Ursula

So, I was trawling through a cookery course website and came across some customer comments about the children’s parties they run - obviously, I had to stop and take a look at the names. They were all very typical, popular (here in the UK) choices, such as [name]Jack[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]. That is, apart from one - [name]Ursula[/name].

I’m not considering using it, I just remembered hearing someone talk about their love for the name on another thread (which I can’t for the life of me find, even though it wasn’t that long ago), mentioning how it’s perhaps not liked by most people, and I thought I’d let anyone crushing on [name]Ursula[/name] know that it’s not totally out of use, despite evil Disney octopus-creature connotations!

[name]Auburn[/name]

I’m glad to see a real-life [name]Ursula[/name] running around! I love that name but am probably not brave enough to use it myself.

I have seen it in real-life, too! I worked at a medical office and we had a little 3 year old named [name]Ursula[/name]. She was the sweetest little girl! I wish I would have asked what her sister’s name was…I was definitely curious.

I know a 26 year old [name]Ursula[/name], she was born somewhere in Eastern Europe. She went by [name]Ula[/name], which I thought was cool.

One of my best friends was born in Poland and her name is Urszula (yes, she spells it with a “z” as well as an “s”). This name is forever associated in my mind with the beautiful Swiss-born actress [name]Ursula[/name] Andress so it always had an exotic appeal for me.