(Very Belatedly) Announcing Nugget's Arrival!

Congratulations :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

what an incredibly stunning, magical, meaningful name!! I love it so much! Congratulations to you and your family!!!

may I also ask, how are you pronouncing [name_f]Nimue[/name_f]? I’ve seen a few different pronunciations of it, so I’m curious!!

1 Like

Congratulations! I was eager to see what name you went with. Honestly, I hope you come back again in a few years time for naming part 2. :blush::rofl:
[name_f]Nimue[/name_f] is so enchanting. [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is solid and earthy and Lunaria was my favourite. It’s magic. All the best with motherhood.

1 Like

Congratulations! What a beautiful and meaningful name!

1 Like

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! I have been checking this topic every day waiting to hear news of Nugget! I am so over the moon for you all and so in love with your choice. I was rooting so hard for Nimue Fern! Yay!! Lunaria is completely magical and the story about the rabbit moon is amazing. It seems meant to be.

Wishing your family all the light and peace I can muster. Hopefully your uncertainty around living arrangements is resolved soon! Lots of love!

2 Likes

Oh the biggest congratulations to all of you! I have been patiently waiting for this announcement and it was so fun being involved in the name selection process!

I love the story about how S only read the meanings, and then the omen from the clouds/moon! Really really cool naming story your family can always treasure.

Congratulations again on your little one! :two_hearts: She’s so well named!

1 Like

I absolutely adore [name_f]Nimue[/name_f]. So lovely and I’m incredibly happy to see it used. [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is just lovely. Congrats on your little nugget and I have my fingers crossed that things get easier for you real soon.

1 Like

The biggest congratulations to your family! [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] is an absolutely perfect name :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I adored reading this announcement. Her name is gorgeous (and I definitely nerded out because of the Merlin/Arthur connection).

1 Like

I haven’t checked birth announcements in a while, but I’ve been wondering what you chose and this is such a lovely, thoughtful option. [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] and [name_f]Fern[/name_f] were both some of my very favorites from your list, and as I’ve been on an Arthurian legend kick lately I’m especially excited to see [name_f]Nimue[/name_f]. Congratulations to you and your family!

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the love and support and congratulations and well-wishes! I’m all squirmy with happiness that you guys love our final choice. It really does suit her so perfectly!

@regionlatbest - We are pronouncing it NIM-oo-ay, in which [name_f]Nim[/name_f] rhymes with [name_m]Jim[/name_m]. For folks who have trouble pronouncing it, we just tell them to call her [name_f]Nim[/name_f].

@anon25197097 - Best believe that I’ll be back with another Monster List for any future littles!

@alatari - Eeeeee! I confess I’ve been anticipating your response with much excitement, and I’m so glad you love where we landed! Several times I’ve tried to emulate your ability to string together the meanings of all three names, but I try to cram too much in and end up with run-on sentences, haha.

@eattacosforbreakfast - It was such a fun journey with all of you, and I’m super glad you enjoyed being part of it!

Again, I’m simply over the moon with all the love for Nimue’s name! Hugs to all of you for being part of our name journey. It has been an absolute delight! :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

oh, that’s my favorite pronunciation! how absolutely beautiful and magical. Congrats again!!!:heart:

1 Like

absolutely adorable!! swoon🥰

1 Like

Oh this warms my heart to hear! I absolutely adore where you landed. She is named with such beauty and reverence, and I know she’ll be loved the same way!

I totally see what you mean about the run-on sentences - all three names have such different, distinctive meanings.

[name_f]My[/name_f] initial “translation” of all three together is,

”She who voyages boldly across the lake and beneath the moon”

But I also like,
”Bold is the moonsong of the [name_f]Lady[/name_f] of the Lake”

or,
”The [name_f]Lady[/name_f] of the [name_u]Lake[/name_u] lives among moon-like ferns”

I couldn’t find a way to work ‘honesty’ into it without it being clunky!

2 Likes

I’m very late as I’ve been on hiatus, but so many congratulations! I’d been so excited to see what y’all would choose, knowing whatever it was would be stunning! Of course I was right! I hope little [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] and each of her parents are doing well! :heart::herb:

1 Like

Such a beautiful name! Congratulations.

1 Like

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f], [name_f]Nimue[/name_f]!

1 Like

There is so much meaning in her name! It’s amazing!

1 Like