Venus?

It’s a new name crush! But… It sounds close to penis. :frowning: and that makes me sad. I would love to be able to use it one day. The meaning behind it is great!

[name]Roman[/name] [name]Goddess[/name] of [name]Love[/name] :slight_smile:

I knew a [name]Venus[/name] once and she was very happy with the name. She never mentioned any kind of teasing with it although she always got a reaction since it is unique.

@gigigibbons yes! Exactly :]

I know a [name]Venus[/name], she is from the Philippines. Never crossed my mind about “penis”.

So maybe association with the planet will outweigh the teasing potential? And by teasing, I mean [name]Jr[/name]. High/High school bullying.

I dont know, I immediately thought of [name]Venus[/name] Flytrap and the brand of razors so I think there are still some teasing factors, plus the goddess of love thing might lead to some inappropriate comments but maybe not.

Oh my goodness why is it that you haven’t mentioned the famous [name]Venus[/name] [name]Williams[/name]?!! Now this girl carries the name [name]Venus[/name] off with flair and no one is going to think penis, they will think goddess of love if anything.

My college roommate was named [name]Venus[/name], and she loathed her name, so much so that she had it legally changed to [name]Vanessa[/name] as soon as she turned 18.

I’m not a fan either, personally.

I immediately thought of penis when I saw the name, not gonna lie.

I like the [name]Roman[/name] [name]Goddess[/name] name [name]Venus[/name] and never connect it with penis. I think it’s usable, but you need to pair it with more “usual” name, just in case she’ll prefer not to be called by that name.
better [name]Venus[/name] than [name]Aphrodite[/name] though…

I like the [name]Roman[/name] [name]Goddess[/name] name [name]Venus[/name] and never connect it with penis. I think it’s usable, but you need to pair it with more “usual” name, just in case she’ll prefer not to be called by that name.
better [name]Venus[/name] than [name]Aphrodite[/name] though…

Can somebody out there from the U.S. tell me that they know the famous American tennis player [name]Venus[/name] [name]Williams[/name] and her sister [name]Serena[/name]? They play in Australia for the Australian Open [name]Tennis[/name] Championships which is a world wide championship, and both sisters they are exceedingly well known here, so I am hoping that their reputation as tennis players is as well known in the U.S. as here.

rollo

[name]Venus[/name] = Penis = V [name]Williams[/name]. That’s all I can think of.

My first association was [name]Venus[/name] in Furs, the novella and the [name]Velvet[/name] Underground’s song, and then Miss [name]Williams[/name].

Yes, they are quite famous in the US as well, so I’m sure plenty of people will think of her when they hear the name. I still think planet first, then the goddess. I also never considered its unfortunate rhyme.