Ursula?

[name]Hi[/name] guys, I am relatively new to nameberry and was wanting some opinions on the name [name]Ursula[/name]. I have always thought the name was pretty but is the little mermaid association too strong? [name]Do[/name] you think the name itself is pretty?

Some possible middle names could be [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]. Any other suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

I love the name [name]Ursula[/name]! It’s my second favorite name. From the combos you had [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] are the ones that stood out to me. I don’t think The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid is too bad of a connection and I still think it’s usable. It can have some adorable nicknames as well, such as [name]Sula[/name], [name]Suki[/name] or [name]Bear[/name] (Since [name]Ursula[/name] means “[name]Little[/name] [name]Bear[/name]”). [name]Ursula[/name] is strong yet romantic.

Here’s a few middle name ideas:
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Hettie[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]January[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Gem[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Fae[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] Kokoro
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Ondine[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Lettice[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Ninon[/name]

HTH!

Thanks for the suggestions! I really like [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name], [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Fae[/name] and [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Plum[/name]!

Anyone else have any opinions on the name [name]Ursula[/name]? [name]Will[/name] my kid hate me for giving her this name? :frowning:

I love [name]Ursula[/name]. It’s definitely in the running for our next daughter (with super cute baby nicknames [name]Lala[/name] or [name]Sully[/name]). I absolutely don’t think of the [name]Little[/name] Mermaid but when I asked the same question you have several months ago, the responses seemed split between people who could only think of [name]Little[/name] Mermaid and those who loved it but weren’t quite brave enough to use it. You should search the forums for that thread - it included the reaction of an actual [name]Ursula[/name] who always loved her name.

I’m in my late 30s and I associate it with [name]Ursula[/name] [name]Le[/name] Guin the writer and [name]Ursula[/name] Andress the 60s sex symbol/actress - not a bad combo lol!