Veronica question

I usually like names that aren’t too popular. I know [name]Veronica[/name] isn’t in the top 100, but it is a well known name. My grandfather, [name]Ronald[/name] [name]William[/name], just passed away and I really want to honor him. I’m not big on [name]Verona[/name], because we’re theatre people and I don’t want the [name]Shakespeare[/name] association. Any other ideas other than [name]Veronica[/name]? Or is [name]Veronica[/name] unusual enough nowadays?

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Renata[/name]? That is close…

Other [name]Ron[/name] names:
[name]Rhonda[/name]
[name]Aeronwy[/name]
[name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Petronia[/name]
[name]Sharon[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Ronia[/name]/[name]Ronja[/name] - this is a children’s book character that people love :slight_smile:

[name]Veronica[/name] is pretty unusual now. Last year it was 261.

I think [name]Veronica[/name] is unusual enough nowadays. If you don’t love [name]Veronica[/name], you could always use the even less “popular” nickname [name]Vera[/name], which is also a name on its own.

I love the name [name]Veronica[/name]! I’ve met only one in my life, but she was actually a French woman named [name]Veronique[/name]. Plus I love that you have a couple of nn options. I like [name]Bronwen[/name], as suggested, but to me it sounds so formal. It’s just not my style, I think.

Thanks for the advice! I know a couple of Veronicas from childhood, but I feel like it is still off beat. I am always nervous about names I use blowing up to the top 10.

I will think on [name]Bronwen[/name]. It’s not my usual style, and I am a nickname gal, so I’m not sure how I feel about Broni, or Weni. I will also look [name]Ronia[/name]/[name]Ronja[/name]. Never heard of this children’s book!

I love [name]Veronica[/name]. I don’t think it will have any huge popularity spike, and yet it is still a well known name.
I also like [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Bronwen[/name].