UPDATE: Analyse / Critique My Boys List?

• Thanks again to everyone that replied! You all gave me some great insight and made some good points that hadn’t crossed my mind. I also loved some of the additional name suggestions, especially [name]Alaric[/name] and [name]Tybalt[/name]! This has definitely helped to narrow it down and tentatively announce my top sib-set:

[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] N—n & [name]James[/name] [name]Friedrich[/name] N—n
Aka: [name]Gus[/name] & [name]Fritz[/name]

I’m still looking for answers concerning [name]Clifford[/name] and [name]Caspar[/name] associations, so if anyone knows whether or not children are still familiar with these characters let me know.

Thanks again!*

I’m not sure if I should post this here or somewhere else but since my last post didn’t get many replies on the other forum I decided to try here.

My boys list keeps growing and I’m really starting to doubt my first choice, [name]Alexander[/name]. The more I obsess over
finding the perfect names the more I get bored of seeing the same ones over and over, thus I’m leaning more towards the
more eccentric ones. So I really need some help narrowing these down!

I definitely need one that starts with an ‘A’ to follow the first name [name]Dennis[/name] (again they will go by their middles, the official first names are honor names). And I adore [name]Augustus[/name] but need to know if it’s a terrible choice with [name]Dennis[/name]. The second can start with any letter

Last name is N—n, (rhymes with bowlin’) so let me know if [name]Sebastian[/name] or [name]Orion[/name] definitely wouldn’t work because of that.

(I’m reluctantly putting [name]Cedric[/name] up hear because I’m really not fond of made up names but it’s just keeps catching my attention)

Rate, analyse, eliminate, or what ever you feel is best =)

[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Xander[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name] or [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Apollo[/name] nn [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] nn [name]Cliff[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name] nn [name]Cas[/name] or [name]Cash[/name]?
[name]Curtis[/name] nn [name]Curt[/name]
[name]Colm[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] nn [name]Ced[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name]
Emeric
[name]Enric[/name]
[name]Elias[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name]
Eckhart /(original: Ekhart) nn Ecker?
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Friedrich[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name]
[name]Helios[/name] nn Helo (pn: Heel-ee-oh-s)
[name]Milo[/name] nn [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name] nn Thias
[name]Marshall[/name] nn [name]Mars[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name] nn [name]Colm[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Thaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Reginald[/name] nn Regg or [name]Reggie[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Sigurd[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] nn [name]Seb[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] nn [name]Sy[/name]
[name]Thayer[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]

I really appreciate any replies!

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Xander[/name]: I think that [name]Dennis[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] N____ is really, really handsome! [name]Even[/name] though it’s popular, I think it feels timeless.

[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name] or [name]Gus[/name]: I love [name]Augustus[/name]! I’m thinking that the flow of [name]Dennis[/name] with the middle doesn’t really matter because he’ll be going by his middle. If flow is important to you, though, I think that [name]Alexander[/name] sounds better with [name]Dennis[/name].

(I’m not sure if this is an issue for you, but when I say [name]Augustus[/name] No____ out loud, the s from [name]Augustus[/name]–or any name that ends in s–attaches to to the No in your last name to sound like “snow.” It’s not a big deal, but I thought I’d mention it just in case.) :slight_smile:

[name]Apollo[/name] nn [name]Paul[/name]: That’s really cool!

[name]Clifford[/name] nn [name]Cliff[/name]: I think it’s handsome, but I like some of the others more…

[name]Cormac[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name]: I love [name]Cormac[/name]!

[name]Caspar[/name] nn [name]Cas[/name] or [name]Cash[/name]?: I like some of the others more, but I think it’s a cool name. You may also like [name]Cassius[/name] or [name]Cashel[/name].

[name]Curtis[/name] nn [name]Curt[/name]: I like it a lot…

[name]Colm[/name]: I like some of the others more…I love [name]Malcolm[/name], though!

[name]Cedric[/name] nn [name]Ced[/name]: I think it’s interesting, in a good way. You may also like [name]Clive[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], or [name]Conrad[/name].

[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name]: I love it!

Emeric: I’ve never heard this name before, but like some of the others more. Emeric reminds me of something, but I can’t put my finger on it. Hmm…You may also like Merrick or [name]Alaric[/name].

[name]Enric[/name]: I like some of the others more…You may also like [name]Henrik[/name].

[name]Elias[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name]: Ooh! I really love it!

Eckhart /(original: Ekhart) nn Ecker?: I think that Eckhart could make a cool middle, but I’d personally avoid Ecker if you’ll be calling him Ecker as his first name, because I can sadly see kids putting a P in front of it.

[name]Evander[/name]: I love [name]Evander[/name]!

[name]Friedrich[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name]: I love [name]Frederick[/name], and I think that [name]Friedrich[/name] is handsome, too. Very Sound of [name]Music[/name] (that’s a good thing to me).
:slight_smile:
[name]Helios[/name] nn Helo (pn: Heel-ee-oh-s): I like some of the others more…

[name]Milo[/name] nn [name]Miles[/name]: I love [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]!
[name]Matthias[/name] nn Thias: I think it’s very handsome…
[name]Marshall[/name] nn [name]Mars[/name]: I love it!
[name]Malcolm[/name] nn [name]Colm[/name]: I love [name]Malcolm[/name]!

****Whoops! If you’re using two middles, a second middle beginning with M may not be the best, because with [name]Dennis[/name] up front, A as the first middle, M as the second middle, and N for a last name, his initials will be “D.A.M.N.”
So, I’d personally eliminate the M names! :slight_smile:

[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Thaniel[/name]: I love [name]Nathaniel[/name]…

[name]Oliver[/name]: Looove…I love [name]Oliver[/name] No____!

[name]Oscar[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name]: Very cool!

[name]Orion[/name]: I think it’s handsome, but I like some of the others more with your last name.

[name]Reginald[/name] nn Regg or [name]Reggie[/name]: I like some of the others more…

[name]Sawyer[/name]: I think it’s a nice name…

[name]Sigurd[/name]: I like some of the others more, because of the “gurd” ending’s similarity to [name]GERD[/name] (gastroesophogeal reflux disease).

[name]Sebastian[/name] nn [name]Seb[/name]: I love it, but I like some of the others more with your last name.

[name]Silas[/name] nn [name]Sy[/name]: I think it’s really handsome…

[name]Thayer[/name]: I can see the appeal of [name]Thayer[/name], but at the same time, I have to admit that to me, it sounds a bit like someone with a lisp saying “sayer.” (I probably have this association because of a scene in the movie On [name]Golden[/name] Pond.)

[name]Walter[/name]: [name]Walter[/name] has been growing on me lately…I’d love to meet a little [name]Walt[/name]!

Some more A names you may like:

[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Xander[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is a great, strong name. He will always fit in with the name, but I don’t think there will be too many other Alexanders in the class. We called an [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Xandy[/name] in elementary school.

[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name] or [name]Gus[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] is a pretty grand name, more so than [name]Augusta[/name] to me.

[name]Apollo[/name] nn [name]Paul[/name] Not a fan

[name]Clifford[/name] nn [name]Cliff[/name] Hmm, I like [name]Cliff[/name], but there’s the “big red dog” with [name]Clifford[/name]

[name]Cormac[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name] I really like this one, I’m not usually a fan of surname names. Are you a fan of [name]Cormac[/name] [name]McCarthy[/name]?

[name]Caspar[/name] nn [name]Cas[/name] or [name]Cash[/name]? Friendly ghost. No.

[name]Curtis[/name] nn [name]Curt[/name] Eh

[name]Colm[/name] [name]Will[/name] the L be pronounced. If it’s pronounced like Come then NO NO NO… profane slang

[name]Cedric[/name] nn [name]Ced[/name] I think literary names get a pass for “made up names” However, it projects the same image as [name]Percy[/name] to me

[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name] I like it, but there’s a strong serial killer connection. He is a beloved serial killer, though

Emeric [name]Em[/name]- anything has gone to the girls

[name]Enric[/name] I would only use this if youre Catalunian. Otherwise it seems like it should be

[name]Elias[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name] I like [name]Eli[/name]

Eckhart /(original: Ekhart) nn Ecker? Is this a family name. Pretty much any family name is cool by me. I think [name]Hart[/name] might be a cooler nickname

[name]Evander[/name] Eh

[name]Friedrich[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name] Very European

[name]Helios[/name] nn Helo (pn: Heel-ee-oh-s) Eh.

[name]Milo[/name] nn [name]Miles[/name] I’m not a fan of using an established name for a nn, but
adding -s is a common nn formation

[name]Matthias[/name] nn Thias Eh.

[name]Marshall[/name] nn [name]Mars[/name] What about [name]Mitchell[/name] nn [name]Mitch[/name]

[name]Malcolm[/name] nn [name]Colm[/name] See above

[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Thaniel[/name] Eh.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is one of the least masculine names to me. However it
seems to be getting very popular and is very beloved on this site. So while I feel like an [name]Oliver[/name] might have been made fun of ten years ago, he probably wont nowadays.

[name]Oscar[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name] I like the nn [name]Oz[/name]. You do have a lot of names from [name]Buffy[/name] on this list ([name]Xander[/name] and [name]Oz[/name])

[name]Orion[/name] eh.

[name]Reginald[/name] nn Regg or [name]Reggie[/name] eh. I think this is a popular [name]African[/name]-American name, which isn’t a bad thing, just something to consider.

[name]Sawyer[/name] Not so much a fan of occupational names unless they’re
family names. To me it’s like naming your kid Plumber/Teacher. Of
course most people don’t think like this

[name]Sigurd[/name] Not a very pretty-sounding name to me

[name]Sebastian[/name] nn [name]Seb[/name]. Again not very masculine to me, but getting very popular. I think this would work fine with your last name.

[name]Silas[/name] nn [name]Sy[/name] I like.

[name]Thayer[/name] Family surname?

[name]Walter[/name] Wat is a nn for [name]Walter[/name] which I think is cool (the origin of [name]Watson[/name])

What about [name]Malcolm[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name]?

I was going to suggest [name]Damon[/name] seeing as how you like names from mythology, but it wouldn’t work with your last name and [name]Dennis[/name]. Darn.

[name]Even[/name] the names I don’t really like aren’t “bad.” [name]Just[/name] not my style. [name]Hope[/name] that helps. I think you have some really good ones :slight_smile:

I love:
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Colm[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Xander[/name]- Out of your ‘A’ names this one flow best with [name]Dennis[/name] imo.

[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name] or [name]Gus[/name]- this is cute but the ‘us’ ending doesn’t flow well with the ‘is’ ending in [name]Dennis[/name]

[name]Apollo[/name] nn [name]Paul[/name]- I really like this name but is it too much for a kid to handle?

[name]Clifford[/name] nn [name]Cliff[/name]- Not my favorite mainly because the first thing I think of us a big red dog

[name]Cormac[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this! So handsome yet underused

[name]Caspar[/name] nn [name]Cas[/name] or [name]Cash[/name]? I like this name, but it doesn’t really have any natural nn’s though [name]Cas[/name] & [name]Cash[/name] would work, maybe [name]Perry[/name]?

[name]Curtis[/name] nn [name]Curt[/name]-not a fan

[name]Colm[/name]- It just looks like a shortened version of [name]Malcolm[/name]

[name]Cedric[/name] nn [name]Ced[/name]- I actually really like this name, reminds me of [name]Cedar[/name] one of my favorite scents :slight_smile:

[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name]- I’ve never really liked this one, it just makes me think of a cute but nerdy little kid

Emeric- I like this one, but I would be sure not to shorten it to ‘[name]Em[/name]’ maybe [name]Rick[/name]?

[name]Enric[/name]- I don’t know what I think about this, I kind of like, but at the same time it feels like it should be a shortened version of [name]Heinrich[/name] or something

[name]Elias[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name]- great underused boys name

Eckhart /(original: Ekhart) nn Ecker?- not a fan, again sounds to abrupt or short or something

[name]Evander[/name]- I like this one would you call him [name]Evan[/name]?

[name]Friedrich[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name]- I love this! Cute yet handsome

[name]Helios[/name] nn Helo (pn: Heel-ee-oh-s)- [name]Don[/name]'t like it, reminds me of Helium

[name]Milo[/name] nn [name]Miles[/name]- I love the name [name]Milo[/name], though it’s gaining popularity if that bothers you

[name]Matthias[/name] nn Thias- Like [name]Matthias[/name] don’t like the nn Thias though too close to ‘Thighs’

[name]Marshall[/name] nn [name]Mars[/name]- This one’s cute:)

[name]Malcolm[/name] nn [name]Colm[/name]- I like [name]Malcolm[/name] and [name]Colm[/name] as a nn for it

[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Thaniel[/name]- I like [name]Nathaniel[/name] don’t like nn [name]Thaniel[/name] though, if you aren’t fond of [name]Nate[/name] how about [name]Niel[/name]?

[name]Oliver[/name]- Cute, popular

[name]Oscar[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this name :slight_smile:

[name]Orion[/name]- I kind of like this, nn could be [name]Ryan[/name] you might also like [name]Oren[/name] & [name]Orson[/name]

[name]Reginald[/name] nn Regg or [name]Reggie[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one

[name]Sawyer[/name]- Again [name]Love[/name]

[name]Sigurd[/name]- [name]Imo[/name] this one just doesn’t have a pleasant sound, and you have other choices much better than this

[name]Sebastian[/name] nn [name]Seb[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one!

[name]Silas[/name] nn [name]Sy[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one too!

[name]Thayer[/name]- this one is ok

[name]Walter[/name]- ok

[name]Casper[/name] as [name]Cas[/name] I love its so cool.
[name]Milo[/name] I love as well. Sounds like a sweet kid.
[name]Evander[/name] I think is cool, sounds like a little vampire!
[name]Silas[/name] is so cute. I adore that name.

[name]Alexander[/name]-[name]Love[/name] it, sounds nice w/ how you describe your last name.
[name]Apollo[/name]- Cool! If [name]Apollo[/name] is his name he should go by it, not [name]Paul[/name].
[name]Clifford[/name]- All I can think of is [name]Clifford[/name] the Big [name]Red[/name] Dog.
[name]Cormac[/name]- I really like this name!
[name]Casper[/name]- cute. [name]Don[/name]'t use [name]Cash[/name] for a nickname, it doesn’t make sense.
[name]Curtis[/name]- okay
[name]Colm[/name]- I don’t like it, it looks incomplete to me.
[name]Cedric[/name]- cool. Would not work well as a middle for [name]Dennis[/name],too many sssss.
[name]Dexter[/name]- I like it
Emeric- I really like this name.
[name]Enric[/name]- I don’t care for it.
[name]Elias[/name]- Cute and I like [name]Eli[/name].
Eckhart- It’s alright, I don’t care for Ecker. [name]How[/name] about [name]Hart[/name]?
[name]Evander[/name]- not my favorite
[name]Friedrich[/name]- prefer [name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Helios[/name]- Cool, but I think it would make a better middle name.
You seem to like nicknames, what would you use? [name]Leo[/name]?
[name]Milo[/name]- Too many o sounds with your last name?
[name]Matthias[/name]- Nice in full, dislike Thias for a nickname
[name]Marshall[/name]- Nice in full, dislike [name]Mars[/name] for a nickname
[name]Malcolm[/name]- Distinguished but sounds stuffy. Dislike the nicknames.
[name]Nathaniel[/name]- I don’t like [name]Thaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it
[name]Oscar[/name]- very cute
[name]Orion[/name]- I really like it
[name]Reginald[/name]- I like it!
[name]Sawyer[/name]- I like it!
[name]Sigurd[/name]- too different for me
[name]Sebastian[/name]- I like it. I think it would sound fine with your last name and [name]Seb[/name] is cute.
[name]Thayer[/name]- I like it.
[name]Walter[/name]- I love [name]Walter[/name].
Paired with [name]Dennis[/name] my favorites are-
[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Apollo[/name]
[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

I’ve picked out my favorite from your list, I figured positive feedback is probably useful. FWIW, I love [name]Alexander[/name] and think it is a strong and classic name for a boy. He will never have to spell out his name, [name]Alexander[/name] looks great on a resume and he has a bunch of nicknames to choose from! Also, I don’t view [name]Cedric[/name] as a made up name at all. Surely it was “invented” by Sir [name]Walter[/name] [name]Scott[/name] but that was nearly two hundred years ago. It’s pretty established by now and very cool name.

[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Xander[/name]

[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name] or [name]Gus[/name]- I love [name]Augustus[/name] though with [name]Dennis[/name] I’m not sure another name ending in “s” is the best choice. [name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]August[/name]?

[name]Cormac[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name]- great name! I love Irish names and [name]Cormac[/name] is one of my favorites. [name]Mac[/name] is a great nickname, though becoming more popular as [name]Malcolm[/name] rises in popularity.

[name]Cedric[/name] nn [name]Ced[/name]- like I said above, I think this is a really distinct name that doesn’t get a whole lot of use. If you don’t mind the literary references than I’d consider using it.

[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name]- very trendy in my area but I like it! [name]Dex[/name] is an awesome nickname.

[name]Elias[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name]- I love the names [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] particularly because of the nickname [name]Eli[/name]. [name]Elias[/name] is strong and biblical while [name]Eli[/name] has a very boyish appeal.

[name]Evander[/name]- i quite like this name. You seem to like nicknames and this one doesn’t have an intuitive nickname other than Ev or [name]Van[/name]. It’s a very strong name though.

[name]Milo[/name] nn [name]Miles[/name]- I love the name [name]Milo[/name]! [name]Miles[/name] is okay but I think the name is really fabulous on its own.

[name]Malcolm[/name] nn [name]Colm[/name]- I mentioned [name]Malcolm[/name] above. I prefer [name]Cormac[/name] or just the name [name]Colm[/name] on it’s own, but [name]Malcolm[/name] is still a name that I like.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Thaniel[/name]- [name]Nathaniel[/name]/[name]Nathan[/name] are at the top of my long list! I’ve never really thought to use [name]Thaniel[/name] before. It might encounter confusion with [name]Daniel[/name]… I prefer [name]Nate[/name] or [name]Nat[/name] as a nickname.

[name]Sawyer[/name] - love this name. very handsome and has great literary reference!

[name]Silas[/name] nn [name]Sy[/name]- another name I adore!

[name]Thayer[/name]- I spent much of my childhood in Rhode Island so [name]Thayer[/name] [name]Street[/name] (in Providence) holds a lot of memories for me! I’ve never thought to use it as a name before. An interesting last name as a first name that could definitely work.

hope that helps!

Thank you [name]Jill[/name]!

I’m glad you didn’t see all of the S sounds in [name]Dennis[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] as being a problem. I hadn’t really noticed [name]Augustus[/name] running in with our last name but I’ll keep saying it out loud to see if it comes up.

I know what you mean about Emeric, there’s just something about it that’s a bit off. Maybe it’s that it sounds too close to all of the [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Emery[/name] names?

[name]Henrik[/name] is a nice suggestion!

Ooh I see what you mean about the nn Ecker! That one definitely won’t work then.

Not to worry about the initial spelling DAMN though, we’ll only be using a first and a middle name. Actually that’s the reason we needed an A name, so that it would spell out [name]Dan[/name] which is my father’s name.

I see what you mean about [name]Sigurd[/name] and [name]Thayer[/name]…good points.

Thank you for the other suggestions as well! I like [name]Alaric[/name]! I love [name]Arthur[/name] but I’m really not a fan of the nickname [name]Art[/name].

Cheers!

Thanks [name]Devon[/name]!

Is [name]Clifford[/name] still a book children read today? I wasn’t sure if the younger generation was even familiar with it?

[name]Cormac[/name] is actually a pretty popular name here in [name]Ireland[/name], who is [name]Cormac[/name] [name]McCarthy[/name]?

I guess I would have the same question about [name]Caspar[/name] as I did about [name]Clifford[/name].

[name]Colm[/name] is another popular name here, it’s pronounced with the L, it kind of sounds like [name]Collin[/name].

I didn’t know [name]Dexter[/name] was associated with a serial killer…do you think this is a common connection many others will make?

“[name]Friedrich[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name] -Very European” - Haha yes it is, but we live in Europe so I guess it makes sense.

Yes the [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Oz[/name] connection recently occurred to me, so if I used [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] would be out.

[name]Damon[/name] unfortunately sounds like ‘demon’ to me, but nice suggestion never the less!

Thank you for your thoughts,

Cheers!

Thank you BB!

You’re welcome! I don’t know where I got the idea that you were using two middles (sorry about that!), but I’m so glad that the M names are still options for you. I thought they were all great! :slight_smile:

I love how you’re using your son’s initials to spell [name]Dan[/name]! That’s such a great idea!

I don’t know what it is about Emeric. Maybe it sounds close to another word, like limerick? I don’t think that’s it, though…Hmm…

I’m glad you like [name]Alaric[/name]! I think it’s such a handsome name. (Herick, too.) I totally understand about [name]Arthur[/name] Vs. [name]Art[/name], and I love both [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Augustus[/name] (I love [name]August[/name] names). :slight_smile:

I love so many names on your list!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Jill[/name]!

I’m glad you didn’t see all of the S sounds in [name]Dennis[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] as being a problem. I hadn’t really noticed [name]Augustus[/name] running in with our last name but I’ll keep saying it out loud to see if it comes up.

I know what you mean about Emeric, there’s just something about it that’s a bit off. Maybe it’s that it sounds too close to all of the [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Emery[/name] names?

[name]Henrik[/name] is a nice suggestion!

Ooh I see what you mean about the nn Ecker! That one definitely won’t work then.

Not to worry about the initial spelling DAMN though, we’ll only be using a first and a middle name. Actually that’s the reason we needed an A name, so that it would spell out [name]Dan[/name] which is my father’s name.

I see what you mean about [name]Sigurd[/name] and [name]Thayer[/name]…good points.

Thank you for the other suggestions as well! I like [name]Alaric[/name]! I love [name]Arthur[/name] but I’m really not a fan of the nickname [name]Art[/name].

Cheers![/quote]

Thank you [name]Alexa[/name]!

Yes my biggest issue with [name]Apollo[/name] is that I wonder if it’s bit too much for a real person (I guess that’s why the nickname [name]Paul[/name] came to mind to tone it down a bit).

With [name]Clifford[/name] most people so far seem to associate it with the cartoon, which won’t bother me as much if it’s only people of my generation that make that connection I just wonder if his peers would. I check with DH though (since I was raised in the US, and he was raised here in [name]Ireland[/name]) and he’d never heard of the cartoon so that might change things.

I’m not sure what nickname I would use for [name]Evander[/name] but [name]Evan[/name] has a bad association for me so that would probably be out.

Hm, I see what you mean with [name]Helios[/name] sounding like Helium. Good point, that may make it less of a contender.

I didn’t realise [name]Milo[/name] was getting popular. Thank you, that’s definitely something to consider.

So far [name]Thaniel[/name] doesn’t seem to be a favoured nick name for [name]Nathaniel[/name], and I admit I don’t love it I just put it there because I don’t really like [name]Nathan[/name] or [name]Nate[/name]. But [name]Niel[/name] is something to consider.

Cheers!

Thank you Jls!

Would you find [name]Alexander[/name] more interesting if his nn was [name]Sasha[/name]? I love [name]Sasha[/name] for a boy . . . odd since I’m really not a fan for [name]Sasha[/name].

Thanks Lis!

I see with you mean about [name]Paul[/name], it kind of defeats the purpose of having a really unique name like [name]Apollo[/name].

Someone else suggested [name]Cash[/name] as a nick name for [name]Caspar[/name] since I was worried about [name]Cas[/name] sounding to girlie. I like it because it reminds me of [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name] but beyond that it feels much too trendy.

I’m thinking [name]Colm[/name] is pretty much off the list at this point, it’s just too short with all of my others and I think if we move back to the US people will have too much trouble pronouncing it.

Thanks for pointing out all of the S sounds with [name]Dennis[/name] and [name]Cedric[/name] (actually [name]James[/name] would be the first name for the none ‘A’ name but the same problem would apply), I hadn’t even noticed that.

I probably should have included the pronunciation for [name]Friedrich[/name] ([name]Free[/name]-drick), I’m not sure if that makes a difference but just encase =)

For [name]Helios[/name] the nickname would be Helo (pn: Heel-oh)

I see what you mean about [name]Milo[/name] having too many O sounds with our last name, good catch!

Yes I suspected [name]Mars[/name] would be too far of a stretch with [name]Marshall[/name].

I’m so glad you think [name]Sebastian[/name] would sound fine with our last name! It is definitely one of my favourites!

Cheers!

Thanks Freckles!

I’m feeling more reassured about [name]Alexander[/name] now and you make an excellent point about [name]Cedric[/name]!

Yes the S sounds were/are my main concern with [name]Dennis[/name] [name]Augustus[/name], and I would like [name]Augustin[/name] if it didn’t end like our last name but [name]August[/name] just doesn’t seem as established for me. But thank you for the suggestion!

[name]Dexter[/name] is trendy? If you don’t mind me asking, what area? I really want to try and avoid trendy names.

Cheers!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name],

Yes I was pretty excited when I realised we could use the initials to spell [name]Dan[/name]. It was just too perfect to pass up!

[name]Do[/name] you have any thoughts on a good nickname for [name]Alaric[/name]? If I used this one I’d probably use it with [name]Oscar[/name] but I’m hesitant to have a really cool nickname like [name]Oz[/name] (for [name]Oscar[/name]) and then not have one for [name]Alaric[/name].

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion [name]Mara[/name]! I can see the appeal of [name]Sasha[/name] but unfortunately I think in today’s society it’s a bit too girlie for me.

Cheers

You didn’t respond to my opinions. I hope I didn’t offend you - I like a lot of them.

[name]Dexter[/name] is a show about a serial killer who kills “bad” people. Whenever there’s exposure to a name (on tv, etc…) people hear it and say “that’s a cool name - I think I’ll use it.” So I think [name]Dexter[/name]'s going to go up in popularity.