Unsure which direction to go *warning* possible overthinking

I’m expecting my 5th baby next summer. My older children are [name]Paul[/name] [name]Stephen[/name], [name]Clare[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Mark[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], and [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. (If we have a girl she will most likely be [name]Theresa[/name]/[name]Teresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name]) Our top boys names are:

[name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name] ([name]Eli[/name])
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] or [name]Jude[/name] [name]Elias[/name]

[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] ([name]Nick[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] or [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Elias[/name] ([name]Ben[/name]/[name]Benny[/name]).

I feel that [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] are sylistically similar to each other but perhaps too different from [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Mark[/name]. [name]Nick[/name] and [name]Ben[/name] are much closer style wise to my other boys’ names. But I think we like [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] better. [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] are both Biblical names so I’m hoping that it would make them fit. (I’m set on including either [name]Elias[/name] or [name]Lawrence[/name] in the next boys name for my dad’s sake). So would an [name]Eli[/name] or [name]Jude[/name] (or both as we’re hoping for more children) fit with my set? I really appreciate feedback!

I wouldn’t go with another one-syllable first name. If you do, [name]Katharine[/name] will be the only one that doesn’t have a one-syllable name.

Honestly, I like [name]Nicholas[/name] the most. It’s one of those names that had a burst of popularity and has now cooled off enough to be appreciated for what it always was: a classic name with positive associations and a lovable nickname. [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] do indeed sound “fresher” at the moment, but after all the names have worn equally, I think [name]Nick[/name] will be the name still standing.

Well there is that. Although [name]Katharine[/name] never goes by her full name but by [name]Kate[/name], [name]Katie[/name], or [name]Kit[/name] [name]Kat[/name]. But she’s only 2 so maybe she’ll go by [name]Katharine[/name] at some point. It’s definately worth considering but since this won’t be our last baby I’m willing for [name]Katharine[/name] to be the only longer name for awhile longer if we want to go with [name]Jude[/name]. [name]Katharine[/name] would have been [name]Jude[/name] if she was a boy.

Yes, stylistically it will fit. The one syllable thing is not relevant in my eyes. I think [name]Eli[/name] or [name]Jude[/name] is perfect. And I think they flow well with the rest of the family.
More importantly if you do pick [name]Eli[/name] or [name]Jude[/name] and then go on to have more boys, I think you should stick to the bibilical theme especially if you are a practicing religious family, (which it sound like you are) so that none of the boys will feel left out of theme.

Awesome. We’re really liking [name]Elias[/name]. I just didn’t want to create an odd sibset. No problem using Biblical names for future boys - I love Biblical boys names!