Using very similar names for a mn for one child and a fn for the other?

I think the names [name]Cameo[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Emmaline[/name] [name]Sylvester[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] are both beautiful, but I’m not sure about the whole double [name]Emme[/name]/[name]Emmaline[/name] thing. I prn them ever-so-slightly different: [name]Emmeline[/name] being Emm-uh-line and [name]Emmaline[/name] being [name]Em[/name]-muh-line, but you can hardly tell- not at all if you’re saying them fast. Would it be alright to use both, or would it seem like you ran out of name ideas and just recycled it? Any other names that would go good between [name]Cameo[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name]?

[name]One[/name] of my sisters has the same first name as another sister’s middle name. My middle name is a version of that name. It’s never been an issue with us, and it’s really not something we’ve ever thought too much about.

Some names that are similar to [name]Emmeline[/name] are
[name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Amalie[/name]
[name]Amalina[/name]
Amaline
[name]Emelina[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]

I have the same issue! My daughter’s middle name is [name]Ann[/name], but I have always wanted a little girl named [name]Anne[/name]. Hubby wouldn’t go for it. I wondered if I could use it, but decided, it is kind of out because we call her by both names sometimes.

See I much prefer the idea of children having different names as makes them even more individual and special to me. All depends on personalities too, I would have been miffed if I had the same name as my sister, as it was I was annoyed that she got 2 middles and I only have 1! haha not in a seriously upset way but it was a bit irksome that’s all.

I know in some families it’s traditional for all the girls to have the same middle name though, but I definitely couldn’t do it.

Currently debating about a possible middle name for no.3 and whether it’s too similar to no.2’s middle - Saphina and [name]Sophia[/name]…I’m thinking it’s a bit too similar really…

I agree both names are nice, and though I don’t disagree with the double name as a general rule, I think in this case it might pose problems. If you pronounced them differently ([name]LINE[/name] vs. LEEN for example) it would be better.

It would depend I guess if you’re one of those parents that uses first and middle names together a lot. Poor [name]Emmaline[/name] could mistake when you are talking to her or to her sister.

However, I don’t really have any suggestions that sound as good. [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Madeline[/name] or [name]Adeline[/name] maybe.

Or there’s [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Emilia[/name] or [name]Emerson[/name] (if you like boys names on girls?)