Usain Bolt & Kasi Bennett

The greatest sprinter of all time and Jamaican Olympian, [name_m]Usain[/name_m] Bolt and his girlfriend [name_f]Kasi[/name_f] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] announced the name of their daughter:

Olympia Lightning Bolt

I LOVE IT! With a last name like Bolt I love that they had some fun with a powerful middle name of Lightning but stuck with something beautiful, feminine and regal like Olympia for her first name. (Lightning Bolt also happens to be [name_m]Usain[/name_m]’s nickname while he was competing.) Obviously, tons of meaning for the couple.

What are your thoughts?

10 Likes

It feels very on theme, since [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] was probably chosen to commemorate [name_m]Usain[/name_m]'s time at the Olympics. Maybe a little much, but [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] is a beautiful name!

1 Like

I think this is the best name I’ve ever heard. It’s amazing! And clearly something meaningful to them :blush:

4 Likes

I saw this earlier. Normally I’d be :face_with_raised_eyebrow: at a “gimmicky” middle name – last name combo like Lightning Bolt, especially with [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] as the first name, but she is [name_m]Usain[/name_m] Bolt’s daughter so I kind of love it! :cloud_with_lightning:

2 Likes

This is hands down my favorite celebrity baby name so far. PERFECT. Sounds beautiful, intriguing, fun but not too out there for a celebrity, interesting but still sounds like a name, lots of meaning for them- I’m just obsessed.

3 Likes

Oh, wow!!! I love it and I want to steal it! :heart:
What a powerful, stunning, unique, modern, elegant, bright, special, memorable and romantic name!
I love [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] as a first name! :heart: I think many athletes love it ([name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] made me fall in love with this name). Lightning is an awesome middle name and the last name Bolt sounds perfect with this lovely combo. I love the meaning and the sound.

2 Likes

Yessss I love it!! :smiley:

1 Like

I love it! It’s such a stunning and striking combo (not trying to make a pun, sorry :roll_eyes:). Very powerful and elegant, and perfect for [name_m]Usain[/name_m] Bolt’s daughter!

2 Likes

It’s more out there than most names I like, but it’s so fun and regal I just have to love it.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] but Lightning is going a bit too far for me.

1 Like

I love it, but they’ll probably have a tough time naming a future sibling.

1 Like

I’m sorry but it made me laugh when I saw it. I don’t think it’s going to age well.

If they have another girl and don’t do [name_f]Athena[/name_f] Fabric Bolt they’re missing out…definitely not as intense as lightning, but still works! Haha :joy:

1 Like

I think it’s beautiful if they have a son they should totally call him [name_m]Kingston[/name_m] [name_u]Thunder[/name_u] Bolt!
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f] [name_f]Lightning[/name_f] is such a cute combo.

1 Like