Vale Arden J... initial problem?

[name]HI[/name]. I posted another post about my twins’ names, but I want opinions on our initial dilemma.
DH and I had a bitter time naming DD, so it is with great relief that we found a boy name we both adore. Really, it is like a lightening strike!
[name]Vale[/name] is a family name, plus a name we both love
[name]Arden[/name] is my maiden name, and I would love to pass it on.
Our second choice middle is [name]Asher[/name], which is our second choice boy name.
Our last name starts with a J.
V.A.J

With the similar sound to slang for a female body part, we don’t know if it would be a problem :oops: WDYT?
I love the name enough to use it unless it might be a real problem. I don’t think it will, but I wanted to check with a bigger group…
Would you have thought about it if I hadn’t brought it up?
We don’t really have any names we agree on that don’t start with an A for middles. Praying it is okay…

Unfortunately, the first thing I saw was the slang word! My immature partner also burst out laughing when he saw it…however, that is the point - if you avoid monograms and writing the initials V. A. J. you shouldn’t really have a problem!

At school is initials would just be V.J. (a cute nickname, btw!)

While I think people will notice it and immature people will snicker, it’s not likely to be a problem if VJ is used instead :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, when he gets into middle and high school, unless he is super cool, he’ll probably get called the slang term. I know boys who call each other that on a regular basis.

I know from your other post that you’re daughter has two middle names, and you’re probably going to continue that tradition with your girl twin. My solution would be to give him to mns as well. [name]Vale[/name] [name]Michael[/name] [name]Arden[/name]…VMAJ

[name]Vale[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Derek[/name] [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Kyler[/name] [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Arden[/name]

HTH :slight_smile:

Honestly I don’t think it’s a huge issue. People don’t talk about their middle names that much. Yes, it’s not the best initials in the world, and someone at some point will probably notice it, but I don’t think it’s a huge deal. And it’s not something as blazingly obvious as [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Smith[/name], for example.

Its a big issue! It really jumped out at me. Why don’t you use [name]Arden[/name] as a middle name for the girl twin?

It would be a problem for me, but I come from an area where monograms are pretty commonly used. I think I’d have to change it, personally. But it is an awesome name. :frowning:

I think VAJ would be a huge problem! Gorgeous name - but the slang definitely was the first thing that jumped out at me!

I would either put in another middle name or do some other initials. Some of the Berries may not see it, but I know kids my age (14) who would. It would most likely be a problem as he got older as well.
Sorry. :frowning:

Asked my husband, and he said yes it’d a problem definitely.

Yeah unfortunately I think the initials are a problem. I think having 2 middle name is a great solution too. Or have you considered naming him [name]Arden[/name] [name]Vale[/name] instead? You could always call him [name]Vale[/name] still. You can’t get away with VAJ though…its just not OK!

Well if his friends ever get wind of his middle name and are able to make the connection he is in for it. We all remember how immature teenage boys are, it doesnt take much. You said your daughter had two mns right? What about using two for [name]Vale[/name]. [name]Vale[/name] [name]Arden[/name] ________ J. That way you avoid any embarresing intials and you still get to use your favorite names.