Using your name in reverse for your daughter? Good idea or not?

We’re considering using [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] as our girls name. My name is [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Helen[/name] - is it weird to use the names in reverse for my daughter? Thanks R x

I think its a little weird, but when you have a name as beautiful as [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name], I don’t think it matters.

I think it’s a very cool idea, i would suggest a [name]Helen[/name] variation though, my favs are:
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Halina[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
Helina [name]Rachel[/name]

good luck!

I think it’s fine. I agree the variation idea is a neat one. You certainly don’t have to, but if you like it, it opens up some ideas. In addition to those above, I think [name]Helena[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] are very pretty. Good luck!

I don’t know if it’s different for girls, but my name is my father’s inverse and I never liked that concept. :confused:

To be completely 100% honest, it sounds lazy to me. Like “hey, I can’t come up with a good name for my daughter. My name is [name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Amanda[/name] so I’ll name her [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Jennifer[/name]!” That being said, it IS a nice name. Could you do reverse initials maybe? Like [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Renee[/name]? [name]Hailey[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?

If [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] is the name you love, then I think it would be wonderful. I don’t see an issue with a girl being named after her mother.

I honestly think it’s a completely fine idea, especially because I think your names work so well together in that order. If it weren’t something that sounded as nice, I’d probably rethink it, but [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] is a fine combo, though personally I prefer [name]Helena[/name] (Hel-AY-nah)

I don’t think it’s a problem. [name]Rachel[/name] is a lovely name and it’s nice that there is some meaning or reason behind her name.

I don’t like naming the child after either parent, just seems a bit, hate to say it, vain. I’m not a fan of honouring in general, but it makes more sense to me to honour someone who has passed, not myself or my spouse. If it was a family tradition, I can see it, but otherwise I would give my child their own names, not a rehash of mine. Sorry, just my opinion. It’s your child, if you both like the names, go for it.

I don’t think it is too weird. But, WOW I love the previous suggestion of [name]Helena[/name] [name]Raquel[/name]. I love [name]Raquel[/name], it’s so pretty.

Thanks everyone. Perhaps I should have mentioned that [name]Helen[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] is a name we love in spite of the reversed connection! [name]Helen[/name] has been one of my favourites for ages and I can’t come up with any middle name that feels quite as right with it as [name]Rachel[/name] - we used family names as middles for our other 2 so think we should continue that. She would be sister to [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name]: does it work?

As to the suggestions [name]Helena[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] does flow lovely but is a little [name]OTT[/name] for me to actually use in real life. I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Helena[/name] mainly because I really dislike the heh-lay-nah pn and hardly anyone goes with heh-len-a around here.

I don’t think it’s lazy or weird, it’s a gorgeous name and I’m sure she will love the connection. What matters is if you love it.

I think it’s gorgeous, and it sounds great with [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name]. It would also sound fantastic with a brother [name]Julian[/name] [name]Harvey[/name] if you have a son after naming her this!

Nothing wrong with that at all, we did it with my husband’s name for our son. [name]James[/name] [name]Casey[/name]=[name]Casey[/name] [name]James[/name]

I don’t think it is strange. Sons are named after their dads all the time.