Usable?

In a perfect naming world I would likely use either Wolfram or Wulfric for a boy of mine. DH is vehemently opposed as are the family members I’ve mentioned it to (lesson learned not to discuss names with family other than DH)! My brothers comment was, “unless your last name is [name_u]Van[/name_u] Halen, there is no way to pull off [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]”. Can you tell what decade he grew up in?

Are these names so hard to wear? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you consider them usable? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a preference between the two?

They would certainly be bold choices. Unless you had some heritage/other tie that connects you to them, I can see why you’ve come across resistance from family & friends.

Since DH is “vehemently opposed”, does it really even matter if they’re useable?

You don’t have to be in [name_u]Van[/name_u] Halen to pull off [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]. Since your husband is vehemently opposed to Wolfram/Wulfric/[name_m]Wolf[/name_m] anyway, I would move on.

They are very STRONG masculine names, but if hubby is opposed, they aren’t for you. Personally, I think the names are being set up for a lot of werewolf/wolf/dog jokes as your son gets older.