged. [name_m]Reading[/name_m] [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]? Nope, I called it quits in book four. After that I just watched the movies and pretended to follow along for DS. I was found out.

2 Likes

Omg Me too!!

1 Like

I despise BTS and most K pop. It is SO overrated!!

3 Likes

@12queen Me reading this while having Namjoon from BTS as my profile picture like :flushed:
In all seriousness, everyone is entitled to their opinion so no worries!

1 Like

People ask if I’m a cat or dog person. Neither. I’m not a pet person.

2 Likes

my unpopular opinion in general is that I find 95% of movies totally boring to start and not worth my time :grin: I can’t sit through most of them and there must be a very intriguing plot for me to even consider it… there’s just other ways I would rather spend 2 hours of my day. Woops lol

I’m more open to shows because they move faster and can keep my attention. right now I’m watching Ratched and it’s amazing!

for names, I have a few unpop opinions, but one is that I find [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] very very boring (but pretty) (not sure if that’s unpopular or not)

2 Likes

Love the theory of the books, but I agree with the writing style and underdevelopment.

2 Likes

Same. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t stand it.

1 Like

I can’t stand anime. A lot of the people I know who like anime appropriate [name_u]East[/name_u] [name_f]Asian[/name_f] cultures and have absolutely no motivation because of it, so it’s had a bad impact on my associations with it.

6 Likes