Vanessa?

I just came across [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] and, while I didn’t like it when I was younger, think I might be kind of liking it. What are your opinions? [name_f]My[/name_f] main problem with it was that it sounded annoying to me.

I really like [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]! I think it’s cool and sweet, not annoying at all! Plus there are so many great nicknames: [name_u]Van[/name_u], Vee, Ness, Nessa…

2 Likes

Think it’s a great choice, familiar but not too popular

1 Like

[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] has a warm sound and pretty meaning

1 Like

I think [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] is a really beautiful name and I like the literary & butterfly connections

1 Like

I think it’s pretty, a bit dated to me though. I like how it has a ton of nickname possibilities

1 Like

Vanessa’s classy and glamorous, but I’m not sure it’s the “warmest” sounding. Still, it’s gorgeous – nowadays, it’s fresh and exciting. [name_f]Nessie[/name_f] is a cute nn even though it slightly reminds me of the [name_m]Loch[/name_m] Ness monster :wink: Actually, Essie’s a darling nn too!

2 Likes

It’s one of my favorite girl names, but dh keeps saying no

1 Like

I think it’s pretty and elegant! [name_f]Nessie[/name_f] is an adorable nickname, or V, [name_u]Vanny[/name_u], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], Ness, etc.

Also, [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and Ferb.

1 Like

[name_m]Eh[/name_m] I also gravitate towards the annoying feeling… it makes me think of [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] Hudgens and popular girls in school, not great. The only thing I like is that [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_u]Green[/name_u], one of my favorite actresses. played a Victorian lady called [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] and her character was very interesting.

1 Like