UPDATED (PAGE 4) Humor Me, Again?

Honestly, I love all the favorites you picked equally!

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is great! I love how it’s underused, yet familiar to most.

Which spelling of [name]Gwendolen[/name]/[name]Gwendolyn[/name] do you prefer? [name]Gwendolen[/name] is the original, but I [name]Gwendolyn[/name] is much more popular, so I think it would be more conventional. Since your names have several literary references, maybe [name]Gwendolen[/name] would be better (i.e. [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name] Harleth), though [name]Gwendolyn[/name] is also associated with [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Brooks[/name].

I love the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] reference, too! [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is lovely, and fits well with your other names. If you plan on using a nickname, do you prefer [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Trixie[/name]?

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is also great! It’s popularity matches most of the names on your list, too.

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is very pretty as well. I wonder if it’s a bit short next to some of your other names, though.

For the spelling of [name]Eleanor[/name], I don’t know which one I prefer. [name]Elinor[/name] looks more delicate and simple, and it reminds me of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name], much like your other choices. However, I do think that [name]Elinor[/name] will be spelled like [name]Eleanor[/name] most of the time. I think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] would work better because:
a) It’s less likely to get misspelled.
b) It’s popularity is closer to that of your other names.
c) [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] share the first three letters with each other, so I think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] looks better.

If repeating initials with [name]Emmeline[/name] is an issue, I wouldn’t use [name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Elinor[/name], though.

Yes - I think [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] are too matchy. Maybe you could have [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] and change [name]Lydia[/name]'s mn to [name]Caroline[/name]:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Maria[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
WDYT?

Ooh, I like Kyem’s idea! But [name]Lemon[/name], I know that you have loved [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] for awhile, so it might be hard to let go of! I think I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] just as much as [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], and this would allow you to keep [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. It just depends which first name you like the most and could see yourself calling a little girl every day!

[name]Hi[/name], girls!

I think I like [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] best! I eliminated [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] because of the repetitive E initial with [name]Emmeline[/name]. However, each name is not without its issues…

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - Is this name a little too frilly and, well, French, with [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name]? I worry that it is!

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - Well, first off, spelling! I love The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name], so I’m tempted to use this spelling, but I don’t want a name that causes spelling issues so much. Also, does [name]Gwendolen[/name] fit with [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name]? It doesn’t seem to have the same Colonial feel, does it?

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - This was a combination I thought of a long time ago, so it is nice to see it return! I love [name]Charlotte[/name] - always have, since I was 8! - and I don’t think I’d use a nickname with this one. If I did, she’d probably be [name]Lottie[/name]. Anyway, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] blends perfectly with the other names, too…

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I like this a lot because it sounds sweet and sophisticated and gentle! I’d call her [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Cat[/name] or even [name]Kitty[/name], but I love that spelling of [name]Cate[/name]! I think I could be willing to change [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] to [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], but I think that gives [name]Lydia[/name] a much more feminine, frilly sound. Thoughts?

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I love how this brings in a totally different literary reference, [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name]! And, the name sounds vintage yet fresh, and totally unexpected, I think. I’d either call her [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Bea[/name], or maybe even [name]Trixie[/name] - so cute. But, is it too much vintage?

Okay, let me know, friends! If you have any last suggestions that are better than these, feel free to contribute! (I might not be back on until [name]Saturday[/name] or [name]Sunday[/name], okay!)

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

“[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - This was a combination I thought of a long time ago, so it is nice to see it return! I love [name]Charlotte[/name] - always have, since I was 8! - and I don’t think I’d use a nickname with this one. If I did, she’d probably be [name]Lottie[/name]. Anyway, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] blends perfectly with the other names, too…”

“[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I like this a lot because it sounds sweet and sophisticated and gentle! I’d call her [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Cat[/name] or even [name]Kitty[/name], but I love that spelling of [name]Cate[/name]! I think I could be willing to change [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] to [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], but I think that gives [name]Lydia[/name] a much more feminine, frilly sound. Thoughts?”

[name]HI[/name] [name]LEMON[/name]! I agree with your comments on the above 2 names…so, it just has to be [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]! I can just see it–3 little girls, named [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Maria[/name]! All very beautiful, classic names that compliment each other!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Of course, I’m going to have to suggest [name]Cecily[/name]. Other names which spring to mind :
[name]Cassandra[/name] - perhaps too frilly for your taste, and it ends in an A …
[name]Georgiana[/name] - another A name, I’m afraid, but it springs to mind due to [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] (or [name]Julia[/name] in the middle)
[name]Jane[/name] - I’m mainly including this because of the wonderful associations ([name]Austen[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Fairfax[/name]), rather than the name itself
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]/[name]Margo[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]!

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - it is frilly, yes, but I don’t think it is too frilly, and I don’t think that it stands out from your other choices. As it has been fairly well-used in the English-speaking world, and [name]Emmeline[/name] is a little French but none of your other choices are, I don’t think that it is too French, or makes the ‘set’ too French.

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I do think [name]Gwendolen[/name] fits with your other name choices … well, I think it fits well with [name]Lydia[/name], and because of that works with the ‘set’. I can’t really comment on spelling issues, as I have always spelt [name]Gwendolen[/name] like this, rather than the -lyn spelling.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I agree, [name]Charlotte[/name] blends perfectly (the best, in my opinion) with your other choices. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] is a wonderful name, despite the fact that I wouldn’t use it myself (I more love the idea than the name). I love that it is soft and feminine, but not frilly, and classic but not so used as other classics like [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name]. I also love that it sounds a little French, but not obviously so. I also [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Lottie[/name]. I think it is the sweetest, most elegant nickname, and I always wonder why most of the Charlottes I know choose to go by [name]Charlie[/name] when they could have the beauty of [name]Lottie[/name]. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is absolutely the perfect name for your future little girl, [name]Lemon[/name].

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - it does sound sophisticated and gentle, and it is a classic, and it reminds me of Northanger [name]Abbey[/name], which I love, but to me (perhaps it is different in [name]America[/name]) it also seems a lot less unexpected than your other choices. [name]Cate[/name] is nice (on a side note, would you nn [name]Emmeline[/name] to [name]Emma[/name]/e? Or use her full name?), and I adore the adorable [name]Kitty[/name]. As much as I love [name]Caroline[/name], though, I do think [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (very Pride and Prejudice!) has a better sound and flow than [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I adore [name]Beatrix[/name] (it is on our list), and I think it is the perfect amount of vintage to compliment your other choices. The wide range of nn options is wonderful, as is the sweet [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] reference.

I think that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] are THE names for you, and I find myself hoping that you have four daughters! But, both couldn’t have the middle [name]Eliza[/name] … To me, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] has the best flow, due to the variation of syllable lengths. So, another middle for [name]Beatrix[/name] :
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Esme[/name] (For [name]Esme[/name] - With [name]Love[/name] and Squalor)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alice[/name] ([name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, of course)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helen[/name] (of [name]Troy[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ada[/name] (or [name]Aida[/name], the [name]Verdi[/name] opera)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alma[/name] (The [name]History[/name] of [name]Love[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Cybele[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ondine[/name]/[name]Undine[/name] (Paracelsus)
[name]Beatrix[/name] Eponine (I just love the [name]Les[/name] Mis character - so romantic and tragic)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Odette[/name] (Swan [name]Lake[/name]!)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Annora[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name].

[name]Ah[/name]! Thanks, girls! Maybe [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] really is the way to go, but I’m not sure yet! I like them all so much! Or [name]Gwendolen[/name]? Hard choice…

Twinkle, I think [name]Emmeline[/name] would just be [name]Emmeline[/name], actually. Maybe [name]Em[/name] or [name]Emme[/name] ([name]Emmy[/name]), but not [name]Emma[/name]. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] would just be [name]Charlotte[/name], but her nickname would be [name]Lottie[/name] if she had one! It is so unexpected and cute!

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is so sweet, too! I like [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Annora[/name] as well - very unexpected and lovely, as would be [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]!

Okay, I’m going out of town for my grandma’s birthday party now, so I’ll talk to you lovely ladies later, probably [name]Sunday[/name]!

I was hoping you’d say that! As much as I love nicknames, [name]Emma[/name] has always seemed a little insubstantial to me.

I’m glad you like [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alice[/name]/[name]Annora[/name] - I think they’re beautiful! (Although, I am biased towards [name]Alice[/name], of course). [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Honora[/name] are both on our list if we ever have another girl.

I hope your grandmother’s party is a lot of fun! (My grandmothers always have the BEST food at their parties; yummy homemade cakes and the like!)

All of the names I had thought of have unfortunately already been posted. [name]Alas[/name]. I must say, though, I simply love [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name]. The two sisters in Pride and Prejudice. Also, [name]Emmeline[/name] is SO sweet. I love [name]Eliza[/name] and it would be sticking to the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] theme. :slight_smile:

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]- Perhaps it is too frilly. I could easily see this with [name]Emmeline[/name] and possibly [name]Nathaniel[/name] (since they’re around the same length), but not as well with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Henry[/name].

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]- I think it’s okay with your other choices, but not the best.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]- I love [name]Charlotte[/name], too! It would be perfect with your other names!

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]- [name]Catherine[/name] would go well with your other choices, too! I think [name]Cate[/name] looks a lot fresher than [name]Kate[/name], as well. However, I agree with Twinkle that it feels more “expected”, though not as much as [name]Katherine[/name] is. Another question, do you say [name]Catherine[/name] with three syllables or two? I love both [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], but I’ll vote for [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. Also, [name]Cate[/name]/[name]Cat[/name] and [name]Nate[/name]/[name]Nat[/name] is too matchy for me.

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]- This is lovely, too! I think I prefer the flow of [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], though. With [name]Beatrix[/name], I would use a softer middle name.

I love [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name].

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - This is gorgeous! I love [name]Genevieve[/name] and of course, have a soft spot for [name]Eliza[/name]! However, I think it might be a little different in style next to the very classic [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Henry[/name].

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - [name]Gwendolen[/name] is lovely.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I think [name]Charlotte[/name] fits the best with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name], they all have the classic, vintage feel. [name]Lottie[/name] is adorable too!

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - This is really pretty but doesn’t stand out as much as your other choices or [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] because it is a little more common.

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - I love [name]Beatrix[/name]. It is so spunky and cute. I imagine a girl/woman with this name would be fiesty but also refined. Haha. [name]Do[/name] you know what I mean? It’s lovely. I also love the nickname [name]Bea[/name] :slight_smile: I also love it with [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name].

Overall, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] are my favourites with your other name combos. I would say it depends on the type of feeling you want from your sibling set. [name]Do[/name] you want calm, classic and sophisticated? Then [name]Charlotte[/name] is the name. [name]Do[/name] you want spunky, lively and sophisticated feel? Then I would say go with [name]Beatrix[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name], friends!

My grandmother’s birthday was swell - thanks for asking, whoever that was! Really sweet party…

Anyway, my favorites are [name]Charlotte[/name], and a bit surprisingly, [name]Beatrix[/name]! [name]Genevieve[/name] feels too frilly-French for me, and [name]Gwendolen[/name] just isn’t “perfect” with the set for me. [name]Catherine[/name] I think I love too much as [name]Lydia[/name]'s middle name, too.

So, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] has better flow than [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]. Am I right, or am I hearing things? I think something softer, like [name]Annora[/name], works better with [name]Beatrix[/name], rather than the harsher Z sounds of [name]Eliza[/name]. What are your thoughts? But, I do think [name]Beatrix[/name] ([name]Bea[/name], probably) is super-cute! Maybe I will have four girls! Anybody want to think of special middle names for [name]Beatrix[/name], just for kicks?

Yeah, I’d be happy with a daughter called [name]Charlotte[/name], no doubt in my mind. I pretty much think I love it as much as [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Maria[/name]! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] - fun and spunky, yet classic and sophisticated, yes? Perfection. Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]!

The ones that come to mind are:

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]

I was going to say [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Cecily[/name], but I’m thinking there are too many sounds running into each other in the middle there.

Anyway, I know these are all middles you’ve mentioned previously, in other contexts!

Best wishes!
[name]Hilary[/name]

I agree, a softer middle name would probably work better with [name]Beatrix[/name].

From previous suggestions, I like:
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ada[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helen[/name]- Ms. [name]Potter[/name] was born [name]Helen[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], though, so it might be too much of a reference
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]- Would this be too close to [name]Emmeline[/name] for you?

Others:
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Willa[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]

From previous first name suggestions:
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]!

I do love [name]Cecily[/name], but I don’t like it with [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name]. What a shame!

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Flora[/name] is great, but I absolutely adore - love! - [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name]! I really, really like [name]Helena[/name], and its softness is ideal with [name]Beatrix[/name], don’t you think?

Hey [name]Lemon[/name]!

It’s funny becausa I’ve recently started loving [name]Charlotte[/name] too! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is just too sweet!!! (In a good way!) I agree that [name]Beatrix[/name] needs something soft, and [name]Helena[/name] does go well. Since the H sound in [name]Helena[/name] is quite soft, and it almost sounds like an e, perhaps you might like some of the following?..

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Elena[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ella[/name]

Beeatrix [name]Honor[/name] - I really like the fun, vintage virtue feel of this!
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helen[/name] (french pronunciation like eh-len)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Corrine[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]

I think my favourites are [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helen[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]. Good luck!

Bounce

[name]Hi[/name], Bounce!

Thanks for your comments - [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is so sweet, right? But I think it sounds elegant and grown-up, too…

Anyway, your suggestions for [name]Beatrix[/name] are fantastic! I do quite like both [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helen[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Fleur[/name], but I think my favorite of your suggestions is actually [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]! That is totally adorable! [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name] sounds distinguished, but [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] sounds spunky and playful to me!

In my opinion, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] fits PERFECTLY with your other names and meets all criteria. It’s beautiful, elegant, classic, and feminine without being frilly. Perfect!

Out of [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], I prefer [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name] because both [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] end with an “s” sound (well, technically [name]Eloise[/name] has more of a “z” sound). I think both are great, though!