Uterine Septum

I’m wondering if anyone else has experience with a uterine septum?

I had surgery to remove mine almost a year ago now. Initially, they thought that it was a bicornuate uterus (dip at the top) but it turned out to actually be a septum dividing my uterus 3/4 long after a saline ultrasound (the worst). They were trying to rule out an ovarian cyst after lack of periods so it’s quite random I was even able to discover this issue before TTC or giving birth. I’m grateful that I potentially avoided a miscarriage.

I haven’t met anyone else with this so curious to know if there’s anyone out there. Also if you have successfully conceived and if you were able to have a natural birth or c-section?

Hey! I have a bicornuate uterus. They wondered if it was affecting conception for us, even though it is only a mild dip.

Funnily enough, I have a low lying placenta. So, I wouldn’t be surprised if the egg had trouble embedding anywhere but the bottom of my uterus.

I haven’t given birth yet, but my dip is non existent now that my uterus has grown. Although, I do need my placenta to move a little further or a C section would be necessary. I saw the dr today and he expects it to move in time.