Update on baby girl Smith: she's here! (Updated)

I’m glad I was able to let you know about [name]Jane[/name]'s photos. Thank you for all your kind words. We think she’s very special. And with 11 of our 12 younger grandchildren (8 years down to 12 mos) being boys, and another darling grandson due in [name]April[/name], I am delighted that our first great-grandchild is a girl (and that I [name]LOVE[/name] her name!).

And so we have in this group of grandchildren: [name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name]; [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Ethan[/name] and [name]William[/name]; twins [name]James[/name] and [name]Andrew[/name]; [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name]; [name]David[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name], and baby brother in [name]April[/name]; and now great-granddaughter [name]Jane[/name]. Her name fits in very well with the other little ones in the family.

Thanks for sharing the list of your youger grandchildren’s names! So many, and such fine names too! Amongst the growing collection of little grandsons, I see how [name]Jane[/name]'s birth has the added excitement of being the first girl in a long time! Some people do not even get to know all their grandchildren, let alone any of their great grandchildren, so what a blessing! (When I was born, only one great grandparent was alive. She died soon after and I never met her. I always regreted not getting to know her and once dreamed that I got to speak to her on the phone.) Having children at a young age definitely has some long-term benefits! Your relationship with [name]Jane[/name] (and future great grandchildren) is an extra special and beautiful thing that many people do not get to experience! Enjoy! I am so happy for you!