Vanessa?

Thoughts on this name?

2 Likes

Vanessa is a really pretty name! It sounds youthful and mature at the same time which I love and I love the nn’s [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Nessie[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think of [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_m]Carlton[/name_m]! She’s amazing!

That’s my name :blush: I’ve only ever met one or two people with the same name my whole life. Some of my family call me V or [name_f]Nessa[/name_f].

I love it I think it’s underrated since it’s considered dated by some people but I don’t really think that :rofl:

Vanessa is a lovely name! Really very fond of the nn [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] (though it’s currently off the table for me for personal reasons) and [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] is one of my favorite ways to get there. Also lovely on its own without a nickname :slight_smile:

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]! It’s my late cousin’s name. I love it with the nn [name_u]Van[/name_u], or [name_f]Essie[/name_f].

I like it! I like [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] or [name_u]Vinnie[/name_u] for a nickname

Vanessa is high on my list. [name_f]My[/name_f] combo is [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and I love it!

People tell me its dated or very 80s though. But I’ve never met anyone older named [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. If I did, I would feel like she had a beautiful name. I think of [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] who has aged with grace! Or [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_m]Bryant[/name_m] - [name_m]Kobe[/name_m]’s wife who I think is really pretty as well.

I only know one [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]- my friend’s step daughter and she’s in her early 20s. [name_m]Ive[/name_m] never met an older [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f], one my own age (and I’m an 80s baby) or a little girl named [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] so I guess its very abstract to me.

Some also say the meaning butterfly is kinda down market or that at one point [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] was considered a made up name but its obviously caught on and been around.

For some reason its a name a lot of people don’t seem to like but there’s something about it I really do love. I tend to like names starting with V and some seem prissy but [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] actually seems pretty without being over the top, prissy or arrogant which I think is why it appeals to me!

1 Like

I’m an 80s baby and know loads of Vanessas! ([name_f]My[/name_f] cousin, and 4 of them in my grade alone.) I don’t have any negative feelings toward the name, I just don’t have any distinct impression of it, probably because I’ve heard it so much.

I absolutely love [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. It’s on my own list. I think it’s sweet and absolutely beautiful, and I love the nn [name_f]Nessa[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Quite nice with a sweet meaning

I really like [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. To me it sounds and elegant. I don’t know any Vanessas - I don’t think it was ever very popular in my area, so it doesn’t seem dated to me.

I love [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. It’s so pretty. I hope it makes a come back.

I’ve always rather liked [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. Has a princess feel. Was one of my favorite 90s girl names. :heart:

I think out of all the 80’s 90’s names, [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] is one of the few that doesn’t feel too tired or dated and could work well on a little girl today.

I knew of a [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] in the 1960’s. She was the daughter of a neighbour up the street. I loved the name then, and I still love it.

I used to love it. When I planned out my 12 children as a girl, my 5 year old was [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f], but now I am tired of both those names. They are good names, just not fresh to me any more.

I do love [name_f]Nessie[/name_f] as a nn though.