updated poll! out with Adessa, in with Viv!

See the results of this poll: First name for baby girl Rose Prince?

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Eden (nn Edie): 11 (26%)
  • Isabella (nn Bella): 1 (2%)
  • Ruby (nn Rubes/Bibi): 3 (7%)
  • Emilia (nn Mila/Emi): 11 (26%)
  • Vivienne (nn vivi): 17 (40%)

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Eden[/name] - Wow! Sexy is the last thing I think of when I hear [name]Eden[/name]! I think you are safe on that front. What made you think of that, may I ask? I imagine the Garden of [name]Eden[/name], think of [name]Adam[/name] and [name]Eve[/name], and think of [name]Marcia[/name] [name]Cross[/name]’ twins, [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Savannah[/name] Mahoney. I see a spunky, modern, fun-loving little girl with bouncing curls - a girl who is confident, adventurous, and energetic! Definitely not a total sex-pot…

(One thing - [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Edie[/name] have very different images for me. [name]Eden[/name] is as I described above, whereas [name]Edie[/name] is a structured, organized, busy, adult working woman struggling to make it through her hectic lifestyle with a moment to herself. [name]Just[/name] me? Perhaps. But, why “shorten” [name]Eden[/name] to an equally short [name]Edie[/name]?)

[name]Isabella[/name] - Yes, she’ll be swimming in a sea of [name]Isabella[/name]'s, for sure! Moreover, she’ll be swarmed with little girls called [name]Bella[/name]! What about [name]Isabel[/name], a different spelling. Still popular, but a tiny bit less so…

[name]Ruby[/name] - Those nicknames are interesting! Well, my great-grandmother was called [name]Ruby[/name], so I think of her. But, if [name]Harriet[/name] “[name]Hattie[/name],” [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name] age well, why not Miss [name]Ruby[/name]? I think you are safe on that front!

[name]Emilia[/name] - I’d use [name]Mila[/name] alone, personally. [name]Emi[/name] or something - [name]Lia[/name], [name]Mia[/name] - are more accessible as nicknames for [name]Emilia[/name], not that [name]Mila[/name] isn’t. It just isn’t expected. I’m not an [name]Emilia[/name] fan - knew a peculiar girl called [name]Emilia[/name] in high school, and it just looks like a misspelling of [name]Amelia[/name] to me (though I know it isn’t)! Sorry!

[name]Adessa[/name] - For starters, I am seriously not an [name]Addie[/name] fan, so I’m biased from the start against this name. Is this like [name]Odessa[/name]? I didn’t even know [name]Adessa[/name] was a real name, so it might be a bit too much, honestly. Sorry!

From your lovely list, my dear, I’d choose [name]Eden[/name], [name]Isabel[/name], or [name]Ruby[/name]. Make that [name]Eden[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name], for popularity’s sake! Actually, I’d choose [name]Eden[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Eden[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] if it works with your last name - I just like it! [name]Ruby[/name] is cute, though, too! [name]Win[/name]-win!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Eden[/name]: I’ve never been a fan of this name. It has an ugly sound, to me-- plus I just think of ‘eating’ (Eating [name]Prince[/name], with your surname). It’s also a little too religious for my tastes.

[name]Isabella[/name]: [name]Way[/name], way too popular. It just doesn’t stand out. It’s a lovely name, though, and if you really love it, use it anyway!

[name]Emilia[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this! [name]Mila[/name] is an adorable nickname, and I think it absolutely works! [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] sounds wonderful.

[name]Ruby[/name]: It’s a little cutesy for me, but there’s nothing really wrong with it. Rubes is not the best nickname, though. I prefer [name]Rue[/name]. Also, [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] is [name]WAY[/name] too much.

[name]Adessa[/name]: It isn’t a name. What’s wrong with [name]Odessa[/name]??

I love [name]Emilia[/name], but [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] are also very nice! Also, am I understanding correctly that [name]Rose[/name] is the middle name and [name]Prince[/name] is the last name?

I have a friend [name]Isabella[/name] who lives in [name]Italy[/name] and she says that her name is very unusual there. Who would have thought so?

I think all the [name]Isabella[/name]'s must be in UK, US and [name]OZ[/name].

I like [name]Isabella[/name] the best anyway, so it gets my vote. It is a classy name.

I voted [name]Adessa[/name] although I would prefer [name]Odessa[/name]. [name]Essie[/name] is a cute nickname!

Thanks for your posts and votes! A little about our background and reasons for choosing these names. We are Russian/Ukranian/American/Jewish. My dad is from [name]Odessa[/name], Ukraine- which we pronounce with an A sound- hence the made up name- [name]Adessa[/name]. [name]Eden[/name] is Hebrew in origin, so it ties into our religious background. [name]Ruby[/name], beside being our birthstones, was also the restaurant we were at when I told my husband I was preggers! [name]Isabella[/name] ties into the Russian background ([name]Bella[/name] is a popular Russian name) as does [name]Emilia[/name] (nn [name]Mila[/name] means ‘dear/darling’ in Russian). [name]Emilia[/name] is also a good alternative (I think) to hubby’s favorite name- [name]Emma[/name] (not my fave though). Hubby retains veto power, which has made this process MUCH harder than I expected- so we keep trying to narrow it down further…It’s tough- there are so many beautiful names…

[name]Lemon[/name]- [name]Eden[/name] is a beautiful name but I think it reminds me of a potentially sexy name because of it’s meaning (and the only [name]Eden[/name] I’ve ever known was on a soap opera…). I’ve never known any Rubys. I like the spelling of [name]Isabel[/name], even [name]Isobel[/name]- but she’ll still go by [name]Bella[/name] (also an extremely popular dog name after my recent trip to the dog park…). Irisrose- yes, that’s exactly correct! We’re looking for a first name for middle name [name]Rose[/name] (family name) and surname [name]Prince[/name].
[name]Rollo[/name]- I do think [name]Isabella[/name] is particularly popular in those countries- and definitely in my neighborhood…I’ll have to figure out if that will put this great name out of the running. [name]Butterfly[/name]- thanks for the vote of confidence with [name]Adessa[/name]- though I think too many people will end up thinking it’s just [name]Odessa[/name] misspelled:(

[name]Hi[/name] again! :slight_smile: I voted for [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Prince[/name]! I love [name]Emilia[/name], and think it sounds wonderful with your last name. :slight_smile: (I can see [name]Mila[/name] as a nickname for [name]Emilia[/name].) I love [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Eden[/name], too, but I still love [name]Emilia[/name] the most with your last name because of the [name]Prince[/name] of [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Prince[/name] of Rubies associations. I do think they’re beautiful names, though.

I know how much you love [name]Ruby[/name], and I thought I’d mention the possibility of [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

LOL! [name]Hi[/name] again [name]Jill[/name]! I do love [name]Ruby[/name]- I had actually considered [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name]- but I don’t think I’m famous enough to use four names for my kids:) [name]Glad[/name] [name]Mila[/name] is a viable possibility.

Oopsies! I totally forgot about [name]Rose[/name]! Sorry about that! Yep, I love [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Rose[/name], nn [name]Mila[/name]. :slight_smile:

Random thought (and not connected to your list), but I was just thinking about Russian names. I think they’re beautiful, and I especially love [name]Anya[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Annika[/name], [name]Natalia[/name], and [name]Katia[/name]. (Okay…that’s my random thought for the night.) :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

[name]Jill[/name]- I actually love all of those names! The problem is that my sister is [name]Anna[/name] (and three of those names boil down to anna), my close cousin is [name]Katia[/name], while [name]Natalia[/name] is a name hubby vetoed because he didn’t like the nn ([name]Talia[/name]) I would want to use…Arghh! So frustrating. I’ve been thinking of other names and have been playing with [name]Vivienne[/name] (nn vivi or viva), [name]Audrey[/name] (nn?), and [name]Naomi[/name] (nn noms?)…not sure. Thoughts? In the meantime- I think [name]Adessa[/name] is losing favor while [name]Isabella[/name] is still a fave. Though I’m getting more and more concerned about the number of dogs I meet at the dog park named [name]Bella[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name]- I love the name [name]Mila[/name] but somehow haven’t been able to commit to using it on it’s own. Not sure why… Maybe because it’s such an informal term of endearment in Russian I felt that something a bit more formal was necessary? Any ideas for spunky names with international appeal- ie, can be Rushianized? I think that’s one of the reasons [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] have been a little harder to work with- anything ending in an ‘a’ can have a ‘chka’ or ‘ka’ added for my side of the family (ie bellachka, milachka, emmachka). [name]Ruby[/name] sounds rough (Rubika/Rubachka) and [name]Eden[/name] is nearly impossible… (Edinka?). That said, [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Naomi[/name] would also be tough to Russianize as well. OK- brain spinning. I think I’m looking at wayyy to many factors.

OH NO! I didn’t realize if I added anything to the poll the previous results would be deleted!:frowning: Sorry everyone- please vote again if you can…I think the previous results were, in descending order: [name]Ruby[/name], Emlia, [name]Eden[/name], [name]Adessa[/name], and [name]Isabella[/name]- then I added [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Naomi[/name], and [name]Vivienne[/name] to the mix.

[name]Hi[/name], again!

Since I’ve already said all I can about your other names, I thought I’d try to suggest some more Russian (type) names that could work for you…

[name]Darya[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] “Rya”
[name]Irina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] “Reeny”
[name]Liliya[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] “[name]Lili[/name]”
[name]Milena[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] “[name]Mila[/name]”
[name]Natasha[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] “[name]Sasha[/name]”
[name]Viktoria[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] “[name]Vika[/name]”

I think [name]Milena[/name] “[name]Mila[/name]” [name]Rose[/name] could be ideal for you! Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! You have some great names in your family! :slight_smile:

[name]Vivienne[/name]: I love [name]Vivienne[/name]! I still love [name]Emilia[/name] with your last name more, though, because I pronounce [name]Vivienne[/name] with an “in” ending sound, which is back-to-back with the “in” sound in your last name. I think it’s gorgeous, though, and I love it with [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Audrey[/name]: I love [name]Audrey[/name], and really like [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Price[/name], too. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Rose[/name] has a lot of R, I still think it’s pretty. I’m not sure if it’s an issue for you, but I thought I’d mention that [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is the name of a horror movie. (If it’s an issue for you, I’d hate for you to find out after you’ve already named your baby girl.)

[name]Naomi[/name]: I love [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Prince[/name], too.

I hope you choose the name you love the most! :slight_smile: (And for what it’s worth, I love [name]Natalia[/name], nn [name]Talia[/name].)

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Lydia[/name]? I see that it’s also used in [name]Russia[/name] (spelled [name]Lidia[/name]).

Take care! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestions of
[name]Natasha[/name] and [name]Liliya[/name] (or [name]Lilya[/name]). I like their nickname potential.

When voting, I finally went for [name]Naomi[/name] from your choices, though I nearly chose [name]Emilia[/name]. I see how much you like [name]Ruby[/name], but for me, with the last name of [name]Prince[/name], it just sounds too royal or fairytale-like to me, unfortunately.

[name]Hi[/name] again! First things first- does anyone know how I could edit the poll? Here’s the update: DH has vetoed [name]Audrey[/name] (too ‘cold’), [name]Naomi[/name] (bad association), and [name]Adessa[/name] (too weird). I’d like to change the poll to reflect that- or do I need to start a new one?

[name]Lemon[/name]: thanks for your suggestions! I love so many of the names and have run them by DH to no avail. He sticks to [name]Emma[/name] (which I don’t really love)…[name]Darya[/name] he vetoed right away, followed closely by [name]Natasha[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name]. I particularly love [name]Victoria[/name] and [name]Natasha[/name]. The other names you mentioned are close family members so those are out. As for [name]Milena[/name]…[name]Both[/name] DH and I have medical backgrounds where this name comes very close to ‘melena’- not a condition any of us want to have…what do you think of [name]Milana[/name]?

[name]Jill[/name]: Thanks! I actually love the name [name]Vivienne[/name] and have come back to it over the past few months. It’s sounding really strong and spunky to me, though some have told me it has an ‘old lady’ association(?). Again, [name]Natalia[/name] is a name I’ve always loved (along with [name]Natasha[/name]) but I’d want to call her [name]Tali[/name] or [name]Talia[/name] and DH strongly dislikes this nn:( For some reason [name]Lydia[/name] never really grabbed me.

Sprout: I [name]DO[/name] love the name [name]Ruby[/name] (and I think DH may actually be favoring this one a bit as well)- but the [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] combo?! ugh. I fear it may just be wayy too much…

So I guess the ‘new’ list is:

[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn em/emi or mila
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn rubes/bibi
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn bella/ella
[name]Milana[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn mila/lana
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn viv/vivi or viva
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn edie

Thanks again for all the great input!

[name]Hi[/name]! If you change the poll, the present votes will be erased, but if that’s not an issue for you, you could always update the options. [name]Just[/name] go to your first post in the thread, click the “edit” option, and change whatever you’d like in the poll.

I’m still voting for [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (shocking, I know) :-), but I’m also voting for [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Rose[/name], even though [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Prince[/name] have the same sounds. For some reason, I’m not really noticing the N sounds. I totally agree that [name]Vivienne[/name] sounds spunky and strong (and I think elegant, too), and to me, it’s not an old lady name at all.

I do love old lady names, though. :slight_smile: [name]Vivian[/name] has an older feel to me than [name]Vivienne[/name], but I think they’re both great!

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]:slight_smile: OK- here goes…the names DH vetoed are now out (that includes [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Adessa[/name], [name]Naomi[/name], and [name]Milana[/name]). His favorite is still [name]Emma[/name]…but [name]Vivienne[/name] made the cut! Please vote again as we try to narrow down our options for our baby’s first name!

BTW- DH vetoed [name]Milana[/name] for the same reason as [name]Milena[/name]. Looks like I’ll have to get [name]Mila[/name] our of [name]Emilia[/name] somehow if we decide on that name…In the meantime, we tried practice runs with [name]Vivienne[/name] but it sounds so formal. It’s not nearly as soft and frilly as some of the other names (not necessarily a bad thing- just comes off more formidable somehow). I’ll have to sit with it a little longer.

[name]Vivienne[/name] made the cut?! Woo-hoo!!! I’m still voting for [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name], and I’m on the phone, and my friend just voted for [name]Vivienne[/name]. :slight_smile: (To quote her, “[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is so pretty!”) If I can only choose one, I’ll stick with [name]Emilia[/name], not only because I love it with [name]Prince[/name], but because it’s so close to his [name]Emma[/name]. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to see what you choose! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Oh! If [name]Vivienne[/name] is too formal to you (I understand what you’re saying), you may like [name]Vivia[/name].

Take care!