Update on baby girl Smith: she's here! (Updated)

I’m so happy to report that my great-granddaughter [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] was born this evening. [name]Jane[/name] is bright eyed and alert; Mommy is very tired and very happy with her darling little [name]Jane[/name]. The baby was named soon after she was born, when her parents asked for some time alone with her. The final choices were [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I was pretty sure each parent would see her/his favorite name when looking at their daughter, and that’s exactly what happened. Daddy had hoped for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but did get [name]Violet[/name] (a family name from his side, as is [name]Jane[/name] from our side) included in the name. [name]Jane[/name] is the name her mother has loved for many years, and when she saw her baby, she was indeed [name]Jane[/name].

Wow, I’m shocked! [name]Glad[/name] they could both get a name they loved in there…

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Smith[/name] - it’s gorgeous, [name]Ellen[/name]! Much congratulations to [name]Emma[/name] and the rest of your family on this joyous occasion!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Great news and I love her name, it is so beautiful. Congratulations to all!!

I am so glad that they went with their heart! [name]Both[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are beautiful, and together they are perfection. I actually think that, as [name]Jane[/name] is not very common at all at the moment, a little [name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name] will be much less likely to be one of two [name]Jane[/name] Smiths in her class than a [name]Violet[/name] [name]Smith[/name] would have.

Give the parents my congratulations on their new, beautifully-named daughter!

Congratulations! I’m so happy they went with [name]Jane[/name], as I know that’s what the mother had always wanted! [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is beautiful and classic!

beautiful name, congrats to your family!

Congratulations… I bet she is as pretty as her name!

What heartwarming news! Congratulations! That little girl was destined to be “[name]Jane[/name],” and I am so glad it all worked out. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is a BEAUTIFUL, distinctive name. Thank you for letting us know this joyous news! When you get around to it would you consider uploading a photo of little [name]Jane[/name] for us to see??

I’ve been sending a photo of [name]Jane[/name] taken last evening within an hour of her birth far and wide and would be happy to share it here too if you could tell me how to do that. I’ve never noticed any posters’ photos on this website.

I’d love to see [name]Baby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! You have to email [name]Pam[/name], though…

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is a beautiful name… Congrats!

Congratulations on little [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name]!

Congratulations! I think that going with [name]Violet[/name] as a MN was a good compromise ([name]Violet[/name] helps “break up” the blandness of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name] more than the other MN candidates that I recall in my opinion), and I like the overall name.

Waiting in the hospital waiting room for The Name to be decided and announced, I hoped my granddaughter would stick with her beloved [name]Jane[/name] and if so, expected [name]Violet[/name] would be the middle name. When I heard the name was indeed [name]JANE[/name] [name]Violet[/name], I was ecstatic but concerned that it might be a big disappointment for [name]Catherine[/name] – the baby’s grandmama (and my daughter). However, she likes the name [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] very much and has concluded exactly what you observed – that [name]Violet[/name] adds more ‘zest’ to the name [name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name] than [name]Catherine[/name] would have. ([name]Catherine[/name] has 3 other daughters, one of whom is planning to name her daughter [name]Elena[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] someday, so most likely she will have a namesake eventually anyway.)

Yea!!! Congratulations, [name]Ellen[/name]!!! :slight_smile: I love [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name], and hope that your granddaughter and her baby girl are doing well! :slight_smile:

Take care!

As quite a few people have this URL already and the photos are only up for 2 weeks, I think it’s okay for me to share these photos of our darling [name]Jane[/name]:

(URL has now been removed.)

I just checked the photos out. What a happy, happy baby, so very cute, and I love her masses of black hair.

Congratulations again, she is beautiful.

[/quote]

As quite a few people have this URL already and the photos are only up for 2 weeks, I think it’s okay for me to share these photos of our darling [name]Jane[/name]:

(URL has now been removed.)

Hello “everwaiteling”

I want to make sure you know that I added a link to [name]Jane[/name]'s hospital portraits, per your request for me to upload a photo of her.

I appreciate your support for the name [name]Jane[/name] in response to my post a couple of weeks ago asking for advice. In a conversation with [name]Emma[/name] the week before her baby was born, I encouraged her to choose the name she loves – [name]Jane[/name] – even though we had some concerns about [name]Jane[/name] with [name]Smith[/name] – and discussed some of the points you and other supporters brought up regarding [name]Emma[/name] going with the name she has loved for several years. Thanks for playing a role in the naming of baby [name]Jane[/name]!

Thats a beautiful name!

[name]Ellen[/name],

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for getting my attention to let me know [name]Jane[/name]'s pictures are now online! She is so gorgeous! I went through the slide show several times marvelling at this baby whose name was the subject of so much thought and debate. It is so special to see her and know the name she was destined to be – [name]Jane[/name] – is finally a reality! [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is a little doll! Congratulations, [name]Ellen[/name], on your very first great grandchild!!! I am so happy for you and your family!!!