vacation names

When I was young one of my favorite places to go was to Mexico. We would board the train in Mexicali and travel three days until we got to Mexico City. Then we would take a candy-colored taxi with a mini statue of the Virgin [name]Mary[/name] on the furry dashboard and big fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror down the mountain, all the way to lush and green Cuernavaca, filled with flowers and squawking parrots. We would stay in Cuernavaca for a whole month, taking side trips from time to time. There were many wonderful restaurants and places in Mexico that had gorgeous names. Here are some of them:
Merida - a city in Yucatan
Veracruz - two great names in one city which is on the Gulf of Mexico.
La [name]India[/name] [name]Bonita[/name] - a Hungarian-Mexican restaurant in Cuernavaca. [name]India[/name] and [name]Bonita[/name] are lovely!
Monterey - a city in Northern Mexico
[name]Magdalena[/name] - a city near Guadalahara which was where the observation car was attached to the end of the train that we were traveling on. There was a bar where we could buy sandwiches and sodas. It was much cooler than the diner car with the hot kitchen and the heavy tablecloths.
[name]Shirley[/name] [name]Jean[/name]'s - a restaurant in Mexico City that had animal heads hanging on the walls. Okay both of those names are out of style, but I predict that [name]Shirley[/name] could hit the hipster list in a few years.
Casa Beltran - the little tienda where we bought sandals every year. Actually [name]Beltrano[/name] is the Spanish form of [name]Bertram[/name]!
Chamela - a city on the [name]Pacific[/name] coast of Mexico.
San [name]Miguel[/name] de Allende - I’ve heard Cuernavaca isn’t that pretty anymore, but San [name]Miguel[/name] de Allende is the new Cuernavaca. [name]Miguel[/name] is a great alternative to [name]Michael[/name].
[name]Quintana[/name] Roo, a state next to Yucatan inspires me to think of the name [name]Quinn[/name]. The popular tourist destination Cozumel is in [name]Quintana[/name] Roo.
Ciudad Juarez - next to [name]El[/name] Paso, [name]Texas[/name]. Juarez would be an incredible boy’s name!
Nuevo [name]Laredo[/name] - next to [name]Laredo[/name], [name]Texas[/name]. [name]Laredo[/name] would be a great boy’s name, too.
[name]Baja[/name] [name]California[/name] - [name]Baja[/name] is an ultra-cool place name.

I will add some more Mexico names soon. Is there a vacation spot you love? Are there gorgeous names associated with your vacation spot that you could tell us about?

[name]India[/name] [name]Bonita[/name] is so romantic”love it! [name]Magdalena[/name] is actually a family name so I would definitely consider it for a daughter (and it would make a good sibling for brother [name]Luca[/name], unless she gets the nn [name]Lena[/name]!).

I actually know of a girl named Cozumel because that’s where her parents met!