Ursa?

What do you think of the pairing [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]? I only put them together this morning so if the flow is off that’s fine, I’m not emotionally attached yet haha.

Any other middle name suggestions? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer it to [name_f]Ursula[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] poll in the quick poll thread has them almost tied.

Normally I go for 1 syllable nicknames, but since [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] is short, I think I can get away with a longer one for once.

3 Likes

It flows. I like [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] far better than [name_f]Ursula[/name_f].

1 Like

Ursa [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] is really cool! It has a strong, witchy feel that I like! I think I prefer [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] over [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] and it definitely flows better with [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]!

1 Like

not a fan of the name ursa. it also reminds me of this character from dota 2

ursula i love even though it also reminds me of the villain from the little mermaid but i don’t mind i just love how it sounds

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]! It has great flow and a sort of warrior queen vibe, I really like it.

Ursula is growing on me (love the meaning and the nickname [name_f]Sula[/name_f]), but it still sounds a little too harsh for my tastes, plus there’s the Little Mermaid and Friends associations. So my vote would go to [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] over [name_f]Ursula[/name_f].

3 Likes

I think I just prefer [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] by a little bit. I sort of like the names [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] together but they remind me of the constellation [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_m]Minor[/name_m] because of [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] and the next word starts with an M.

1 Like

I’m in love with [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]! [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] is in my top 10, and whilst I ever do slightly prefer [name_f]Urse[/name_f], [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] is absolutely delightful.

1 Like

I like it! I love the connection to the constellation. [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] sounds magical :blush:

2 Likes

@Fixmytimingbelt thanks!
@sgsg8 thank you, witchy feel is definitely a plus in my book! :smiley:
@mssuzannavictoria fair enough! It does mean bear so I’m not surprised to see bear characters with the name. I haven’t heard of that game, but that art is super cool. I do also like [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] and think maybe the association with [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid has faded a little bit.
@katinka Thanks, [name_f]Katinka[/name_f]!
@Sabrina_Mae [name_m]Ah[/name_m], that’s a good point. I felt like it needed a middle starting with a “soft” sound, you know? I think I’ll keep [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] for now until I come up with another middle.
@rosepip than you so much!
@whatchamacallit Thanks!!

5 Likes

Yes! I love the astronomical association. Paired with [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f], [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] is lovely, enchanting, and mystical.

2 Likes

[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] flows really beautifully. I like the sound of [name_f]Ursa[/name_f], but it feels a little incomplete to me, so I prefer [name_f]Ursula[/name_f].

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] or [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. Soubds cleaner, more streamlined, more confident.

1 Like

Ursa [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] feels magical and witchy

2 Likes

The constellation is definitely more usable than The [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] ([name_f]Ursula[/name_f] / [name_f]Ursuline[/name_f] too)! [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] is so edgy and dark and heavy sounding, which is absolutely gorgeous and so cool. I so personally prefer [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] to [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], if anything than because of the Little Mermaid connection most people make (though I think of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]’s twin from Friends ).

I also really like the imagery of [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] paired with [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]. It’s very dark and heavy and [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_m]Alan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u]-esque feeling.

Some other ideas for middles:

Ursa [name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Elain[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Allaire[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Rhianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morgaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this combo all day! Obsessed! <3

1 Like

Thank you so much!

That’s so funny, I just added [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] to my list a few days ago! So I will say that I prefer [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], but [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] is very pretty :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like