Update: Stalled labour ... more time for you to vote on our girl name LOL!

At the hospital and officially in active labour! Still able to text/post but maybe not for long haha.

You may have seen my other posts. You all helped us narrow down our girl names to three which we have brought to the hospital to consider when we see her:

Clara Grey Hampton
Olivia Grey Hampton
Claire Eloise Grey Hamilton

HOWEVER, we are still torn on the second middle name for Claire (my hubby isn’t sure if Eloise is the one) so we brainstormed a couple more options. Please cast your vote for your favourite and help us in these final hours before we meet baby!!

• Claire Eloise Grey Hampton
  • Claire Lily Grey Hampton
  • Claire Willa Grey Hampton
  • Claire Olivia Grey Hampton
  • Claire Grey Hampton
  • Claire Lilah Grey Hampton

0 voters

5 Likes

Good luck with the delivery, and wishing you an easy recovery afterwards! I went with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] 'cause it flows sweetly in my opinion. I also love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u].

1 Like

Good luck with the delivery hope everything goes smoothly and wishing you an easy recovery afterwards :purple_heart:

I went with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_m]Hampton[/name_m]!

3 Likes

You really can’t go wrong with any of these options, but my favorites are [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], then [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]

Wishing you a safe delivery <3

1 Like

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] is stunning :heart_eyes: I also just like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] but I love Olivia:) congratulations!

1 Like

I’d personally go with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]! [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] flows very nicely, too, but if it’s one of your top choices for a first name, I’d save it for if you have another daughter in the future!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] :heart:

2 Likes

Very best of luck! You’ve got this :muscle:

I love the [name_f]Willa[/name_f] combination especially — [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is such a bright, sophisticated, charming name — but all are lovely.

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be my second choice. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and cool classic.

1 Like

I voted for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], but you can’t go wrong here! All are so beautiful, and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_m]Hampton[/name_m] gets an honorary vote as it’s tied for my favorite and I couldn’t decide. :'D

Good luck and congratulations! Wishing you the very, very best!

1 Like

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Grey!!!

1 Like

Thank you!! And yes saving [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] for a potential future daughter is for sure on the table!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband is happy with your honorary vote haha! He likes the simplicity of one middle name with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] too. It’s popular but for a reason!

Congratulations! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] could already be here and is named! [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe it was a boy! But if not and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] is an option, that is my preferred choice! I like the simplicity of one middle name for a sleek sound/look. Can’t wait to hear your final decision! Eek!

2 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] an update on labor and baby for those that are interested …

After 18 hours of labor, we were sent home from the hospital because my contractions (even though strong and 2 minutes apart) stalled and were no longer dilating my cervix :confused: They gave us the choice of being induced right then and there or going home for a day or two to see if we can try some natural remedies to get labor to ramp up again and that’s what we chose. After being up for 24 hours, I did not feel prepared to start the marathon that I know induction can be.

So I guess I have more time to think about the name after all in-between eating hot wings, pineapple, dates and all the cliche foods that are supposed to induce labor LOL!!

4 Likes

Personally, I love Clara Grey. Clara is so timeless yet it has this sweet vintage charm. Clara is perfect (I also love Olivia Grey for you).

As for the Claire combo, I voted Claire Eloise Grey with Claire Olivia Grey as a close second. I would say save Olivia for a first if you love it enough though.

My vote still goes to Clara Grey with Olivia Grey as a close second.

1 Like

How exhausting for you! I’m a mom through adoption so have never experienced labor, but definitely enjoy hot wings, ha!

Since baby is not named yet, this came to mind. It seems like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is the name that you both love. I feel like you really love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and he really loves [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but you both do love [name_f]Claire[/name_f] also. I feel like you are both concerned with the flow of [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_m]Hampton[/name_m], but truly, if that is the first name y’all love + middle honor name, then it is perfection. If you read forums on Nameberry, you would likely find others suggest a million times that an honor name trumps the perfect flow. Maybe you like the idea of 2 middles, but if you don’t, definitely don’t feel like you must have another middle to help with the flow. Personally, [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] is beautiful. I love it because [name_u]Grey[/name_u] is not hidden, but is heard clearly and honors the one you’ve chosen :heart:

1 Like

One more thing I wanted to add here … I originally thought it was best to keep our last name off the Internet so I used “Hampton” as a stand-in for our last name because it’s so similar. But now I’m thinking that I better reveal the actual name in case it changes opinions about which first and middle works best.

So our real last name is actually [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]. Does this make a difference and change any of your votes?

With the Hamilton, I’m not quite as crazy about Olivia. I just feel like Olivia Hamilton is very long. It definitely still works though.
I love Clara Grey Hamilton, so my vote for Clara is still right.
I also really like Claire Hamilton, but Claire Eloise Grey Hamilton is quite long. Also still works though.
I’m sorry if this came off super negative. You have 3 awesome contenders that work great no matter what. Congrats!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote is for sure [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] knowing the last name :slight_smile:
Also [name_f]Clara[/name_f] could totally go by [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a nickname!
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] all goes well with delivery & look forward to hearing what you both end up choosing!

1 Like