Unusual Name For Third Daughter

I’m expecting my third daughter and have no clue what to name her except I found an unexpected name yesterday on vacation. Our last name is [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] two daughters are

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Lively[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] &
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I wanted to name our third [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] but my best friend named her daughter [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

We’re on vacation and drove past a construction company called Cardella. What do you all think of Cardella?

I’ve never heard of this before. I really like it. Does it fit with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]? What is a middle name suggestion you have?

Part of me feels like it doesn’t fit but then again it does. In one way it feels to “hard” to go with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f].

I think Cardella is beautiful, it’s unique but feels familiar. it would go nicely with your other daughters names.

Cardella is interesting, I don’t know much about it. I like the idea of something with [name_f]Della[/name_f] or [name_f]Delia[/name_f] in it with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] a lot! I did a little research and apparently Cardella is an Italian surname, because of that it doesn’t feel like the best stylistic match for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] but it does have an appealing sound. What about these similar sounding names?

[name_f]Adela[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Carmella[/name_f]
[name_f]Gisella[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] (or just Caroline?)
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] (probably too close for comfort to [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], though, I suppose)
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f]

I also am rather fond of Capella… but I don’t know that it’s actually a name. lol. I did think of [name_f]Capella[/name_f] when I saw your Cardella!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] thought you might like some more options outside of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and Cardella. :slight_smile:

Tbh I’m not fond of Cardella as a first name and I don’t think it particularly goes with your other daughters’ names. [name_f]My[/name_f] brain changed it to ‘Car Dealer’ and now I can’t unsee it!

I think with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] another 3-5 syllable classic would be best. How about:

[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] / [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Regina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]

Cardella is intriguing - I think it could work - unexpected, but feels familiar?

Middles:

Cardella [name_u]Ivy[/name_u]
Cardella [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
Cardella [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
Cardella [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
Cardella [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
Cardella [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
Cardella [name_f]Aimee[/name_f]

Congrats on your 3rd! :slight_smile:

Your daughters’ names are absolutely lovely! [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] would have been a great fit with them… too bad it’s already been claimed.

I’m not too keen on Cardella, unfortunately. It feels kind of mismatched with the classic [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] & [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], and also sounds more like a surname. I also agree with your assessment that it sounds a bit “hard” compared to the others.

I’m seconding previous suggestions of [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], & [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], all of which are lovely. [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] would be pretty, too!

How about [name_f]Coraline[/name_f]? It has the same beginning as [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], plus the 3-syllable length with “n” sound at the end matches your other girls’ names. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] would fit nicely as well!

Sounds like cartel. No good :frowning:

Oh I just adore your girl’s names!! How beautiful! And congratulations on your third girlie! :heartpulse:

I’ve never heard of the name Cardella before and it’s really nice!
I have to say that I wouldn’t expect a Cardella to have sisters [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] but to me, sibling name cohesiveness isn’t important. When they grow up, it won’t matter at all really!

Here are some middles I’d pair with Cardella…
Cardella [name_u]Moon[/name_u]
Cardella [name_u]June[/name_u]
Cardella [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
Cardella [name_u]Vision[/name_u]
Cardella [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
Cardella [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
Cardella [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
Cardella [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

For more ideas, I love for you…
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Annella[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f] or [name_f]Louella[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

Best of luck in finding the perfect name for your little girl, I hope I’ve helped! :heartpulse::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I just want to to know that it is also the name of a Waste Management company…so I maybe wouldn’t for that fact.

Try:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Nanette[/name_f]
[name_f]Marietta[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]

Hopefully these help :slight_smile: