Update on the twins! - decision made!

[name]Hi[/name] everybody!

Quick update on the twins! Been a while. I’ve just been for an ultrasound and the tech told me one is definitely a boy and he is pretty sure the other is a girl but it’s obviously more difficult to tell…

Otherwise, I’m hanging in there - at least the feeling sick bit has passed now - hooray! Rodaidh keeps telling people that Mummy’s getting fat again! (what a little charmer…!). [name]Isla[/name]'s doing really well and has the biggest smile for everyone. I’m so glad she’s a happy baby - makes everything that bit easier. [name]Micheal[/name]'s busy as usual with the farm but has been making time to take Rodaidh out with him to give me some rest time… [name]How[/name] are you all?

Has a thought the other day - they are going to be in the same year at school as [name]Isla[/name]… That’s going to be chaos!

Anyway, back to names!

Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] (tchar-lee tah-ran)
Tearlaidh Airril (tchar-lee ar-ril)
Tearlaidh [name]Cailean[/name] (tchar-lee kay-lan)

[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (mah-ree mor-vn)
Floraidh [name]Morven[/name] (flo-ree mor-vn)
[name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (ay-lee mor-vn)

Which combination do you like best together?

Thanks very much everyone,
Lilidh [name]Macrae[/name]

Hey Lilidh!
Good to hear you’re doing well. Re: the twins and [name]Isla[/name] being in the same year at school… I would hold the twins back a year. Seeing as they’ll be at the very end of the cut off point for Scottish schools it wouldn’t be that much of a hassle to just keep them and put them in the year below. My mum did this with my two little brothers who had birthdays near the end of the cut off point too, and it worked out well for them! Maybe something to think about so that [name]Isla[/name] can be a little seperate from her younger siblings :slight_smile:

For the names I still love Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] and [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name], both together and with Rodaidh and [name]Isla[/name]. Good luck with everything :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea, [name]Liz[/name]! They are technically due just into [name]September[/name] but I don’t expect to make it the full 40 weeks, although you never know!

I’m finding it so hard to choose names… I think we’ll probably go with [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] and Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] but may change mind when we meet them!

I second Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] and [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mairi[/name]!

I love Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] and [name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name]!!

I would pick [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name], because I love alliteration and love that name with the Rodaidh and [name]Isla[/name]. But [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] [name]Macrae[/name] is a little much for me. So, I like [name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name] better.

I confess I don’t know much about these names–so I appreciate the pronounciation guide :slight_smile: – but here are my thoughts:
Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] (tchar-lee tah-ran) - I love Tearlaidh and these three are ranked as I would, with [name]Taran[/name] first then Airril, then [name]Cailean[/name]. [name]Cailean[/name] sounds a little trendy to my American hears with all the [name]Cayley[/name], [name]Kyla[/name], [name]Kiley[/name] names that are around, but that might not be true in your area of course.

[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (mah-ree mor-vn) - I like this one but agree with pp that it might be too much with last name also starting with M.
Floraidh [name]Morven[/name] (flo-ree mor-vn) - I love the way this looks written down. Would [name]Isla[/name] be left out with the only one without the aidh ending?
[name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (ay-lee mor-vn) - is the sound of [name]Eilidh[/name] too similar to [name]Isla[/name]? I don’t mean to sound ignorant but the way I would say ay-lee is similar to aye-la, especially for sisters so close in age. If not, then I might choose this one for the benefit of the varied spelling.

[name]Hi[/name] Lilidh

So pleased to read your post and ‘hear’ the latest on your lovely family.

I still love Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] to bits, it is so charming, I wish my daughter would choose this one, (her baby is due [name]Easter[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]).

For your daughter [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morvan[/name] is it!

Best wishes, you have a delightful family.

Floraidh [name]Morven[/name] is my favourite!!!

:slight_smile:

Thanks! That’s very sweet of you to say (have to say that I don’t always agree but…!).

I’m amazed at how open people are to our names on this website so thank you all for that. Have had some fairly nasty comments from others on other websites…

Is lovely that somebody loves Tearlaidh as much as I do…

[name]Ah[/name] I just love your names, and love hearing your updates! :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to see what you decide!

My favorites are:
Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] and [name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone, thanks for the comments. Still struggling to decide! If you could all give me you’re reasons for the choices that would be very helpful. Thanks, Lilidh

I love your naming style, and I completely know how you feel - our little [name]Raffy[/name] was born back in [name]August[/name], and I am due with our twins in [name]June[/name] … plus our two adopted children are both under four!

Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] - I adore Tearlaidh, and this is my favourite combination - I think that it has brilliant flow, and both names are great.
Tearlaidh Airril - I do like Airril, but for me the names don’t flow as well as Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name].
Tearlaidh [name]Cailean[/name] - unfortuntely, [name]Cailean[/name] has been ruined for me by that US trend of naming little girls [name]Cailean[/name] (and [name]Kaylyn[/name] et cetera).

[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] - I adore [name]Mairi[/name], and I quite like the fact that the twins would both have repeating initials if you went with Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name]; it is a subtle, not match-y connection, in my opinion.
Floraidh [name]Morven[/name] - I also adore Floraidh, and it reminds me of my niece’s name, [name]Flora[/name], which I have always found such a beautiful, vintage classic. Her mummy gets heaps of compliments on [name]Flora[/name]'s name, too. That said, would it be too much to have three children with names ending in -aidh?
[name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name] - I like [name]Eilidh[/name], but it sounds very similar to [name]Isla[/name], and so I personally would steer clear of this one.
My vote is for either [name]Mairi[/name] or Floraidh.

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] again!
Here were my thoughts on the names and why I chose the ones I did:

Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name]-- I think it’s handsome, charming and has the best flow of the bunch!

Tearlaidh Airril (tchar-lee ar-ril) – Not the best flow. A bit r-heavy for my tastes.

Tearlaidh [name]Cailean[/name] (tchar-lee kay-lan) – I’m also turned off to [name]Kaylin[/name] because of the US girl trendiness. Otherwise, this is my second choice.

[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (mah-ree mor-vn) – I love [name]Mairi[/name] but it sounds so similar to Tearlaidh to me that I keep accidentally saying [name]Marley[/name].

Floraidh [name]Morven[/name] (flo-ree mor-vn) – I think Floraidh is darling but for some reason it doesn’t sit right to my ears. Maybe it’s the common r between Tearlaidh and Floraidh that throws me off?

[name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (ay-lee mor-vn) – I know it’s close to [name]Isla[/name], but I just love it anyway! They both have such a femininity and delicacy that I love! I’d probably end up saying Islidh and [name]Eila[/name] by accident, but I can’t help but love the names together anyway.

Best of luck!

Here’s why I picked Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] and [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name]…

Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] (tchar-lee tah-ran) - This is just so hansom!
Tearlaidh Airril (tchar-lee ar-ril) - R-heavy.
Tearlaidh [name]Cailean[/name] (tchar-lee kay-lan) - I think this is really nice but where I live [name]Kaylin[/name] et al is so popular and trendy for girls, so it has been ruined for me unfortunately :frowning:

[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (mah-ree mor-vn) - I love [name]Mairi[/name]! I think it is so adorable. As Twinkle said, I also love that the twins would both have alliteration, so it’s a subtle connection, but not blatant or in your face.
Floraidh [name]Morven[/name] (flo-ree mor-vn) - I love [name]Flora[/name] but Floraidh sounds strange to me for some reason.
[name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Morven[/name] (ay-lee mor-vn) - I love [name]Eilidh[/name] but honestly, it is way to similar to [name]Isla[/name], and because they’re going to be quite close in age, I think avoiding similar sounding names is probably the best idea.

Thanks everyone,
I think there might be some confusion over the pn of [name]Mairi[/name] and [name]Taran[/name]:
[name]Mairi[/name] is pn mah (like mat with out the t) - ree
[name]Taran[/name] is pn tah (like tan with out the n) - ran
Thanks again!

My apologies, I thought [name]Mairi[/name] was “MAH-ree.”
In that case, it gets my vote for the girl name!

No need to apologise - it’s my bad pronouncation explanations!
Thanks Lilidh

Right we’ve decided!

…drum roll please!..

[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Morven[/name] and Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] it is!

Thanks very much for all your input, it’s been very helpful and I’ll let you know when they arrive!

Hooray!! And congratulations! They are beautiful names, Lilidh! :slight_smile:

Hooray!! And congratulations! They are beautiful names, Lilidh! :)[/quote]
Thankyou my dear, have a lovely week!
Lilidh x