User Names - is it possible to change them?

Hello,
I was just wondering if it is possible to change our user names?
Or is that a potential future update?
If not that’s ok though. Thanks!

It’s not possible, I’m afraid. A new user can change it for the first day or so, but after that it’s locked.

There are several reasons for it. One is to prevent @mentions and links breaking, another is to keep the continuity of recognisable names and faces, and another is to prevent people from changing names and pretending to be someone else.

I hope that makes sense. I know it’s frustrating, but if you really want to change your username you’ll need to reregister with a different email address.

3 Likes

@anon68906791 I may be able to change it, what would you like it to be?

It changed! Thanks @katinka!

2 Likes

Is this still the same :tired_face: I’d like to change mine : /

Unfortunately, usernames can’t be changed except by signing up for a new account under a different email address. I could then merge the old and new accounts so that the posts are transferred to the new username.

FWIW, I really like your username! :ballet_shoes:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s my name. I just want it to be more private

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], OK. Well, if you do have an alternate email address you can use to sign up for a new account, I’m happy to merge them and then delete this account. You’ll keep your posts but lose your original join date and any badges.

Awww darn. Then I’d rather not : / I’ve recently discovered people screenshot these posts like in name shaming groups on Facebook and I want to be more private

That’s really horrible! Sorry to hear that. [name_m]Just[/name_m] let me know if you ever change your mind.

Not with me but I’ve seen it being done to other people. They come and get screenshots from nameberry of people’s posts and post them on facebook

May I please change my username? I’ve wanted to for the longest time but didn’t think it possible! I would want to merge my old account!

You’ll need to create a new account first under a different email address, then let me know your new account and I’ll merge.