Updated Twin Sets - what do you think?

Thanks again for all the suggestions on my previous post - your input is VERY appreciated!
Here are my frontrunners right now:

If it’s two boys: [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Alvin[/name] & [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Dale[/name] ([name]Joe[/name] and [name]Drew[/name])
If it’s a girl and a boy: [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Dale[/name] & [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Joe[/name] and [name]Evie[/name])
If it’s two girls: [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] & [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Paige[/name] ([name]Josie[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name])

I’m still kind of “iffie” on the middle name choices… the ones used are to honor various family members/friends, but some combinations don’t seem quite right.
Anyway, those will likely change a bit, but what do you think of the names in general?

Congratulations on your babies. I think its lovely that you are honoring your family with the middle names. However, with twin boys, when I first saw [name]Alvin[/name] and [name]Dale[/name], I immediately thought “chipmunks.” You said you thought the middle names weren’t quite fitting - maybe you could do a variant of the honorees names, like:

[name]Albert[/name] ([name]Albie[/name]) or [name]Alfred[/name] ([name]Alfie[/name]) for [name]Alvin[/name] and
[name]David[/name] or [name]Daniel[/name] or [name]Vail[/name] for [name]Dale[/name]

I especially love your gg set gorgeous :slight_smile:

I too thought chipmunk when reading [name]Alvin[/name] & [name]Dale[/name] (I’m a cartoon fan) But I really like the pairing of [name]Joseph[/name] & [name]Andrew[/name]. I have 40 something cousins with those names (really, the older is [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], the younger is [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Drew[/name] & [name]Joe[/name], [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] was my Gagi’s name) But I do think they’re really lovely together. And they’ll age beautifully.

Your G/G set is totally lovely. I must say I’m thrilled to see another [name]Josephine[/name] (mine will be 5 in [name]May[/name]). What a great name! [name]Kate[/name] is a fine middle name for [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is pretty as well. They feel similar but are not alike. Perfect for twins (says she with twin boys, [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Simon[/name]). I’m a huge fan of similar but not matchy.

What I do have a problem with is your B/G set. [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Dale[/name] is fine, as is [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name], in and of themselves. Together though, they’re the same. Masculine & Feminine of each other. I’d twin up [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Dale[/name] & [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name], much less matchy/twinny and equally lovely. Plus, I prefer [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Dale[/name] to [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Alvin[/name] at least as far as first/middles go and don’t quite “get” the switch of [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Alvin[/name] for [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Dale[/name]. [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Dale[/name] & [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would be fabulous!

Did I metion how absolutely jazzed I am to see [name]Josephine[/name] on your list? I have an almost 5 year old [name]Josephine[/name], get nothing but compliments on her name and have yet to meet one under 70! [name]How[/name]'s that for “not blending in with the masses”? I named mine in honor of an Aunt and have completley fallen in love with her name. I can sing it, it lends itself to about a half a dozen pretty nicknames Let’s see, from birth: [name]Posy[/name]/[name]Posie[/name], [name]Fifi[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Effie[/name], [name]Josie[/name], JoRo (her middle name is a rose-variant) and [name]Jojo[/name]; which is really a boy’s nickname to me, I have a 36 year old cousin [name]Joseph[/name] (yes, yet another, the name is rampant within my family) has always gone by [name]Jojo[/name], to distinguish him from the other 11 in the family. And still, my [name]Josephine[/name] stands alone in that crowd too. It’s just fabulous. All the way around!

okay, /gush.

Fabulous choices, one and all but I’d rethink that B/G pair a bit.

I like [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] for gg actually, but thats jmo. i love josephine!

Eew, please don’t use [name]Evelyn[/name], It’s so old lady. I’m 16 and I would feel so bad for a poor baby living with a name like [name]Evelyn[/name] in 2009 and beyond.

Choose a different name for the love of your unborn child. Like I have suggested before why not try Avelyn, or Ivelyn, way less embarrassingly antiqued.

[name]Navi[/name], not be be argumentative or anything, Have you listened around you? Not disparaging, but teenagers are the most self centered people on earth. (I’ve been one, and have dealt with two of my own already, I know where I’m coming from!) It’s not a bad thing, bt it makes a teen miss the big picture. [name]Evelyn[/name], which you call “so old lady, eww” is in the top 100 already and has been since 2002. It’s ranked 55 already and poised to go higher still. So much for old lady, ewww. at #55, that’s 4,989 little girls a year. You know, [name]Emily[/name] was considered an “old lady” name too, about 20 years ago. And it’s been #1 for what, 11 years now? So it’s really a case of “what goes around, comes around”. :smiley:

I love [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]! [name]Joseph[/name] is my brothers name and im naming my daughter (due in [name]June[/name]) [name]Evelyn[/name]

If it’s two boys: [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Alvin[/name] & [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Dale[/name] ([name]Joe[/name] and [name]Drew[/name]) - love, and I really love the unusual name [name]Alvin[/name]!
If it’s a girl and a boy: [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Dale[/name] & [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Joe[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]) - love, and I really love [name]Evelyn[/name]. It’s time has come. Not old lady anymore! I would happily consider naming my own daughter [name]Evelyn[/name] if I were to have another daughter (which isn’t going to happen because I am getting a bit too old for that!). [name]Dale[/name] is a cute middle name, too.
If it’s two girls: [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Kate[/name] & [name]Eleanore[/name] [name]Paige[/name] ([name]Josie[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name]) love both of these! I love the middle name [name]Kate[/name] more than the middle name [name]Paige[/name]. I prefer [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name].