Verena or Verbena?

I like both.

Which do you prefer? Why?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] they give different imageries for you?

1 Like

I like the distinctive, colourful vibe of [name_f]Verbena[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Verbena[/name_f], because [name_f]Verena[/name_f] makes me think of venereal disease.

2 Likes

verbena looks grey to me…for some reason.

but verena is a sage green, which is arguably a better sight to visualise, so i am going to go with verena.

[name_f]Verena[/name_f] but largely due to familiarity- I know a [name_f]Verena[/name_f], it reminds me of a hippy [name_f]Serena[/name_f]. I’ve never known a name starting with Verb - so it immediately takes me to linguistic meanings, like verbiage. Might just take me time to get used to it! I don’t love either though.

1 Like

[name_f]Verena[/name_f], mainly because I associate verbena with scented lotions and candles.

2 Likes

I knew a [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] and much prefer it to [name_f]Verena[/name_f], which makes me think about disease :grimacing:

[name_f]Verbena[/name_f] is citrusy and bright and distinct, and gives you the adorable nickname [name_u]Bean[/name_u].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Verena[/name_f] is such an underused gem. It is really such a beautiful sounding name!

[name_f]Verbena[/name_f] is a scent for me.

so hard – both are easily in my top 200! verbena for me though, its so witchy<3

[name_f]Verbena[/name_f] is absolutely precious,

I think [name_f]Verena[/name_f] wins for me!! To me, [name_f]Verena[/name_f] is like a dark purple, witchy-chic vibe, wheras [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] makes me think of a candle/perfume scent

[name_f]Verena[/name_f]! It sounds really romantic, maybe because it reminds me of [name_f]Verona[/name_f]. [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] is also nice, though, and I like the nature association, but the “verb” bit is really prominent to me and it feels a bit less name-like.

[name_f]Verena[/name_f].

I just learned that [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] is a flower because I searched the meaning, but here in Spain we mostly use [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] as a name for open-air dances. They usually take place in summer nights and are full of music and food.

1 Like

I’ve long had a thing for [name_f]Verena[/name_f], so she gets my vote! [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] is an absolutely beautiful flower but for some reason she doesn’t do anything for me as a name.

[name_f]Verbena[/name_f] makes me think of lemon verbena, but that’s not a bad association! I think it sounds nicer than [name_f]Verena[/name_f], so I would pick [name_f]Verbena[/name_f]

Give off different vibes for me.

I favor unusual names over common names (within reason). I would certainly like to meet a [name_f]Verbena[/name_f]! It’s all garden and green and cottage-y outdoors for me.

[name_f]Verena[/name_f] is simply lovely. I’ve treasured it since sixth grade. Timeless, rarely used, and good at any age. I like it when head-to-head with [name_f]Verbena[/name_f], but either one is a great choice.

1 Like

[name_f]Verena[/name_f], because [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] just makes me think of soap.

The sound of [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] feels warmer and cozier and I like that its a botanical name.

[name_f]Verbena[/name_f] because it gives an image of mystery, divinity, enchantment. The plant was used as a protection against spells and also used for good luck and love :seedling::sparkles: :purple_heart:

I prefer [name_f]Verena[/name_f]. Sounds better imo. It gives a romantic vibe, similar to [name_f]Verona[/name_f].
I don’t like [name_f]Verbena[/name_f], the verb beginning sounds harsh.