Usernames having a 1 added to the end

I’ve had a 1 added to my name as well, unfortunately.

1 Like

Sorry about that! I’m trialling a fix now.

Please see OP for information about a fix we’ve found :+1:

It seems like this has happened to me too - some of my posts seem to be showing livia1 as the author and some don’t :confused:

1 Like

You’re on the list! I’m submitting them to the tech side a few at a time because there might be a short delay before they can get to updating the accounts, and I don’t want too many people in the “queue” at once because you won’t be able to log in while it’s in progress.

You can keep posting under this name for now, the posts will be brought over to your regular account.

OK, the first batch I’ve merged and submitted for their accounts to be updated are:

@loverofnamesx
@namefan
@emrys
@jessicajanex17
@dechen
@lainy

Could you please like this post when you manage to log in again so I know it’s all gone smoothly?

3 Likes

@katinka Mine has done this (I most certainly changed my email address at some point in the last decade)… I would love my original Sunniva account back, please, when you’ve got a minute. Thanks.

1 Like

@katinka - I already messaged you about this the other day but figured I’d reply here as well in case it makes things easier.

1 Like

@pansy You’re on the list too but I still haven’t had confirmation that the email addresses for those 6 above have been reset, and I won’t be merging any more until those are all through.

Thank you @katinka! It worked!

1 Like

@emrys Yay! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] that all your posts etc. are there?

@katinka Very happy, thank you so much! I really appreciate your help with this and all the work you’ve been doing for the forums. I imagine it’s a bit of a challenging time currently!

@emrys Actual footage :point_down:

2 Likes

OK, the first batch have gone through and everything has worked as expected :raised_hands:

So, I’ll be merging the next batch in the next few hours. Please bear with us while everything goes through – it takes a little while for the changes to take effect. Once you’ve been merged, you will not be able to log in until the email update process is complete, which could take up to a day.

Please email support@nameberry.com if you are still having issues logging in after this point.

The next batch will include:

@pansy
@mega_muffin
@sunniva
@southern.maple
@livia
@otri
@jonquils
@moonstone

3 Likes

It’s fixed for me - and I have my moderator tools (which I didn’t with the “namefan1” username).

1 Like

All fixed! Thank you, @katinka!

1 Like

All is well again. Thanks, @katinka.

1 Like

Fixed! Thanks @katinka!

2 Likes

User @jame1881 has faced this issue, too.

1 Like

With the new forum update, somehow an extra “1” was added to the end of my username, jame1881. Is there a way to remove it?