Veronica

[name]Veronica[/name] is among my favorite names, but I have some questions about it.

I’ve heard some people say that the name sounds “Catholic” to them. [name]Do[/name] you think so? (I’m not Catholic.)

Would you shorten the name, and if so what nickname(s) would you use?

Any other thoughts on the name?

Hello! My name is [name]Veronica[/name] and I have only gotten the “Catholic thing” a few times. Not enough to make it an issue. (I’m not Catholic, either.)

My nicknames have included [name]Ronnie[/name], [name]Ver[/name], [name]Ron[/name], [name]Nica[/name] (Nee-kah), [name]Vern[/name], [name]Veron[/name], and [name]Ronnie[/name] [name]Jean[/name] (my middle name is [name]Jean[/name]).

[name]Hope[/name] this helps! I’m a bit biased, but I think it’s a beautiful name and I’ve really enjoyed having it as my own. :slight_smile:

I don’t even understand the Catholic connection, so I really don’t think that’d be a problem. A foreign exchange student is in my [name]Art[/name] class named [name]Veronica[/name] and she goes by Vroni. I think that’s cute. [name]Just[/name] plain ‘V’ is nice, too. I love [name]Veronica[/name].

[name]Veronica[/name] does not seem overtly Catholic to me at all (though I know the history of that connection.) If anything, I find [name]Veronica[/name] rather sexy, a la [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Lake[/name] and [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name]. And [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Mars[/name].