Using a friend's daughter's name as a middle name??

So I’m in love with the name [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Isla[/name], the only problem is [name]Isla[/name] is the name of my husband’s childhood best friend’s daughter. He honestly hardly ever speaks to him anymore, we don’t live nearby. However, his mother lives in the same town and they stay in touch. I’m not sure how I feel about it, I know they will hear about the baby from my husband’s mother, but maybe she can just tell them her name is [name]Caroline[/name] and leave it at that? I would never use it as a first name, but I loved it before I even knew it was their daughter’s name. So what does everyone think?

I don’t think there is any issue at all with you using the name [name]Isla[/name]. Your husband’s childhood best friend certainly does not own the name [name]Isla[/name], and since he and your husband don’t talk much anymore I don’t see a problem.

I’d say it’s totally fine. If you were naming your daughter the exact same first and middle, then that would be crossing a line, but you’re not. [name]Isla[/name] is not someone’s private property…it’s a GORGEOUS name, and it goes so beautifully with [name]Caroline[/name]. You have great taste! Congratulations on your upcoming daughter!