Valentina? Carolina?

i love how romantic they both sound.
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] would be after my mum who is [name_f]Carol[/name_f] but I would also use [name_f]Carol[/name_f] as a middle name somewhere if we don’t choose [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]. (caro-lee-na)
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_u]Val[/name_u]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lila[/name_f]

thoughts?

4 Likes

I love it! I think it’s cause these are names from my culture :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I just love Spanish names over anything!

I love both names! With the pronunciation you’re using, I prefer [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], although I love the meaning that [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] has to you. Both are absolutely beautiful! The nicknames aren’t me style as much but I do like [name_f]Lena[/name_f].

They’re both very pretty! I prefer [name_f]Carolina[/name_f], especially since it honors your mother.

1 Like

Carolina would probably mean so much to your mom. Very sweet :slight_smile:

Both are gorgeous!

My favourite in general is [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] the name is so romantic and sassy. I think [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is beautiful. But for you my favourite is [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] just because again it’s gorgeous, has a lyrical romantic vibe and has the obvious connection to your mother. Using names that honour people is just so lovely and personal. I really love that [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] incorporates such a personal namesake.

Carolina and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] are both so lovely! I probably prefer [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], because I really dislike [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] pronounce caro-Iine-ah and you’d probably get that pronunciation.

1 Like

Whilst I love [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] and I’m biased since it’s my name and I use the same pronunciation you would, just thought I’d give my two cents.

The name will very very rarely be pronounced that way, it will take more than one correction to get people to say it right (and some will never do!). Not sure where you’re based but usually it’s very difficult to get people in the US to say it like that. The line-ah pronunciation comes so naturally to people that switching to lee-nah doesn’t come easy.

I’d say [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Carol[/name_f]! I think that would be beautiful!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] -sleek and stylish

Carolina is nice too -full of flair and i like how it honours while also being its own name

As others have mentioned, [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Carol[/name_f] would be a nice combo

Carolina isn’t really for me, but I think [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is absolutely stunning!

LOVE [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]! I prefer [name_f]Cara[/name_f] to [name_f]Lila[/name_f] here, but I’m a fan of [name_f]Lila[/name_f] in general (although I say [name_f]Lila[/name_f] as lye-lah, so caro-lee-nah nn lye-lah doesn’t seem the most intuitive to me? Or would you say it lee-lah?), just not as much as a diminutive for [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]. Then again, [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] is virtually the only name I like to get to [name_f]Cara[/name_f], so I’m probably biased. :wink:

Good luck!

I absolutely love [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] is such a special name for you. I’d personally chose [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Carol[/name_f], but they’re both gorgeous.

I think that [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] is lovely. [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] [name_f]Carol[/name_f] would also work really well!