Unusual names you love?

I read “The [name]Nanny[/name] Diaries” and fell in love with the names Grayer and [name]Nan[/name]. I think they’re so cute! I was searching O names for a site and the name “Orobella” came up! What a perfect sub. for [name]Isabella[/name].

[name]How[/name] about yours?
Opinons on mine?

I like the name [name]Kemuel[/name].

I like the name [name]Morning[/name].

Girls:
Artemisa
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Violette[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
Gerogiana (george-jane-uh)
[name]Circe[/name] (sare-see)
[name]Gretel[/name]
[name]Ianthe[/name] (eye-anne-thee)
[name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Fritzi[/name]

Boys:
[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Bear[/name]
[name]Kingsley[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]

Some of these probably aren’t as unusual as I think, I’ve just heard of few people (children or adults) with these names. :slight_smile:

for girls:
[name]Saoirse[/name] (seer-sha, even though it’s really sar-sha)
[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Schuyler[/name] (sky-ler)
[name]Aspen[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Avis[/name]

for boys:
[name]Kenyon[/name]
[name]Stafford[/name]

[name]Azalea[/name] is really growing on me. I was thinking that Azzy would be a really cute nn.
there are so many [name]Izzy[/name]'s now with [name]Isabella[/name] and all it’s variations becoming so popular.
I think Azzy would stand out but fit in with all the [name]Izzy[/name]'s.

I can’t find this listed as a name anywhere, but I love the word Reverie as a name for a girl. [name]Just[/name] can’t come up with any good combos…anyone think of something cute to use as a mn or a good fn to use with Reverie as a middle? Thanks in advance!

[name]Temperance[/name]. I’d never use it, though …

I like [name]Remember[/name]. I also love the name [name]Nova[/name]. So strong and direct!

“Seer-sha” IS the most commonly accepted pronunciation of [name]Saoirse[/name] - in modern Irish, the combination [name]AOI[/name] is almost always pronounced as a long “EE”. The “Sair-sha” pronunciation can be emphasized if you really work at a 3-syllable pronunciation (i.e “[name]Sai[/name]-EER-sha” but in the Irish accent this is elided into 2-syllables

I really love the name Odalyss (Od-a-leess), the name [name]Astrid[/name] and the name [name]Eulalie[/name] ! They are quite unusual since I never met a person named that !

[name]Christy[/name], I like [name]Nova[/name], too!

This is the thread where I recommend [name]Sefarina[/name]. I think it refers to the [name]Zephyr[/name]. Most people who see it will probably assume it’s a mix-up of [name]Seraphina[/name], sadly, but I prefer this one. It’s like super-[name]Serena[/name].

I like a LOT of unusual names, but I think [name]Matei[/name] and Anand are the strangest for boys, along with [name]Winsome[/name] and [name]Twyla[/name] for girls ^^

I [name]LOVE[/name] the boy name [name]Bear[/name] right now. My hubby even said if we ever have a son we can name him that.

Thank you so much! I love the way it looks written, but I’ve only really heard it in reference to [name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Ronan[/name], but she says it “sur-sha,” so I got a little confused. Thanks!

I love…

[name]Ashira[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] (nickname: Aurrie, sounds beautiful)
[name]Autumn[/name] (sounds calm)
Callandra
[name]Coco[/name]
[name]Courtney[/name]
[name]Elvira[/name]
[name]Emme[/name] (really love it)
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Ilya[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Nahla[/name]
[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Skylar[/name]
[name]Suri[/name]

[name]Achilleo[/name]
Asael
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Gavriel[/name]
[name]Hillel[/name]
Kailas
[name]Keaton[/name] (sounds handsome :))
Kristohn
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Marvel[/name] (I know a cutie boy named [name]Marvel[/name] )
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Preston[/name]
Slad
Synyster

I like [name]Keaton[/name] too :slight_smile:

[name]Keaton[/name] is cute :slight_smile:

I love [name]Bennett[/name] and [name]Ace[/name].

Gosh I have so many! they just don’t seem normal enough to me though to ever use but I still love them. These are just a few, my favourites.

Girls:
[name]Scout[/name], [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Sybella[/name], Stroma, [name]Dancer[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Riley[/name], [name]Benet[/name], Mirror, [name]Winter[/name]

Boys:
[name]Sundance[/name], [name]Mercury[/name], [name]Heathcliff[/name], Rhapsodie, [name]Story[/name], [name]Rocky[/name], [name]Klaus[/name], Cyron, [name]Job[/name], [name]Casper[/name]

I would use [name]Riley[/name] for a girl :slight_smile: