Vanessa and Nick Lachey Welcome Baby Boy Camden John

[name]Vanessa[/name] and [name]Nick[/name] Lachey [name]Welcome[/name] [name]Baby[/name] Boy [name]Camden[/name] [name]John[/name]

Kind of funny to me since reality TV star [name]Kristin[/name] Cavallari just welcomed [name]Camden[/name] [name]Jack[/name]. I guess [name]Camden[/name] is becoming fairly popular for the boys. I’m not sure I’m a fan. It sounds a bit feminine to me for some reason.

I was just thinking the same thing! [name]How[/name] bizarre to have another [name]Camden[/name]! [name]Vanessa[/name] did say that they had the name picked out for a while, so maybe it isn’t that much of a coincidence after all. Perhaps [name]Camden[/name] is going to be the successor to [name]Cameron[/name], as [name]Cameron[/name] is so popular.

As a baseball fan it reminds me of [name]Camden[/name] Yards. It’s not my favorite name, but it’s growing on me.

[name]Camden[/name] has been rocketing up the charts for a few years now, it was #160 last year, so it’s not hugely popular yet but it’s in steady use.

A few [name]Kristin[/name] Cavallari fans on Twitter have been quite vocal about “name stealing”, but I told them they’re all ridiculous, as the name is hardly original!

i dont like the name…

I was a bit surprised that they named their son [name]Camden[/name] [name]John[/name] right after [name]Kristin[/name] Cavallari named hers [name]Camden[/name] [name]Jack[/name], and then I read that [name]Nick[/name] and [name]Kristin[/name] apparently used to date which makes it even stranger. I think it’s just a genuine coincidence. I think part of why I’m so surprised about the whole situation is that I just don’t get the appeal of [name]Camden[/name] at all. As I’ve mentioned in previous threads on [name]Camden[/name], all I can think of is the city in New [name]Jersey[/name], which unfortunately doesn’t make for the best namesake.

Oh, wow. The most shocking thing about this situation is that she apparently has an active fanbase on Twitter. I have nothing against her, but she was on a scripted reality show years ago and as far as I know hasn’t really done anything noteworthy since other than date a few celebrities and marry an athlete. What is there to be a fan of? Not even just a fan, but enough of a fan to get into Twitter altercations over her personal life?

I know, I know, it’s barmy.

You do get some very scary fan types on Twitter, and I tend to find the scarier the fans, the more likely it’s a Z-List celebrity!

I don’t think she is married to the athlete. I thought they were engaged still.
Anyway I agree. She is mediocre and has not done anything so I don’t know why she even gets any attention. It is funny because I looked her up on Google and it talks about how she is not mad at [name]Nick[/name] and [name]Vanessa[/name] for using [name]Camden[/name]. Like [name]Kristin[/name] Cavallari owns [name]Camden[/name] now!
I used to think [name]Camden[/name] sounded good for a girl, but that was before I was more of a name nerd. I am grateful I don’t think that way anymore.

I read this a few days ago, so I looked up her tweet (as I don’t follow her!), and it said “Apparently [name]Camden[/name] is a popular name!”

A short while later, she posted “oh by the way, that wasn’t a bitchy tweet…” - yeah sure it wasn’t - she only said that because some people replied to tell her that she doesn’t own the name.

I then replied, like I did her fans, telling how just how popular her beloved [name]Camden[/name] is becoming!

I agree, [name]Camden[/name] does have that feminine edge, doesn’t it? [name]Camden[/name] [name]Jack[/name] is my favorite out of the two. I never was much a fan of [name]John[/name], nor [name]Jack[/name] but I like [name]Jack[/name] more than I do [name]John[/name]. I like [name]Cambria[/name] for a girl, which is very similar to [name]Camden[/name] and maybe the female version? Although I could see a girl named [name]Camden[/name] because to me it seems to be a unisex name.

The names are no relation to each other at all.

[name]Camden[/name] is an Old English surname and place name, meaning “enclosed valley”.

[name]Cambria[/name] is the Latin form of Cymru, which is the Welsh name for [name]Wales[/name].

NB: I note that Nameberry says [name]Camden[/name] is a Scottish surname, but I would dispute that, as it comes from Anglo-[name]Saxon[/name]. The Anglo-Saxons who invaded [name]Britain[/name], invaded the South and [name]East[/name] of [name]England[/name], but never [name]Scotland[/name].