Victoria?

I really like [name]Victoria[/name] but do you think we could just call her [name]Victoria[/name] insted of [name]Vicky[/name] or [name]Tori[/name]?
My combo is [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

I love [name]Victoria[/name], but like you, I don’t like [name]Vicky[/name] or [name]Tori[/name], at all! [name]Victoria[/name] is so gorgeous, and I do think you could avoid the nicknames. I know a [name]Victoria[/name] who is around 50 and has never used a nickname.

I think [name]Victoria[/name] is gorgeous, too, and I also can’t stand [name]Vicky[/name] or [name]Tori[/name]. I do know of one [name]Victoria[/name] who managed to avoid the nicknames. If anyone called her [name]Vicki[/name] even once, her death stare would insure that the person never made that mistake again. :slight_smile:

That said, you really won’t be able to control what others choose to nickname her. Using [name]Victoria[/name] as a middle name avoids the [name]Vicki[/name]/[name]Tori[/name] issue all together.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like the name [name]Victoria[/name], but, like you, I don’t like [name]Vicky[/name]. [name]Tori[/name] is okay though. I know a girl called [name]Victoria[/name] nn [name]Tiki[/name], and I think that is very cute, but it might be weirder in other countries? In New Zealand a tiki is a Maori symbol so it’s a word that everyone is very familiar with.
The only thing that could be a problem with caller her [name]Victoria[/name] when you don’t like the nicknames is that if she wants to be called [name]Vicky[/name] or [name]Tori[/name] you wont really be able to stop her. Or if one of her friends calls her that you can’t say “NO! That’s not her name!”

[name]Victoria[/name] never gets old–great name! You would just have to insist on using the full name. [name]Vicky[/name] isn’t very popular these days from what I’ve seen so I don’t think it’s all that likely to stick, unless your daughter likes it.

Huge fan of [name]Victoria[/name] but, like you, can’t bear [name]Vicky[/name] or [name]Tori[/name]. [name]How[/name] about in the middle? I know a girl called [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] and I think her name is especially lovely.
amym, [name]Tiki[/name] is so cute! I think most people would be familiar with it because of Tikki lamps?