Valentine as a middle name?

I really do love the name [name]Valentine[/name] for a boy [[name]VAL[/name]-en-tyne, like the word], and ever since I heard [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Ellis[/name] Bexter named her son [name]Kit[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] I’ve fallen in love with it even more, especially since I love the name [name]Kit[/name] too!

BUT, I would never use it as a first name. It’s a little too pretentious and [name]Valentine[/name]'s [name]Day[/name] would be a chore for the child. What do you all think of [name]Valentine[/name] as a middle? Could it work without sounding completely weird?

I’m thinking maybe:
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Fox[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Ivo[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]

But nothing’s set just yet!

I like it with [name]Leo[/name] but I think it would flow and sound better as [name]Leo[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Valentine[/name], would you consider that?

Good luck :slight_smile:

The name is unisex but used by so many more girls than boys than I would go for [name]Valentin[/name] or [name]Valentino[/name] which are more mascule

I like Leo Bennett Valentine :smiley:

Actually, last year in the UK there were 6 girls named Valentine and 9 boys. So it’s pretty even here, but more so a boys name. I do like Valentin, but nowhere near as much as I like Valentine. I have a bit of an addiction to that strong ‘i’ sound.

I have forever loved this name as a boy’s middle name!

I was thinking of the hundreds of little French girls he would share a name with (886 were born in 2009), it’s the 71st most popular name for girls but if it’s not a problem with you then go for it. It’s just something to be aware of in this day and age with internet and travel especially if youre already considerably closer to [name]France[/name] then say an American boy who might be named [name]Valentine[/name].

But in French the pronunciation is different, so it’s not something I’m really worried about :slight_smile: I’m in [name]London[/name], so not very close to [name]France[/name] (I don’t think I’ve ever met any French people actually, except when in [name]Sweden[/name]), and won’t ever be traveling there on a regular basis. So it shouldn’t be a problem for me.

I think [name]Valentine[/name] sounds great on a boy, especially in the middle. (Then again, I tend to like softer boys names and prefer most unisex names on a boy.)
Of the names you listed, l like [name]Noah[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Fox[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]/[name]Leo[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] the best.

I think [name]Noah[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Fox[/name] is my preference :slight_smile:

I think it’s fair game as a middle name. I like [name]Leo[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] best but [name]Noah[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Fox[/name] is very intriguing too.

I know a little girl named [name]Valentine[/name] so it’s a girls’ name to me. I like [name]Leo[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] though.:slight_smile:

Thanks girls! :slight_smile: