Vaeda/ Veda/ Vada spelling

Thoughts on the name and preferred way of spelling it.
It will be pronounced as “Vay-Duh” and I’m open to other ways to spell it.

I prefer the [name_f]Vada[/name_f] spelling!

Thanks!!

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] is my favourite

1 Like

If it’s gonna be pronounced vay-duh then [name_f]Vaeda[/name_f] is the most intuitive spelling for me, but not my favorite. I’d instinctively pronounce [name_f]Veda[/name_f] as vee-duh or veh-dah and [name_f]Vada[/name_f] as vah-dah

4 Likes

I prefer Vaeda overall, especially for the “vay-dah/duh” pronunciation.

1 Like

I prefer either [name_f]Vaeda[/name_f] or [name_f]Veda[/name_f]. It is hard for me to see [name_f]Vada[/name_f] as having that pronunciation.

1 Like

I prefer Vada; I think the similarity to “Darth Vader” would make people want to intuitively pronounce it vay-duh.
Veda would be vee-da to me.

2 Likes

Veyda or Veda!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Vaeda[/name_f] or [name_f]Veda[/name_f] work but I personally prefer the look of [name_f]Veda[/name_f]. [name_f]Vada[/name_f] I would instinctually pronounce like Vadd-uh.

1 Like

[name_f]Vada[/name_f] both looks nice and is intuitive for the pronunciation imo

1 Like

Ditto everything said here!

1 Like

I love the [name_f]Vada[/name_f] spelling! Makes me think of [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Girl[/name_f] :sob: (in a good, not overwhelming way). I’d be hesitant to use [name_f]Veda[/name_f] since it’s the name of a religious text, but aesthetically that’s my second favourite option.

3 Likes

[name_f]Veda[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] would be my favourite though [name_f]Vaeda[/name_f] or [name_f]Vayda[/name_f] would probably ensure the right pronunciation

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Vaeda[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I LOVE Veda!!! So pretty and underused! I would spell it [name_f]Veda[/name_f] it is my personal favorite spelling.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the feedback. I love the name but am going back and forth about using it due to pronunciation and meaning behind [name_f]Veda[/name_f]. It is tough to think of girl names!

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] was going to be our name if this baby was to be a girl so I truly love it and love that others are feeling it lately.

I like the [name_f]Veda[/name_f] spelling but it does link it more to the Sanskrit meaning, which for us was a positive but that might not be right for every family. [name_f]Vada[/name_f] makes me think of “My girl” more which is also nice but in [name_f]India[/name_f] a [name_f]Vada[/name_f] is a fried snack … So depending on where you are or why you are picking the name, this may or may not be an issue.

1 Like

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] looks enough like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] that I would pronounce it “Vee-da.”
[name_f]Vaeda[/name_f] is the most intuitive for me, though I don’t particularly like how it looks.
So I vote for [name_f]Vada[/name_f].

1 Like