Update on Eloise and Matilda

Hey Everyone

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers for the girls! I really appreciate it.

The girls were born on [name]October[/name] 28, at 10:10 am and 10:28 am. [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] was 4 lbs 6 oz, natural, and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] was 4 lbs 10 oz, c-section.

The girls are not identical (YEAH!!!), but at this point, you can hardly tell. They look very similar but have a slight eye color variation.

There were some complications with [name]Matilda[/name]'s birth and then she was diagnosed with RDS. On [name]Saturday[/name] we thought that she may have started to develop pneumonia! She is still in the NICU, still using a respirator, and still being closely monitored. It’s such a helpless feeling seeing your sweet little baby struggling, but she is gaining some strength and hopefully will be able to go home soon.

Everyone try to get the flu shot! [name]Both[/name] of them. I got the regular one, but the H1N1 wasnt available in our area, and I developed a light case of it which led to some of my complications. Thank goodness it wasn’t more serious!

I was finally able to hold [name]Eloise[/name] on [name]Sunday[/name], such a sweet sweet baby… and I got to “hold” [name]Matilda[/name] last night.

[name]Dorothy[/name] has had a reprieve of the terrible twos - which is so much fun with everything else going on. My husband has had to work, so my mom and I have been trying to shuffle back and forth between home and the hospital since [name]Monday[/name]. Its exhausting and very difficult to know where you should be. [name]Henry[/name] has had some setbacks and unfortunately, I haven’t been able to be completely “there” for him. Hopefully, his grandma will be able to come down to help in a few weeks.

Mi vida loca!

That’s great! I’m sure they’re beautiful, and I’m glad that [name]Matilda[/name] is doing better.

P.S. Their names fit them so well! The problem now is everyone is calling them by their favorite part of their name. They are being called [name]Mattie[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Addie[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Blue[/name]. Oh and one of the nurses has started calling [name]Matilda[/name] her little [name]Mars[/name] [name]Bar[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] - [name]Elsie[/name] from their initials: M.A.R.R and E.C.L.R (she misread it at first as ELC, but has stuck with it as her new nickname).

My poor confused babies…

[name]Hi[/name] there! Thank you SO much for your update! I’m so sorry to hear about [name]Matilda[/name] having a rough time, and I hope she’ll be able to come home soon. I’m so glad you’ve been able to hold the babies! :slight_smile: (I love [name]Eloise[/name]'s “[name]Elsie[/name]” nickname!)

I’m also sorry to hear that you were sick, and I hope you’re feeling better now. I wish the very best for you and your children, and hope that things settle down for you sooner than later.

Big hugs for [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name], too…

Take care! :slight_smile:

No problem [name]Jill[/name]! I am feeling tired and a little sore, but definitely A LOT better than I was doing last week! I feel like I was asleep from [name]Wednesday[/name] until [name]Sunday[/name]! But believe me, they wouldn’t let me come anywhere near my babes until I got a clean health bill. My husband got me a fancy phone this weekend, so I am now able to stay in contact with everyone and be able to stay with [name]Mattie[/name] in the NICU. I feel so sci-fi. She opened her eyes 10 minutes ago! So sweet!

Oh, my sister did come into town and took [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name] trick or treating. [name]Dot[/name] got to officially be a polo bear!
I wish I could post pics.

I’m glad you’re doing better, and I actually thought about [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name] while I was passing out Halloween candy. (A baby Frosty the Snowman came to the door, and when I saw the white costume, I thought of [name]Dorothy[/name]'s polo bear.) :slight_smile:

I cracked up when I read about their many nicknames. They’re [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] to me, but I love every name you used.

I’m rambling here, but was [name]Henry[/name] [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]? I can’t remember…

Because you mentioned sharing pictures, I know that if you sent a photo of the babies to [name]Pam[/name] or [name]Linda[/name], they’d post it.

I bet they’re gorgeous! :slight_smile:

So nice to get your update and to hear that [name]Matilda[/name] and yourself are doing better. Best wishes to you and your whole family.

Aww. A baby frosty. [name]How[/name] cute is that?! The baby costumes are so adorable. I can’t wait to dress the twins up for Halloween next year. My S I L told me that it was a a good thing [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] were not born on Halloween bc those could easily be witch names. I hadnt even thought about that! I guess they do sound witchy. Yes. [name]Henry[/name] was [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. Everytime I go home my kids are still in their costumes. My mom promises they are getting bathed and washed. Lol. We still havent gotten a pic of the twins together. When we do I will send to P & L. I might get to hold my baby again in a little bit! Have a good night everyone!

Congrats! Their names are lovely! Praying everyone is healthy soon and the little cherubs get to come home!

Sending Virtual Hugs your way! Get better soon little ones!

Best wishes and a whole bunch of positive energy sending your way for you and your new arrivals (all of them!). It may not feel like it when you’re sore, sick, and exhausted (not to mention going slightly mad trying to be there for everyone at once) but your experience has been really inspiring to me, and I think to a lot of people on this board. So just know that a whole lot of “random strangers” are pulling for you and your family!

So good to hear from you dotsmom! I was just thinking of your girls last night. Their names are so beautiful! and I was thinking of the process you went through to choose them, which worked out so well.

My DD was in NICU for 3 weeks, she was 7 weeks early with no warning or prior complications, born at just over 4 lbs. It is hard to see the tiny babies in the incubator hooked to wires, etc. But it sounds like [name]Matilda[/name] is in great hands and I hope she gets stronger soon. Isn’t it amazing how much the nurses care about “their” babies–giving them nicknames and everything!

Anyway, big hugs and best wishes to you and all your little ones!

Thanks for the update – I’ll be thinking of you and your family! I’m so glad your mom is there to help, and that you are beginning to feel better. I’m sure [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] will continue to grow and get stronger and be home soon! This will undoubtedly be a difficult time for [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Henry[/name], but children are resilient and they will be fine - I’m sure it’ll be a big help having you there so they know that you are okay!

[name]Just[/name] wanted to echo all the warm thoughts going out to you and your family. I hope you are all home together soon. I’d love to see pix of the kids if you can post them. Take care of yourself! So glad to hear you have some family around to give you a little help.

Congrats on having you beautiful baby girls! I’m sorry they had to stay in the NICU. I know how you feel about not being able to take them home. My daughter, [name]Alanna[/name], was born 5 wks early and had other medical complications. She had to stay in the NICU for 10 days, and I know that’s not long, but it feels like an eternity when its your baby in there. I was so upset when they discharged me, but she had to stay. And to make matters worse, I had no one to take me to the hospital until my husband got home from work (usually at 8 or 9 at night), and because he worked so many hours, we only got to stay an hour or two before he had to go home and sleep for work the next morning.
I wish you and your babies the best and I’ll keep you in my thoughts. Hopefully they’ll be home soon!
Take care.

I love your daughters’ names so much! [name]Just[/name] love them. Thank you for the update. I really hope that [name]Matilda[/name] continues to progress and will be able to join her sisters and brother at home soon! I imagine that this month has been beyond stressful for you, but stay strong!

Congratulations, it is wonderful to hear about the twins. You are an awesome mother, look after yourself because you are the hub of the home.

We will pray for little [name]Henry[/name] and hope he is happy when his grandma comes to visit and of course as a big brother who looks after all his sisters and that it won’t be long before all is plain sailing.

Prayers too for you, your husband and daughters. We do admire you and your husband so much.